As a vaccinated UK national visiting the UK...

It's not the vaccine type that's your problem, but the fact they'll be administered in Thailand that currently rules all of them out.

Currently only US residents vaccinated in the US, and people vaccinated under the UK or EU programs with approved vaccines get preferential treatment on entry to the UK.

If I were you I'd go for AZ or Pfizer as I reckon there's more chance of them being approved before the Chinese ones, or bite the bullet, go to the UK without vaccination, do the self isolation and get vaccinated in the UK.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume this list would be good enough for entry to the UK.

Even they would not currently count for entry if the vaccinations had been administered under the Thai program.

image.png.47eeed822806de072e04558eb0ee4d6a.png

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#rules-if-youre-fully-vaccinated

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Even they would not currently count for entry if the vaccinations had been administered under the Thai program.

image.png.47eeed822806de072e04558eb0ee4d6a.png

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#rules-if-youre-fully-vaccinated

That doesn't mean you can't visit the UK though... it just means you'd need to quarantine if not vaccinated under that programme... which is annoying.

• Like 2

Yeah,

It's all irrelevant now and means full quarantine at 2300 GBP (ar thereabouts) just for hotel as Thailand has made the list of RED countries.

We knew it was going to happen.

Unless absolutely imperative, who wants to do that and then have sandbox on the way back, if it's still up and running then.

It's sad, because just as Thailand's vaccine campaign gets underway,they hit the RED list, whilst all the time with rising infections, (which we all knew about), you could travel on the easier Amber list.

• Like 1

I believe the reasoning behind the decision to move Thailand to the UK Red list is due to the slow vaccine program. Surely if someone has had the 2 jabs (other criteria acceptable) then it shouldn't matter what other percentage of the population of a country has not had jabs.

If this is such a critical measure then shouldn't a country that has 100% vaccination of its population be the only ones not on the red list?

2 hours ago, DaLa said:

I believe the reasoning behind the decision to move Thailand to the UK Red list is due to the slow vaccine program. Surely if someone has had the 2 jabs (other criteria acceptable) then it shouldn't matter what other percentage of the population of a country has not had jabs.

If this is such a critical measure then shouldn't a country that has 100% vaccination of its population be the only ones not on the red list?

Its not due to slow vaccination,its due to the number of cases and deaths.

• Thanks 1

The UK Embassy and British Ambassador have stated that they fully trust the Thai System for the vaccination of UK Citizens. When I return to the UK after recieving my vaccintions I have absolutely no intention of undergoing any home or hotel quarantine, as long as I have full vaccination with a vaccine type endorsed by the UK Government. I will have been vaccinated according to the guidance given by the British Embassy in Thailand and if the British Government had wanted any further regulations followed then they should have taken a more active interest in their citizens vaccination process.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Alidiver said:

It's not up to you. Red list you HAVE to have quarantine hotel booking, Amber List, they send someone to check on you.

Yes, and you have to pay in advance.  Given the size of the fines being issued to other would be dodgers, it could be a very costly decision.

As regards sending someone to check on you for Amber List entrants. My wife arrived in July and was called every day for a week. We were told that someone would visit but nobody did.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Incredible . Vaccinated Oxford Astra Zeneca supervising Siam Bio and tested and still subjected to 14 days Hotel quarantine ? 

Not about your vaccine now, it's about your geographical location and that is Thailand which is now RED listed unfortunately.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes, and you have to pay in advance.  Given the size of the fines being issued to other would be dodgers, it could be a very costly decision.

As regards sending someone to check on you for Amber List entrants. My wife arrived in July and was called every day for a week. We were told that someone would visit but nobody did.

I've given up on the idea and the RED list just tipped me over the edge.

A business ticket at 1600 GBP, 2300 for quarantine hotel, covid tests on top then the whole thing again coming back to Bangkok at 45,000 baht or Sandbox at 50,000 baht plus testing!

It just is not worth it and 4 weeks quarantine for a two week trip is nonsense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I've given up on the idea and the RED list just tipped me over the edge.

A business ticket at 1600 GBP, 2300 for quarantine hotel, covid tests on top then the whole thing again coming back to Bangkok at 45,000 baht or Sandbox at 50,000 baht plus testing!

It just is not worth it and 4 weeks quarantine for a two week trip is nonsense.

Can I ask what airline/route/return right, the busienss ticket is for £1600..? That in itself seems quite reasonable.......

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bojo said:

Can I ask what airline/route/return right, the busienss ticket is for £1600..? That in itself seems quite reasonable.......

Bangkok-Manchester, some business flights are 60,000 baht with Etihad, that is around 1350 GBP, Qatar is around 65-70,000 THB

Finnair was cheapest but had luggage restrictions even in business class, so adding them back into the equation, they weren't the cheapest.

Yes, return flights. Good flying times too.

Here:-

https://www.momondo.com/flight-search/BKK-MAN/2021-10-10/2021-10-30/business?sort=bestflight_a

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Well, good luck with that. It's not that I don't feel just the same, but they are likely to hit you with a fine. As best I understand it, you have to submit the Passenger Locator Form before you travel, and coming from Thailand you'll have to declare a quarantine hotel booking. If you don't turn up or abscond after a couple of days. they're bound to know, and whilst you may evade them for the length of your stay you effectively become a fugitive.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm currently self quarantining in a UK hotel. Whilst here I've had an SMS from GOV.UK and a phone call from NHS Track and Trace warning me I will get prosecuted if I break the rules. Plus a threat of a personal visit to check on me.

• Like 1

If you still have a UK GP, and you had a vaccine they recognise, you can ask your GP to add it to your UK NHS records, and then you will be in the UK system as vaccinated. Not that it helps at the moment.

Aside from low vaccination levels and high infection levels, Thailand also went red because of the lack of variant sequencing. Quarantine is mainly intended to stop new variants being introduced. Thailand does so little sequencing, they can't say if there are new variants here or not. Until they get a handle on that, it's likely to stay red, unless they can get the infection levels right down.

Mate of mine has been in the Phillipines for the last 6 months and as Thailand is now they are on the red list too. He decided to go to Dubai for 12 days so he can fly in to the UK without paying the £2,300 hotel quarantine bill. So, find a cheap hotel in Dubai and follow suit. ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithcresswell said:

I'm currently self quarantining in a UK hotel. Whilst here I've had an SMS from GOV.UK and a phone call from NHS Track and Trace warning me I will get prosecuted if I break the rules. Plus a threat of a personal visit to check on me.

"and a phone call from NHS Track and Trace warning me I will get prosecuted if I break the rules."

That is a threat, imagine some member of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade getting that phone call ????

I would not accept a threat like that from anybody, I would just tell them to get lost and hang up on them.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, misterphil said:

Mate of mine has been in the Phillipines for the last 6 months and as Thailand is now they are on the red list too. He decided to go to Dubai for 12 days so he can fly in to the UK without paying the £2,300 hotel quarantine bill. So, find a cheap hotel in Dubai and follow suit. ????

Even if he's been in Dubai, will he still have to do hotel quarantine if his vaccine wasn't done in the UK / Europe / US?

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, that’s a good option 

vaccinated with one of the approved vaccines in either the UK, Europe or the US, not Thailand, if in Thailand still do your quarantine in the UK, as by the rules you will be classed as not vaccinated

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What about going to Dubai for few days first? 

If you are vaccinated coming from Dubai can do home quarantine?

If you arrive in Dubai from Thailand you'll have to stay 10 days before heading for the UK.  As UAE is on the amber list it's home quarantine unless vaccinated in the UK, US or EU in which case there's no quarantine on arrival.