Pattaya's homeless crisis out of control

juiso

On 9/18/2021 at 2:39 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

If you went up to these  homeless  people and offered them a  job........how  many do you think would take it because from my experience they dont, and Ive done it, several times over the last 15 years. They either  turn out to be raving alcoholics, lazy, insanely  stupid or  just want a job where you sit  down all day and before you  all  pile in with your Ivory Tower  comments, how many of you have actually asked them. I  have. Often they are homeless for a reason and its  not due to lack of work.

This is so true, but drugs and mainly cheap strong alcohol seems to me to be the reason. They cannot focus enough to hold down any job. I have found they are not bad people. Just totally lost, with no power other than just to sit and beg. Or even worse not even the power to do that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/28/2021 at 6:07 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

if they did  a  time and  motion study it  would be 2  days  real  work for  many

If Thai labour laws were not such that it reserved occupations for Thai's, and for every one foreigner on a work permit there had to be four Thai's employed in the business, the only employment in hospitality in Pattaya would be freelance hookers.  

Foreign business owners here a basically forced to employ substandard staff.  

• Like 1