PEA App Not Working

Dazinoz

I have used the PEA app to pay my electricity account for some time now. Today I opened and got the following message (screen cap). I entered my old passport number and phone number, error message. I tried my new passport number and phone number and I received an error message saying phone regifted to user 12xxxxxxxxxx45 which is the Thai ID number I used.

Anyone receive same screen and how did you solve it?

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 12.23.06 pm.png

Edited by Dazinoz

Used the app perfectly last week to pay bill. Now I am getting a message to update the app, but when I click on it in Playstore get 'not available in your country'. This happened a while back and someone showed me how to 'side load' the app from an APK file.

But that will take me longer than doing a bank transfer via Bkk Bank.

The folks at PEA had no idea what was going on.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Used the app perfectly last week to pay bill. Now I am getting a message to update the app, but when I click on it in Playstore get 'not available in your country'. This happened a while back and someone showed me how to 'side load' the app from an APK file. The folks at PEA had no idea what was going on.

I just deleted the app and downloaded the new app but still the same. Funny thing is I am in the Australian app stored and it allowed me to download. I also have the Thai app store account for situations like yours.

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Opened it just now, straight to the account, no issues and no login required.

Use the Thai Id in the passport field.

Ok, thanks. I just tried that and did get further but get an "Exception:Failed to connect to data" error. Maybe site down. I will try later.

14 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I just deleted the app and downloaded the new app but still the same. Funny thing is I am in the Australian app stored and it allowed me to download. I also have the Thai app store account for situations like yours.

PEA Smart (Plus) is not even showing in Thai or UK Playstore, as in a previous occurrence several months ago.

Easier to just pay the bill via Bkk Bank site.

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How? I just tried to look but cant find PEA and I scanned the 3 barcodes and 1 QR code on the bill but none work.

5 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

How? I just tried to look but cant find PEA and I scanned the 3 barcodes and 1 QR code on the bill but none work.

Yes, I just went into my Bkk Bank on PC and see that the Provincial Electricity payee is closed. 

Looks like they want us to use the unobtainable app. TIT.

Luckily for me, the PEA Office is only 20 minutes away, and there is a very pretty girl on the counter there.

You can of course, take your lekky bill to 7-11.

Edited by KannikaP

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You can of course, take your lekky bill to 7-11.

Yes of course but why should I have to when Thailand 4.0 is so advanced. I think should be 0.40. Just get annoyed so many "tools" they provide don't work. 

It's happened to me a few times (or it's just forgotten my bill details), just re-enter the original data you used and everything will should might come back.

Note that my version doesn't do passport numbers only Thai ID numbers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

PEA Smart (Plus) is not even showing in Thai or UK Playstore, as in a previous occurrence several months ago.

I have the .apk if anyone wants it please PM me.

• Thanks 1

My main bank is BKK but I opened an SCB account some years ago, purely for paying bills. SCB enables payment for all utilities/internet/phone bills via the home screen with just the one SCB EASY app. Each month as the bills are due I just transfer the total amount required into the account .. no charges. Works for me

• Like 1

I just used it an hour ago and paid three different electricity accounts without issue.

The system changed a few months ago when I could pay directly from the App.

Now I have to open the PEA App and save a screenshot of the accounts then open my SCB account and copy them into the utilities section where payment can be completed.

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Opened it just now, straight to the account, no issues and no login required.

Use the Thai Id in the passport field.

Installed on my phone from apk, but could not register. Installed it on my PC via Bluestacks, PEA account number to register. All good.

I only use it once a month to pay the bill anyway.

At the moment it works.

Paid bill a few days ago.

And I am quite certain it was directly through internet banking (Bangkok Bank).

It would not be first time that PEA app is timing out.

PEA Smart Plus is found in the Playstore.

Edited by KhunBENQ