Bangkok unrest: Two journalists injured as protesters ignore curfew

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that protesters ignored curfew to continue attacks against police in Bangkok near the Din Daeng intersection last night.

Around 8.30pm when police withdrew from the area and hid behind containers  protesters came out of the Din Daeng flats to hurl explosive devices and firecrackers. 

A contingent of officers from Victory Monument who passed through the area was also attacked after protesters believed they were in danger.

Two journalists were caught in the crossfire. Post Today's Chat-anan Chat-aphiwan, 27, suffered a serious injury to his left hand from a firework that was hurled.

Worapong Noithapthim, a 37 year old photographer with The Nation Group was injured by bruising to the left hand.

Both were treated at the scene by medics. 

Sporadic violence continued despite the imposition of curfew at 9 pm until 10.40 pm. Protesters were still throwing projectiles and hurling insults at the police. 

They dispersed at 10. 50 pm, reported Daily News. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

What IS considered "the Din Daeng intersection"? I lived around Din Dang for two years and I'm not sure. Is it where Asoke coming from the south meets Din Daeng Road from the west and Ram IX Road from the east? Right before the Ram IX metro station on Ratchadaphisek Road continuing north?

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

What IS considered "the Din Daeng intersection"? I lived around Din Dang for two years and I'm not sure. Is it where Asoke coming from the south meets Din Daeng Road from the west and Ram IX Road from the east? Right before the Ram IX metro station on Ratchadaphisek Road continuing north?

Accordiong to giggle map it is Din Daeng road and Vibhadi road tollway

Edited by kingstonkid