Lawyer who leaked Joe Ferrari tape sued for defamation

webfact

And while this bun fight carries on, what about the junior police officer who  filmed, and gave away the    scene..... Poor sod,   he will disappear I  think, unknown and unreported.   But never mind,   Skinny Joe  forgave him.

23 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

And while this bun fight carries on, what about the junior police officer who  filmed, and gave away the    scene..... Poor sod,   he will disappear I  think, unknown and unreported.   But never mind,   Skinny Joe  forgave him.

The guy that arranged the videoing has a bigger problem than the patsy set-up to do it considering there is more than Joe gunning for him. 

14 hours ago, GarryP said:

But in the UK it would be a civil case, whereas in Thailand defamation is a criminal case with penalties including up to 2 years imprisonment. It is for this very reason (including that truth is not a defense against defamation) that defamation charges are used to silence opponents, e.g. the human rights people who reveal information about terrible treatment of workers by certain companies. Defamation charges should be civil only and not prevent people from revealing the truth no matter how distasteful to some. 

I realize that many other countries' defamation statutes are criminal law based too, but are they weaponized like they are in Thailand?       

Some good points there. Didn't realise the difference between UK and Thailand so thanks for the information.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Obviously the ability to pay for all this is a contributory factor, but isn't that the same the world over?

Not to the extent that it is here.  "Boss" for example? 

The biggest problem to solve here is this, was the RTP ever a service to the country or has it always been a business? The military is the same its a business that's why there are so many, ( about 1400 ) at the rank of General, Admiral or Air Marshall. I would have no idea how it could be curtailed if there was a will to do so, those who chose it as a career path certainly wont, its so engrained in the culture and way of life it would take a monumental effort from someone not involved to cause a change and it would fought all the way.