Retirement with just under 800K

Am currently on a marriage extension, but am fed up with the extra hassle, 2 copies of everything, dragging the missus along to get a new KorRor 22, so If I turn up with bank proof of around 760K and proof I have transferred money from abroad but not on a monthly basis, how do you think they will react.

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

I don't think it is a matter of reaction... if you qualify you will get the visa - if not you won't.

maybe they will grimace.

If making copies qualifies as a burden for you, I think it is going to be quite a burdensome process... 

"If making copies qualifies as a burden for you, I think it is going to be quite a burdensome process... " 

You mean it is a problem for those few copy's to make for ret. ext ...?

I did mine number 9 today:, copy's passport pages and tm7 arrival card  , bank letter = bank  do this for you only let make all the passbook pages at copy center besides immigration (in my case Jomtien ), Copy lease pages , 

That was it , a simple job ..... only  they need 2 months before the full 800 000 to see that you have it on Thai bank 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

That answers my question, thank you Joe.

If anyone wants to loan me 30K for 5 months and save me printing 24 sheets of A4 paper on my printer then please message me.

You didn't mention any dates. Remember that the 800K has to be in the bank a couple/three months prior to your application. The other point in your favour is that it isn't only less work for you, it's less work and much easier the for IO too. Good luck.

15 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

That answers my question, thank you Joe.

If anyone wants to loan me 30K for 5 months and save me printing 24 sheets of A4 paper on my printer then please message me.

I get a local shop to photocopy. Costs 1 baht a page. Gave up owning a printer years ago.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I get a local shop to photocopy. Costs 1 baht a page. Gave up owning a printer years ago.

No complaining price as it is only once a year .... but for 4 pages bank book , the copy center lady  charged me now 20 baht ....~ Covid19 income repair price i guess ????

The other needed copy's i did home already , for  bank-letter i do not trouble myself to go home special ....cost more and loose time .... take it like a small Buddha gift ????????

Edited by david555

17 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

My question was what if I only have around 760K, the paperwork I understand, have done it many times and I can deal with it. The snarky comment I replied to was unneccessary.

With 760k the answer is no if you do it yourself. Thru agent ok. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The would not accept your application since it requires 12 months of transfers to prove the income part of the combination option.

Somewhat related ..... I returned to Thailand, plan to use the 65K baht per month into Thailand option for extension this November, however my December payment had a shortfall of 7K. I realised the error and transferred additional funds 30 Dec but it got caught up in high current  international transfers and public holidays and didn't arrive into my Thai account until 4 January. Transfers have satisfied the 65k requirement since then.

Do you think this will satisfy IO if I bring copies of 7K transfer sent and bank book showing receipt into account 4 January? Any comments appreciated.

Use an agent for a small fee they seem to get around everything I got turned dow last year as the bank took 200 baht out of my account for yearly debit card commission leaving me 165baht 79 setangs short of 800k and it was only out for 12 hours so I think your chances are very slim 

22 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

so If I turn up with bank proof of around 760K and proof I have transferred money from abroad but not on a monthly basis, how do you think they will react.

You will need 800k baht; monthly transfers need to be every month for 12 moth if they accept the combined methods, not all immigration offices might accept it...????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

You will need 800k baht; monthly transfers need to be every month for 12 moth if they accept the combined methods, not all immigration offices might accept it...????

I think the majority of offices are accepting the combination option if you have 12 months of transfers from abroad to show.

Many offices refused them for the first year transfers were allowed since people did not have 12 months of transfers.

• Thanks 1

You will still need multiple photocopies. Retirement extension is only slightly less hassle than marriage extension and, in addition to having a higher financial requirement, there are restrictions on spending the money.

Unless you can easily afford to put 800K aside and not touch it (which does not sound to be the case) you are better off IMO sticking with marriage extension.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

My question was what if I only have around 760K, the paperwork I understand, have done it many times and I can deal with it. The snarky comment I replied to was unneccessary.

I hate all their BS passionately, it's the repetition that triggers my irritation, as you say. But I'm thinking of going across to marriage. I don't like 400K being locked away now forever, and it's all a time sink and a PITA Royale either way.

3 hours ago, thaigrifter said:

So you tell me how they convince immigration that a client has 800,000 in the bank when they clearly don't.

That requirement can be waived by an officer of sufficient rank (and bribability if that's a word).

Edited by treetops

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Re the 800,000 baht requirement, 799,999 baht or less is a fail. No prizes for close, closer or very close.

Yep, a few years back when I didn't realise how weak the pound was, I allowed my bank balance to drop such that over the 3 month period of having a combination of money and transfers I was a few piddly baht short for less than 10 days. 

I was refused.