Lawyer who leaked Joe Ferrari tape sued for defamation

webfact

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand certainly has a strange system of what's right and what's wrong.

This lawyer should be given Thailands highest award for bravery.

He will be,(not). He will become either a pedestrian or traffic accident, or scuba diving and his tank will run out,  give it two weeks until the press find some other titbit to amuse themselves with

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nip said:

That's very fn harsh on the Muppets. You could be sued for defication. 

If they ever sued for that, we'd all be in the <deleted>!!

Oh sorry, I read an 'e' instead of an 'i' in the middle of that last word.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I have a feeling it will be different this time, this video evidence will be famous throughout the entire world.

Everyone will know what they're all about now.

Dream on. Everyone has known for decades, it hasn't made any difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think that the car manufacture Ferrari cars and luxury items should sue Joe for using their trademark name... 

sue him for defamation, too: This is a Thai standard procedure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sued for defamation? What? Mr. Joe was pretty good at making himself look bad. No chance that telling the truth can be a case of defamation. If they do that they will only dig a deeper hole for the force. And, I believe it´s deep and ugly enough already.

Google Thai Criminal Code, sections 326 and 330 Defamation. 

Why do you think people do not want to publish too much. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, rott said:

Google Thai Criminal Code, sections 326 and 330 Defamation. 

Why do you think people do not want to publish too much. 

Really? You are not very good at read and understand, right? I have read that law long time ago and many times. In this case the only section you will have to take into consideration is Section 330, that regards if the statement, or in this case material, is true or false.

Anyway, maybe you are out of the opinion that the video is false, private or does not have a public interest? At least it sounds like that reading you quote. Very sad if that is the situation.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not see how defamation can apply in this case but maybe the law here is different.  There was no libel or slander or comments just a video which people can come to their own conclusion.

Falsity - Defamation law will only consider statements defamatory if they are, in fact, false. A true statement is not considered defamation. Additionally, because of their nature, statements of opinion are not considered false because they are subjective to the speaker.

I don't think you have seen the Thai definition of "defamation" yet.

24 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Really? You are not very good at read and understand, right? I have read that law long time ago and many times. In this case the only section you will have to take into consideration is Section 330, that regards if the statement, or in this case material, is true or false.

Anyway, maybe you are out of the opinion that the video is false, private or does not have a public interest? At least it sounds like that reading you quote. Very sad if that is the situation.

Section 326 states that one person may not impute to another anything that may impair his reputation. 

Do you understand the basis of the legal claim here.?

It appears to be a pity that your brain is not as sharp as your mouth. 

• Like 2