KFC Thailand Is Now Serving ‘Meat Zero’ Vegan Fried Chicken

webfact

On 8/27/2021 at 7:41 PM, Misterwhisper said:

With all due respect, I have never really understood why vegans would want to eat "imitation meat". It seems so hypocritical to me.

If you are a meat eater, go for a juicy piece of chicken thigh (plus a healthy serving of veggies, of course).

If you are vegetarian or vegan, stick to the literally thousands of very tasty vegetable and fruit options. Why would a person who eschews (even abhors) cooked meat want to eat anything that actually resembles the texture, taste and even shape of a meat dish? I just don't get it.

Even as a meat lover, I frequently eat vegetarian.  

Agreed on all points.   Makes as much sense as making our fried chicken resemble broccoli so the experience would be like eating a vegetable. 

If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 35 - YouTube

• Like 1

I say this comment with "Peace and Love"....for God's sake, stop eating America garbage fast food,,,,meatless is a farce,,,,,look at the Sodium content of those "Plant Based" products.

Stop eating McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc.  Do you want Type II Diabetes?  Do you want an Obesity  crisis?  Heart Problems?  Hypertension?  Then keep eating the garbage that has destroyed Americans for the past 80 years.

Please.  

Do humans need meat?

No! There is no nutritional need for humans to eat any animal products; all of our dietary needs, even as infants and children, are best supplied by an animal-free diet. ... The consumption of animal products has been conclusively linked to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and osteo

I am a meat eater
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:
Do humans need meat?

No! There is no nutritional need for humans to eat any animal products; all of our dietary needs, even as infants and children, are best supplied by an animal-free diet. ... The consumption of animal products has been conclusively linked to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and osteo

I am a meat eater

To ad this

Is plant-based healthier than meat?

Plant-based meats are healthier than regular meat as they're lower in saturated fat and calories. Ingredients in plant-based meats include coconut oil, vegetable protein extract, and beet juice. Visit Insider's Health Reference library for more advice.
  • Like 2

Why is beef so bad for the environment?

Beef production is particularly harmful to the planet; it requires 160 times more land and produces 11 times more greenhouse gases than staple plant-based foods such as potatoes, wheat, and rice. For every kilogram of beef produced, the equivalent of 36 kilograms of CO2 is released into the atmosphere.
  • Like 2

If you have a salt restricted diet, do not eat any of the veggie meats.

Instead go to a local super market that has burgers, hot dogs, etc. , that are made

of veggies, and read the content labels. You may be a bit shocked. Sodium and salt are the

same stuff, but yes I had an argument with some lady until I googled it and showed her.

That also includes the stuff at A & W.

Geezer

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

Where are you getting these from? Brand?

Tesco has a meatless burger with bun for like 35 baht. The TG gives it to me with cheese and vegies and the BBQ sauce it comes with. I think they'll make it for you in the store. Then there is meatless subs for burgers in many places now. Villa Market in Phuket and Big C both have various offerings

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, redwood1 said:

Meat Zero.......And the ingredients are???

It seems its very hard to find info on Meat Zero.....

Come on if its great stuff why not tell the ingredients ? My 3 minute search turned up almost nothing....

"Meat Zero is..............people".    ????

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 4:33 AM, ignis said:
On 8/28/2021 at 4:25 AM, SooKee said:

I watch the news daily for an announcement that they have created chicken flavour carrots, beef flavoured broccoli and lamb flavoured potatoes.  I enjoying eating but these bloody vegetables get tiresome ????  

I think chicken flavoured KFC will be a long way off though, even when they use chicken.

Getting more dog food sounding,,,,,,,,,,,,  last time I had anything from them a friend bought, it was a BLACK Bun, well my dogs appeared to enjoy it.

Gawd I remember those black bun things at KFC .. tried one couldn't finish it.. absolute gross!

On 8/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, Stubby said:

Hold on a cotton-picking minute. Human breast milk is a dairy item, is it not? Dairy refers to any products made from the milk of mammals, and humans are mammals. So if there is no nutritional need for humans to eat any animal products - including infants - then it's a myth that Breast Is Best when it comes to Mother's milk? 

We talking a bout meat  not breast milk

1 minute ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

We talking a bout meat  not breast milk

I was responding to: There is no nutritional need for humans to eat ANY animal products... even as infants and children. Now, I don't claim to be the sharptest tool in the box, but umm... I was under the impression that the milk of mammals is indeed an animal product?

On 8/28/2021 at 3:41 AM, Misterwhisper said:

With all due respect, I have never really understood why vegans would want to eat "imitation meat". It seems so hypocritical to me.

If you are a meat eater, go for a juicy piece of chicken thigh (plus a healthy serving of veggies, of course).

If you are vegetarian or vegan, stick to the literally thousands of very tasty vegetable and fruit options. Why would a person who eschews (even abhors) cooked meat want to eat anything that actually resembles the texture, taste and even shape of a meat dish? I just don't get it.

Even as a meat lover, I frequently eat vegetarian.  

IMG_20210902_175745.jpg