Pattaya's homeless crisis out of control

juiso

On 9/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, rott said:

Another surprise is the low level of street crime considering the number of poor and needy and the presence of relatively wealthy farang. And the soft targets we must look to these people. 

I agree, but do wonder how those with drug addictions here are now supporting their habit.   I'm surprised there has not been more crime from the addicts.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I agree, but do wonder how those with drug addictions here are now supporting their habit.   I'm surprised there has not been more crime from the addicts.  

I have been surprised for a while. 

And I have been a bit pyssed for about an hour. Sober now till Wednesday. Just thought I'd mention it. 

On 9/11/2021 at 11:00 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Approx. 8% (5 mill)  Thais live below Poverty level 1900 baht/ month. 

Richest 1% Thais own 70% Everything. Worlds worse wealth distribution. 

Top Man Landholdings in Bkk alone worth USD 88 Billion……sufficient to Erase Thai Poverty AND Reform Education / Literacy here ……

The wealthy Thai elite make their money from the cheap labour from the poorer Thai's.  

In a time where the world is seeing China and India have a rapidly growing middle class (covid aside) Thailand appears to have no intention of growing a middle class.  

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

The wealthy Thai elite make their money from the cheap labour from the poorer Thai's.  

In a time where the world is seeing China and India have a rapidly growing middle class (covid aside) Thailand appears to have no intention of growing a middle class.  

A quick Google shows a report that in 2015 Thailand's middle class accounted for 35% of the population.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2021 at 5:26 PM, ArcticFox said:

New Normal:  Farangs deathly afraid of disease.  Not like they weren't before. They were. Those of European decent tend to be irrational germophobes and mysophobiacs- but now on steroids.  Which is why your typical white person who arrives in Thailand spends their two week vacation with the dribbling ****s which is one's body reacting to pathogens their immune systems have been protected against encountering.  To have a healthy immune system, it needs to be challenged. Now it's "Gimme a shot doc!"  Trouble is - it's never going to be as good as a million years of evolution.

average  life expectancy  Thailand   76.93    UK 81.26  Italy 83.35 Spain 83.43 France 82.72

On 8/29/2021 at 1:01 AM, impulse said:

I watched the video, and I'm not seeing much that you don't see every day, and for many years.  The difference is that there isn't a throng of normal people and tourists to deflect attention away from them.  Normally, you don't even notice them in the din of activity.

Still sad...

If you went up to these  homeless  people and offered them a  job........how  many do you think would take it because from my experience they dont, and Ive done it, several times over the last 15 years. They either  turn out to be raving alcoholics, lazy, insanely  stupid or  just want a job where you sit  down all day and before you  all  pile in with your Ivory Tower  comments, how many of you have actually asked them. I  have. Often they are homeless for a reason and its  not due to lack of work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

I suppose 350 baht a day, instead of 300 baht a day, puts you in middle class.  ????

If you can find someone to work for that a day let  me know because by me the minimum is  500  and Im not in a toruist area, and like their  work youll  get a  minimum for that.

16 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

If you can find someone to work for that a day let  me know because by me the minimum is  500  and Im not in a toruist area, and like their  work youll  get a  minimum for that.

Pre covid, see all those signs up on restaurants and bars with 6000 to 9000 baht?

9000 baht / 30 days = 300 baht a day.  

On 8/28/2021 at 5:33 PM, Mickeymaus said:

The homeless ladies hanging around on the Beach Road are often not homeless but just doing a job... Normally there are much more such homeless ladies there. 

Exactly. 

The beach looks pretty good, I might take a trip there. 

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

This proves your total lack of knowledge.

Go back to discussing online bar girls - lol

Proves your lack of knowledge, actually.  It's not uncommon for hospitality staff to only have a day or two off a month.  

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Proves your lack of knowledge, actually.  It's not uncommon for hospitality staff to only have a day or two off a month.  

Oh wow - thanks for that info, i'll get on with my life now, i forgot you know everything.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Oh wow - thanks for that info, i'll get on with my life now, i forgot you know everything.

Thanks!

I don't know everything, just more than you, obviously, but then again, it would appear so does everyone else. 

• Haha 2