Chinese man named in surrogacy warrant arrested at airport trying to take little boy out of Thailand

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture Naew Na

Thailand's Immigration Bureau led by Pol Col Sompong Chingduang gave details of the arrest of a Chinese man at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Immigration police discovered that Mr A was named in a warrant for breaking surrogacy laws. 

He was trying to leave the country with a boy who had been born in Thailand. The boy is aged 1 year and 2 months, reported Naew Na

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1

Just ready this is wierd.

Chinese man leaving with a toddler.

Whats going on?

Human trafficking.

I wouldn't be able to leave the country with my own children without the mothers authorized paperwork.

Very odd.  You need inside help at the airport security.

Good somebody caught them.

Now the kid can grow up working menial jobs all his life here.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Thailand really should think of llegalizing voluntary surrogacy, I mean some western countries do allow it. 

It will make a lot of parents happy who can't conceive through the normal way.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Whats going on?

Human trafficking.

It's not human trafficking. The man is the father of the child who is born through a borrowed womb from a Thai woman 

There are many reasons why people rent other people's womb/ovaries to get children.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Whats going on?

Human trafficking.

I wouldn't be able to leave the country with my own children without the mothers authorized paperwork.

No you don’t....  I’ve flown out twice with just my Son and I, when he was 3 and again when he was 5. 

Not so much as a ‘blink’ from immigration. 

That said, others have reported that they have been questioned by immigration when they wish to leave with a child without the mother present, in such cases a phone call to the mother sufficed. 

Its not trafficking, Its surrogacy and is big business in Thailand. 

Paid surrogacy is illegal in many countries, particularly China. Lots of Chinese couples unable to conceive come over to Thailand for surrogacy. 

A couple of high profile *cases shone the international spotlight on Thailand surrogacy, Thailand was forced to save face and announce a ban. 

Nothing changed, the owners of the Fertility hospitals are too wealthy, powerful and connected.

*High Profile cases: 

- Baby Carmen: Gay Parents hired a surrogate mother - mother refused to give up child. Ultimately the couple won custody. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/747913-australian-couple-abandon-down-syndrome-baby-with-thai-surrogate-mother/

-------

Of course, this could still be a form of trafficking - ‘A Thai surrogate is paid and an ‘agent’ takes the baby to China for parents who have ‘paid for a baby’.

Where there is desperation and poverty, a lot of people will do unspeakable things. In this case it is not wholly inconceivable that there is a long line of poor Thai girls who are paid to be inseminated with a couple's Blastocyst Egg and takes the baby to full term, the baby is then transferred to the couple. 

This of course is illegal - as with everything illegal in Thailand, if money can be made, trade is roaring. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Whats going on?

Human trafficking.

Dont know why you had a problem or think you would, i left country loads of times with my young kids and they aint even got a UK passport

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

paid to be inseminated with a couple's Blastocyst Egg and takes the baby to full term, the baby is then transferred to the couple. 

This of course is illegal - as with everything illegal in Thailand, if money can be made, trade is roaring. 

Why should it be illegal? It's common in many parts of the world. I know it is illegal in Thailand, but why "of course"? What's the problem being solved by preventing it?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Those police vinyl boards seem to be getting bigger all the time.....good to see they've got their priorities in order.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder who owns the printing company.

I wonder if they are electronic on some sort of big screen display?

4pm.jpg

1pm.jpg

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

It's not human trafficking. The man is the father of the child who is born through a borrowed womb from a Thai woman 

There are many reasons why people rent other people's womb/ovaries to get children.

Now there's many reasons not to.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

Dont know why you had a problem or think you would, i left country loads of times with my young kids and they aint even got a UK passport

You can't without the mother's consent.

Anyway he got caught.  Kid probably had a better future in China.

15 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

The surrogate mother is not the legal mother, she isn't the biological mother too.

As long as the biological father brings him out, it should be legal.

Edited by EricTh

Surrogacy is very interesting for men who want kids but don't want a woman to have a gun to their heads.

Other people probably get through the airport by paying the surrogate to go with them to the destination country and then return to Thailand.

Of course, there is the risk that the surrogate will blackmail you over child custody.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

You can, iv just told you iv done it many times lol. What a bizzare statement.to.make after somebody told you they had no problems!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker66 said:

Surrogacy is very interesting for men who want kids but don't want a woman to have a gun to their heads.

Other people probably get through the airport by paying the surrogate to go with them to the destination country and then return to Thailand.

