Pattaya: Hundreds of 60+ expats get vaccinated at Central with Pfizer jabs

webfact

On 8/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, Thingamabob said:

I'm confused. I keep on reading posts complaining about the difficulty of getting vaccinated in Thailand alongside reports of expats who have been vaccinated, with excellent service etc. Which is it ?

I think those that are complaining are just not being proactive enough to find sources and register and get appointments.

All Farangs I know that have been jabbed have had 2 separate appointments and so had to cancel 1, including my missus who qualified in the 40+ category.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:23 PM, Golden Triangle said:

That surprises me, mine is 12 weeks, I was hoping that they bring that down, I really hope you get called forward sooner than that, they did say to me that they would confirm the next dose by phone or SMS, so every chance that it could be pulled forward, I hope the same goes for you. ????????????????

AZs optimum efficacy is at 12 weeks on the first jab so hold out to that before your second.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

I think those that are complaining are just not being proactive enough to find sources and register and get appointments.

All Farangs I know that have been jabbed have had 2 separate appointments and so had to cancel 1, including my missus who qualified in the 40+ category.

Intervac website (the very first time when the website came online)

expatvac website

Samitivej Hospital

Social Security Office

Mor Phrom

Bumrungrad

Phyathai 2 

BPH

BNH

BCCT

Not complaining here but I would like to know how to be more proactive.

3 minutes ago, hay2008 said:

Intervac website (the very first time when the website came online)

expatvac website

Samitivej Hospital

Social Security Office

Mor Phrom

Bumrungrad

Phyathai 2 

BPH

BNH

BCCT

Not complaining here but I would like to know how to be more proactive.

Well I got appointments from 2 of those with no problem

And my wife signed up for BCCT last Friday and got an appointment (1 week later). And also one at BPH which she signed up for earlier but sent them a reminder and got an appointment the next day.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It is just a bit odd.... people register all over the place, I did, my Mrs did..... and nothing seems to come of it for long periods of time. One hears nothing and begins to worry if it will ever happen. Then suddenly one gets a text, or two, saying, come get it tomorrow. And we are at peace with the world. 

• Like 1

Registered with as many as I could, nothing for ages, then Medpark Gave me a date, The very next day i got an appointment for Pfizer in Pattaya (Closer) Had my first Vaccination last week, but also over the last week have had 4 other appointments offered, all for Pfizer, Yes all in Bangkok, seems to be an abundance right now.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

What I don't understand where I am at the moment I can't receive a Pfizer jab, for over 60 you will only get the Astra Zeneka jab what is different from Thailand and other countries.

In the Netherlands my parents in their 70's had pfizer. 

I was booked in for Friday 27 Aug 10:00-11:00.

Unbeknown to everyone the BIG flooding rains began. 09:30 on Khaotalo & I am getting edgy.

My taxi driver got stuck half way down Sth pattaya road going nowhere quick.

10:30 I say to turn back my house.

Called hosp and they said get there before 15:00 for Pfizer.

12:30 take motor bike taxi. Wow! Never seen Pattaya this flooded in my 9 years of living here.

Short story is that I finally walked/waded about 15 minutes down Central Pattaya rd, water/refuse up to my knees to get to the Pfizer jab.

Likely I now have some Hep problems from walking through sewage, but a small price to pay?????

Big thanks to the posters for making me aware of this opportunity.

Next jab on 17th Sep.....please no rain!!!

Lucky Bones, I had to be at Central Plaza at 11.00 27th for my AZ vaccine.

I was sent an SMS on the 26th.

Fortunately I left my house near Naklua at 9.15. I like to be early and we were going to have breakfast beforehand.

We took the SUkhumvit Rd and got 200 yards from the Nth Pattaya lights at about 9.30. We then sat there watching the 'riverlike' flooding build up until 10.40.

We eventually got through this flood and went via the Beach Road that was also flooded. Fortunately I have a pick-up and drove through it arriving on the 6th floor at 11am.

BPH did a very well organised and professional job with the set up they had there.

I then took 2 hours getting home on what is usually a 20 minute journey.

Well worth the effort though

edit: I too would like to thank TV and the posters for posting the sites that I could register with. I have no real idea where my appointment came from as I regisered with so many sites (10?) with my registrations, but it was a message from BPH directly.

Edited by dsfbrit

Dsfbrit.

Yup, it was entertaining.

Many locals no doubt thought "stupid drunk farang" as I waded through the water....must get to Central Plaza my only thought

Agree with you...time well spent.

Having 2 jabs of a credible vaccine will hopefully open some doors.

• 2 weeks later...