Lawyer who leaked Joe Ferrari tape sued for defamation

webfact

2 hours ago, nausea said:

bringing a case of defamation is not the wisest move, just publicising the allegation even further, but I suppose it's a face thing.

Has the (alleged) allegation actually been published anywhere, I have not seen it mentioned anywhere but here and not many seem to know of it. 

Lawyer who leaked Joe Ferrari tape sued for defamation.

How can this be Defamation? The Tape is Real and The crime committed is on the Tape.  

Does that Lawyer   Really Knows what Defamation means? Obviously not. 

Not much of a Lawyer than isn't he . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This legal opinion is a joke.

1. Is Decha Kittiwitthayanun the lawyer from Jo Ferrari? If not, why is he trying to protect the "good reputation" of the plastic bag killer?

2. How can you defame someone who murdered someone? Jo Ferrari doesn't even deny the murder.

3. Jo Ferrari alone ruined his reputation as a "good person" by killing a person.

Maybe the lawyer should be prosecuted. As it reads here, he has apparently withheld evidence of murder. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Lawyer who leaked Joe Ferrari tape sued for defamation.

How can this be Defamation? The Tape is Real and The crime committed is on the Tape.  

Does that Lawyer   Really Knows what Defamation means? Obviously not. 

Not much of a Lawyer than isn't he . 

Please read the article. He is suing for defamation because the other lawyer accused him of attempted blackmail. It's nothing to do with the tape.

“I have filed a complaint to prosecute Mr Sittha for defamation and violation of the Computer Crime Act after he accused me of trying to blackmail the former chief of police at Muang Nakhon Sawan police station,” he said.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have more faith than me. When a fella from a prominent family kills a police sergeant in front of 30 plus witnesses, goes on the run, all witnesses withdraw their statement and he gets off with it. Then ends up as a government minister. No it is not a Holywood comedy but what happened here.

I hope you are right but I have serious doubt.

Was that guys father not a famous politician on the Thaksin side. Charlem if i recall. 

• Like 1

Hmm… let me try to make some common sense out of this….

So a guy releases a video of a killing and he is in the wrong for making the murderer and police force “lose face”. 

It does not make sense!

Ohh wait it’s happening in Thailand, where you can kill, lie and steal as long as you do not get caught in the act and publicly “lose face”. Now it makes sense!

What a <deleted> up way of thinking!

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I didn't want to mention it in case I get sued for defamation.????????.

I was not 100% sure been a while but just what i recall. But yes great example of how the law does not apply to those with power.

But in this case there is video evidence. It might even be negligent not to press charges. This will be hard to brush away. But like you said not impossible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

No, for selling the video ahead of his rival lawyer.

I was waiting for how long this would continue without people understanding the full article. It will probably continue for another 10 pages. 

He should be given a medal rofl. He's as crooked as Joe Himself.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have more faith than me. When a fella from a prominent family kills a police sergeant in front of 30 plus witnesses, goes on the run, all witnesses withdraw their statement and he gets off with it. Then ends up as a government minister. No it is not a Holywood comedy but what happened here.

I hope you are right but I have serious doubt.

I don't think Boss is (yet) a government minister, but it's only August 2021.

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't think they care.

They will use the rotten to the core system, with it's manifestly ludicrously unjust laws such as those pertaining to "defamation", a system which has been entirely manipulated by a deeply corrupted ruling class, to make it go away.

Their horizons only extend beyond the country in as much as the rest of the world provides a place to stache their obscene looted wealth. Public opinion here does not equate to money, so they ignore it. Opinion in the outside world does not equate to money, so they ignore it.

Thailand has, in theory, all the institutions and agencies of a developed, democratic state which can serve it's people fairly. In practice the poison of corruption and desire for power, not for any form of public service, but to facilitate self promotion and access to ever more corrupt practices, has infected and perverted just about every organ of the state.

They know it, they know their population know it, they know the outside world know it, they don't care.

I think stashing illicit wealth overseas is quite difficult now. Well, you can do it in Laos, or Cambodia, or in gold bars, (or maybe bitcoin), but if you want to use it in a legit business in an OECD country, you'd have a lot of questions to answer, (with proof of honesty).

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not see how defamation can apply in this case but maybe the law here is different.  There was no libel or slander or comments just a video which people can come to their own conclusion.

Falsity - Defamation law will only consider statements defamatory if they are, in fact, false. A true statement is not considered defamation. Additionally, because of their nature, statements of opinion are not considered false because they are subjective to the speaker.

My understanding ism the law here IS different. A statement is defamatory if it causes the plaintiff a loss of face. Whether or not the statement is true is totally irrelevant.

As in all cases here, who pays, wins.

• Like 2

I am surprised, that any court would accept such a claim. Based on what is that lawyer sued?

It confirms though the correct action of the junior police officer to pass on the clip through a legal competent source; the honest officer otherwise would be toast, suicided or simply disappearing at the banks of the Mekong, Ping or any other river flowing through the Kingdom. 

The world is watching just to find out, if Thailand finally comes clean and out of the corrupt doldrums - I fear not though. Another Red Bull episode is in the making! 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, mrfill said:

I guess the suing lawyer is upset as he was still waiting to hear how much money the news agencies would pay for the story.

That is almost right...but I suspect it was not the news agencies he was waiting but rather others that might be willing to pay to suppress it.  He only cries for the lost millions of baht.

Edited by Silencer

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Dangerous territory. Mr Decha cannot let the accusation pass and must defend his reputation against asking for a bribe. On the other hand, if Mr Sittha has evidence, the case could well backfire.

Surely it was a Work Health Safety accident?

He was merely demonstrating interrogation techniques, also what the possible effects of placing bags over a suspects head could be, demonstrating this technique should not be used.

The video will now be part of Professional Standards Training (Advanced Techniques)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rott said:

Has the (alleged) allegation actually been published anywhere, I have not seen it mentioned anywhere but here and not many seem to know of it. 

Has certainly been on BBC (UK) and ABC News online (Aust)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sued for defamation? What? Mr. Joe was pretty good at making himself look bad. No chance that telling the truth can be a case of defamation. If they do that they will only dig a deeper hole for the force. And, I believe it´s deep and ugly enough already.

Best to read the full article

• Like 1