Of course, there is the risk that the surrogate will blackmail you over child custody.

Yes,  I heard that looking for a girl and marrying one in China is terribly expensive unlike western countries. 

Surrogacy is a means of having a baby without getting married.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Yes,  I heard that looking for a girl and marrying one in China is terribly expensive unlike western countries. 

Surrogacy is a means of having a baby without getting married.

In western countries women take your kids and take all your <deleted> if you marry them. Surrogacy is becoming interesting for western men too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The surrogate mother is not the legal mother, she isn't the biological mother too.

As long as the biological father brings him out, it should be legal.

I just saw this on Google:

"Today, surrogacy in Thailand is illegal for international intended parents. ... The only people who can complete surrogacy in Thailand today are married heterosexual Thai couples"

https://surrogate.com/intended-parents/international-surrogacy/surrogacy-in-thailand/

I remember some big deal a few years ago about a Chinese guy surrogating like 40 babies in one go, I imagine a few weeks.

Anyway case closed.

No more kids for me, two is enough!

stay safe!

I remember some big deal a few years ago about a Chinese guy surrogating like 40 babies in one go, I imagine a few weeks.

I think it was a rich Japanese instead of Chinese. Just because there is one bad example, we shouldn't punish everyone, right?

If somebody wants to have one to two children out of surrogacy, I don't see any problem with that.

There are some people who can't even have one child through the normal way, whether you believe or not due to many reasons.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Why would a single male want a baby??

As for couples that can't make one themselves there are plenty of children and babies that need adopting or fostering. 

Due to many reasons like can't find a suitable girl to marry, most couples prefer to have their own biological children instead of adopting others.

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

I think it was a rich Japanese instead of Chinese. Just because there is one bad example, we shouldn't punish everyone, right?

If somebody wants to have one to two children out of surrogacy, I don't see any problem with that.

There are some people who can't even have one child through the normal way, whether you believe or not due to many reasons.

Certain conditions should be set for legal surrogacy like the parent is sincere in having a few children.

It's not up to me.

Your have to contact the Thai government.  There the ones who inacted the law.

26 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Why would a single male want a baby??

As for couples that can't make one themselves there are plenty of children and babies that need adopting or fostering. 

My thoughts also.

Its hard enough raising our kids despite my wife doing 90% of the hard work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No you don’t....  I’ve flown out twice with just my Son and I, when he was 3 and again when he was 5. 

Not so much as a ‘blink’ from immigration. 

That said, others have reported that they have been questioned by immigration when they wish to leave with a child without the mother present, in such cases a phone call to the mother sufficed. 

Its not trafficking, Its surrogacy and is big business in Thailand. 

Paid surrogacy is illegal in many countries, particularly China. Lots of Chinese couples unable to conceive come over to Thailand for surrogacy. 

A couple of high profile *cases shone the international spotlight on Thailand surrogacy, Thailand was forced to save face and announce a ban. 

Nothing changed, the owners of the Fertility hospitals are too wealthy, powerful and connected.

*High Profile cases: 

- Baby Carmen: Gay Parents hired a surrogate mother - mother refused to give up child. Ultimately the couple won custody. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/747913-australian-couple-abandon-down-syndrome-baby-with-thai-surrogate-mother/

-------

Of course, this could still be a form of trafficking - ‘A Thai surrogate is paid and an ‘agent’ takes the baby to China for parents who have ‘paid for a baby’.

Where there is desperation and poverty, a lot of people will do unspeakable things. In this case it is not wholly inconceivable that there is a long line of poor Thai girls who are paid to be inseminated with a couple's Blastocyst Egg and takes the baby to full term, the baby is then transferred to the couple. 

My reaction is  sad because the question of legality becomes so selective in terms of the interest of the child overall. The world has orphanages crammed  with children that fill faster than permitted adoptions. Yet inept people are allowed to proliferate and  too often abuse their own with minimal intervention too often. The question as to ethics  versus legality versus criminal intent is complex and as too often usual involves financial opportunism as a result. As a further result such "progeny" end up in institutional "care" also subject to dubious outcome.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker66 said:

In western countries women take your kids and take all your <deleted> if you marry them. Surrogacy is becoming interesting for western men too.

I don't doubt it. Elton John had a surrogate child with his boyfriend.

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

An increasing problem which science tries to explain away in genetic  terms that ignores human self poisoning via  the food chain .