Dining-in Proposed for Eateries

snoop1130

doc-e1629969726314.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 26 (TNA) – The Ministry of Public Health will tomorrow ask the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration to allow dining-in at eateries which will be able to use up to 50% of their seats to welcome customers until 8pm.

Dr. Kiatiphum Wongrajit, permanent secretary for public health, told a press conference that lockdown measures had been imposed for four weeks and proved to reduce daily COVID-19 infections by 20-25% and make the country be past its infection peak.

Therefore, the ministry will propose eased controls for air-conditioned eateries, public parks and air transport.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-766505

tnalogo.jpg
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Untrue mate. I have just today downloaded the Mor Phrom app.......and it works flawlessly. Once registered etc, just tap the app and your vaccination data is there, under your name (whether farang or Thai).

I take it you have a pink ID, correct?

3 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Untrue mate. I have just today downloaded the Mor Phrom app.......and it works flawlessly. Once registered etc, just tap the app and your vaccination data is there, under your name (whether farang or Thai).

I wonder if those fully vaccinated overseas will be able get their details on the Thai App. 

IF this is the way things are going we may not be able to go to restaurants without showing QR code, other countries are doing this.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder if those fully vaccinated overseas will be able get their details on the Thai App. 

IF this is the way things are going we may not be able to go to restaurants without showing QR code, other countries are doing this.

I can't imagine you could do this retrospectively even for vaccinations carried out in Thailand and you would need a pink ID even if you could, but maybe you  already have one.

2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

You can register without the Thai ID or pink card now. There should be a 13 digit ID number starting 600 on your certificate. If you have a Tax ID, it should be your tax ID number. If you don't (or if the vax clinic didn't have it for some reason), they should have allocated you a number. You need that number and a Thai phone number (to receive the code). Then you can login, and it will have your vaccination record and your certificate.

Thanks. Just managed to do it with treetops advice, worked like a dream.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If this relies on a Thai app no one will be eating out.

Well, certainly no-one who isn't a proud possessor of a suitable smartphone on to which to download said whizzo app would probably be allowed to eat out, it seems to me!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, treetops said:

Use the "ID Card Number" on the paper vaccination record and you'll be able to register on the Mor Phrom App.

What if you don't have a suitable smartphone on to which to download said whizzo app?????

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was wondering too. I got the NHS app and when I eventually come visit will they accept this 

14 minutes ago, OJAS said:

What if you don't have a suitable smartphone on to which to download said whizzo app?????

Maybe you can take your paper vaccination certificate with you instead. 

(Cue a USA-style roaring trade in fake vaccination certificates.)

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Show the paper copy.  The app accesses the same information on the MOPH website just in a more user friendly (for most) manner .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Maybe you can take your paper vaccination certificate with you instead. 

(Cue a USA-style roaring trade in fake vaccination certificates.)

The venue could scan the QR code on the paper copy to match it up with some other ID.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I take it you have a pink ID, correct?

Yes but you don't need it, or your passport info for the app.

Just your vaccination code from the paper given to you.

All the your data is on record and the app links to that.

Actually I am very impressed with it.

I will be nice and add the procedure for you.. thank u.

Sorry about the order..start at Part #1 and good luck.

E9ixWH1UYAIV9ai.jpg

E9ixWGXUUAUqLCp.jpg

E9ixWFlVcAkxPNQ.jpg

E9ixWFlVcAUbKMW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

See my above post on the app..answers your question.

I didn't have a question.

Scanning the QR code on the paper takes you to the same information on the MOPH website as displayed by the app.  A possible alternative for the poster without a smart phone.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Yes but you don't need it, or your passport info for the app.

Just your vaccination code from the paper given to you.

All the your data is on record and the app links to that.

Actually I am very impressed with it.

I will be nice and add the procedure for you.. thank u.

Sorry about the order..start at Part #1 and good luck.

E9ixWH1UYAIV9ai.jpg

E9ixWGXUUAUqLCp.jpg

E9ixWFlVcAkxPNQ.jpg

E9ixWFlVcAUbKMW.jpg

Brill thanks.....managed to do all of that, worked perfectly

Health Min to propose that CCSA relaxes restrictions

By Praphorn Praphornkul

e0a91e2f839bb6cb6181ede47f728d58_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health is to propose the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) relax restrictions on some businesses using the COVID Free Program in conjunction with other health and safety measures.

Permanent Secretary of Public Health, Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit announced today that 18,501 new infections of COVID-19 were recorded on August 25, 2021 with 20,606 people leaving hospital and 229 deaths. He stated that the figures indicate stringent restrictions over the past four weeks were successful at cutting infections by 20-25 percent but conceded that fatalities among individuals over 60, and sufferers of chronic illnesses remain high, marking a need to step up vaccination of these groups.

Nonetheless, the permanent secretary stated Thailand has possibly passed the peak of infections and may see a gradual improvement from now onwards. He asked citizens to continue to follow precautions and avoid risky activities.

The ministry is to propose the CCSA allow low-risk businesses to return to limited operation at its meeting tomorrow (August 27). Suggested activities will include dining in restaurants, outdoor sports and interprovincial travel, in particular by air. The COVID Free Program is to be used to manage infection numbers by requiring businesses to maintain social distancing and ventilation, that staff be immunized against the virus or have tested negative using an Antigen Test Kit and that customers present documentation proving their immunity or health. Customers unable to show such confirmation will only be allowed to place take away orders. Universal Prevention measures must also be maintained.

Dr. Kiattiphum noted the measures will only be proposed with their details or approval, dependent on the CCSA. Implementation of any new measures will be closely followed and adjusted as needed. He asked that all people closely follow orders to avoid a return to closures.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1