CCSA to consider limited easing of restaurant dine-in restrictions

Jonathan Fairfield

The restaurant lobby seems to be quite the strong lobbying force here. 

I lean more towards the open'er up side of things, if only to get a feel for how good or bad things could get more quickly.

I do wonder if the public is going to throng to dine-in options until the pandemic abates a bit more, and more are vaccinated?

Next will be the inevitable alcohol consumption during dine-in.

2 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Yes, vaccination passport in France for sports halls, shows, domestic flights, buses, trains, health personnel, most administrations, restaurants and bars.

Some major companies have also incorporated the obligation into their internal regulations.
Much the same in Italy.

Lots of rowdy protests in these 2 countries but a large majority is in favor.

This does not look like a large majority to me:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

The only people at significant risk will be the unvaccinated. It is their choice to go to the restaurant unvaccinated so if they contract Covid while there, to put it bluntly that is their problem. Their life, their choice. 

I am not anti vax and am eagerly awaiting my second shot, hopefully next month. But if people don't wish to be vaccinated that is up to them and they will have to live (or not as the case may be) with the consequences of that decision.

Let individuals decide. I certainly don't want to live in a 'papers please' society with medical apartheid because certain people wish to decide what other people have to put into their bodies.

Could not have said it better myself. I grew up in a time when freedom of choice was a god given right.  Sadly it seems a segment of society still needs to be told what to do and be lemmings unable to make any choices for themselves. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Another half baked scheme.

Most places won't bother because it's been see before that it's uneconomical and they lose money adding injury to insult.

Yeah I feel for these restaurants as they have been totally destroyed economically by these forced shutdowns and will also have to make hard choice:

Either fully open up to all customers so that they can recover - or try and enforce these discriminatory vaccine passport policies and continue to lose money and eventually go bankrupt.

Edited by calbts2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

What does the latest scientific studies regarding plastic screens conclude? 

download.jpeg

I wouldn’t eat anywhere near those plastic screens, I’m sure must be covered in germs from other people eating in front of them, never have and never will

• Like 1