Is the Herman Miller Aeron the best office chair?

On 8/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Until now the best chair I know is the Herman Miller Aeron.

Correct, I bought one quite a few years ago and have no plans on ever swapping to a different model.

They're not cheap but are well worth it in the long run.

While on a visit to Bangkok I popped into Siam Paragon to the Chanintr store and ordered one, I asked them to deliver about 2 weeks later after a short trip down to Cambodia and it arrived on the designated day - they loaded it onto a pickup and sent it to me here in Hua Hin.

I've considered buying a second one as I have quite a large office and don't like rolling the thing around - the casters on these chairs can tear up your floor coating so putting some kind of 'large mat' around your desks is a must, especially if you have a polished wooden floor - many chairs can destroy these in a matter of months.

Some people I associate with have one in each of their offices around the world.

I very much doubt you're getting a discount on this one.

Edited by ukrules

1 hour ago, cmarshall said:

So, Chanintr Work is a spacious, modern showroom.  They have all models and colors in the showroom, but not in stock.  The only color available for delivery  within five days is the Aeron Model B in graphite color, which looks like black to me.  The dark gray and light grey versions entail a two-month delay as does the headrest.  The light gray Aeron "B" is also THB 20,000 more expensive.  Model "A" looks child-sized.  

No discount was available, but they had a promotion of a six month installment plan with zero interest.

They also had some Eames chairs of which I have fond memories from my college library.  It was fun to sit in one again, but at $6000, not on the shopping list.

Can find replica Eames chairs easily on the internet. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I rather enjoy dragging out the selection process

I know most females enjoy shopping but most males just want to get it done.

Walk in shop, tell them what you want, look at it, sit on it, pay, deliver ASAP. Done.

I can't see how dragging that out would make it any better.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Walk in shop, tell them what you want, look at it, sit on it, pay, deliver ASAP. Done.

Important to test it to get the correct size seat as they come in various versions but sure - it's 10 minutes - max, then you're on your way!

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't enjoy shopping, but I do rather enjoy the online investigation. I do not want to spend any time at all at the store. To that end, I want to know exactly what's available and what I want before I go. I also want to know what I'll have to pay and whether or not the sales people are blowing smoke. 

You (apparently) don't. You want to walk in and buy the first $2,000 chair you see. But if that's true, why did you start the thread? 

Also, If I'm buying something I plan to use for 10-20 years, I can wait a couple months or pay a little more to get the one I want, because I know that if I don't, I'll spend 10-20 years thinking why the **** didn't I wait or spend the little extra dough.....

I have too much cr*p I don't like now, I don't need to buy more...

• Like 1