Pattaya's homeless crisis out of control

juiso

4 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

The majority of homeless people in Pattaya, shouldn't be living there in the first place. Pattaya is not a place for these people at the best of times. I travel a fair bit and my cost of living reduces drastically when I leave Pattaya. I don't pay rent, I'm married so no bar girls and I'm a moderate drinker but I cut loose at times when I'm in my condo. The homeless people should be taken back to where they came from free of charge. One can only image the the diseases these people may spread the way they live. 

quote "The homeless people should be taken back to where they came from free of charge. One can only image the the diseases these people may spread the way they live."

That however will not solve the homeless problem. True that less homeless people will be seen in Pattaya because your option will not give them homes, food or a job, it will just spread them elsewhere to where there are less places for them to stay, less food available and still no jobs. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kinyara said:

I'd say the lowlife Thai males headed back to the provinces with the working girls they are used to sponging off. I'm talking about the young guys hanging out in pool halls, driving around like street racers in pairs and sometimes being arrested for petty street crime. If the CCTV cameras aren't fixed now, City Hall better get the finger out and sort them when the bar scene reopens as I forsee the potential for a massive spike in street crime when they return.

They are all ^ inclusive lowlife thai males by any category. Along the beach everywhere you look there is a sh*t load of them. Best solution: load them into trucks and take them away. Fascism isn't all bad.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Isnt it like this all over the world for as long as humans exist?  

Only getting worse as there are too many people living on this planet.

The only country doing well, i think , is Brunei. Though sharia law put someway a hold on it

All other countries suck. The global system all countries thrive on has still not yet reached the limit.

But we are getting there one sunny day in future. 

• Haha 1

San Francisco is much much worse then this place.  

And, they did away with any laws regarding defecating in public so there are piles of feces and urine smell everywhere downtown. Just pull down your pants and take a dump no problem.  

A shame, it use to be a beautiful city one of the best.  But, certain politicians seem to have ruined it.

I have not seen nearly the homeless or feces problem here thank goodness:

So far in 2021, San Francisco's streets have seen fewer reports of feces than both 2020 and 2019. An SFGATE review of 311 case data found that there were 13,856 reports of human or animal waste in the city between Jan. 1 and July 12, which is down from 16,547 reports of feces over the same time period in 2020

Edited by bkk6060

On 8/28/2021 at 8:16 PM, ArcticFox said:

Los Angles without tents.  For every billion dollars earned by a Gate or a Benzos, or a Soros they leave in their wake a few hundred thousand casualties.  But hey.  The rich need more money than they can spend in a hundred lifetimes even though average people end up destitute and in abject poverty.
The benefits outweigh the risks don't ya know!

Touche!

10 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

One of my idiosyncrasies (of which I have many) is to pay more than a casual observance to the homeless and street people from all around the world.  By my estimation I would say that a good 80% of them on average have some sort of mental or psychological disorder, often made worse by drugs or alcohol.

Regarding Pattaya in particular, it is easy to differentiate the "routinely" homeless from those that have come upon hard times relatively recently due to the lockdowns.  The routinely homeless appear more comfortable with their situation and usually show behavioral signs of their mental disorder, are unkempt and obviously don't make cleanliness a priority.  The recent homeless have a look of total confusion, fear, and some embarrassment, are reasonably presentable and decently dressed, and often have amongst their observable possessions something that is of no use to them in their predicament, such as a mini ironing board, a crash helmet, a rice cooker, or a suitcase.

Very astute post ????

I was thinking similar before I got to it and have to agree with you.

That is NOT to say I don't feel sympathy for them - I do and videos like the one in this thread make me very very sad.

• Like 1

Boring video made pointless due to repetitive content, I saw the same people several times.

And people are starving, yet still the Beach Rd girls are getting fatter year by year ???? There must be some kind of inverse reaction at play here as it's weird that a large proportion of poor people are so overweight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Indeed, those are the places where food is handed out.. 

Most food is handed out at Bali Hai where there's hundreds of people mostly who have parked their motorbikes. Beach road i see people sometimes stopping and giving food but not on the same scale, Second road behind walking st is where many homeless wait for food most days 

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most food is handed out at Bali Hai where there's hundreds of people mostly who have parked their motorbikes. Beach road i see people sometimes stopping and giving food but not on the same scale, Second road behind walking st is where many homeless wait for food most days 

Second Road in front of the Aeroplane development space is quite a big one, went to Bangkok Bank beside there last week and there were significant numbers sheltering waiting under the empty beer bars opposite. Jomtien Beach Road between the turn and Immigration soi.

You know why I'm not homeless? Cause at a young age I knew if I didn't study in school, strive for a good life, assert myself in the work force, save my money, or was stupid enough to get addicted on drugs or alcohol I'd go nowhere in life.  I feel bad for the homeless, but personal responsibility has to be taken into account.

A "funny" thing about the homeless here on Pattaya's Darkside, they don't lay around in front of shops lying around all day like the brightside homeless, they make their shacks, huts, and hovels, plant veggies and do what they can to earn money (collecting bottles, plastics and cans).  Maybe the lazy brightsiders need to get off their butts and "work". 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:18 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Having seen homeless, children with no parent around, being looked after by other near destitute people, children abandoned by parents who cannot fend for themselves, let alone health care, food and education for children.

I do not think some acknowledge the absolute privilege many of  had when growing up, education, relative family safety, health care.

Sure, but many countries have a government safety net for such adults and children.  Not so in Thailand.