Make sure your sunscreen is not on the banned list in Thailand

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Do you live here ?

Have you seen the way most Thai people treat there country on environment issues ?

Thailand is one big open tip for the Thais,  with a big blue wet bin, down one side.  used all day by the Thais.

Your just getting suckered into the blame game Thailand does. so well.

You been had mate.

Coral number 100000000000 on the list of stuff to  fix.

At the moment I'm in the UK but under normal circumstances yes I've been married for 8 years and been visiting or living in Thailand for about 13 years. Yes I've seen all the rubbish and particularly plastic bags along the road and blocking the drains and that needs to be tackled. I've also seen Thais using bins and teaching their children to do the same. I've seen an increase in reusable coffee cups and drinking straws in places like Café Amazon are no longer plastic. It's small steps in the right direction. In terms of sunscreen, yes they might be avoiding harder challenges but it's not hard to do and if I was there and took the time to look it might well be hard to find a product with these ingredients. Certainly among the bigger brands. Really what's the big problem with this.

Let's use your own rather strange argument.

Do you live here?

Have you seen the way most Thai people treat road safety? Risking their own life by not using seat belts or helmets. Teaching their children to adopt the same bad habits. Risking their own lives and the lives of others by driving whilst drunk. Have you seen how Thailand ranks in road safety?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Where does litter rank now and should we really be worried about it?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

At the moment I'm in the UK but under normal circumstances yes I've been married for 8 years and been visiting or living in Thailand for about 13 years. Yes I've seen all the rubbish and particularly plastic bags along the road and blocking the drains and that needs to be tackled. I've also seen Thais using bins and teaching their children to do the same. I've seen an increase in reusable coffee cups and drinking straws in places like Café Amazon are no longer plastic. It's small steps in the right direction. In terms of sunscreen, yes they might be avoiding harder challenges but it's not hard to do and if I was there and took the time to look it might well be hard to find a product with these ingredients. Certainly among the bigger brands. Really what's the big problem with this.

Let's use your own rather strange argument.

Do you live here?

Have you seen the way most Thai people treat road safety? Risking their own life by not using seat belts or helmets. Teaching their children to adopt the same bad habits. Risking their own lives and the lives of others by driving whilst drunk. Have you seen how Thailand ranks in road safety?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Where does litter rank now and should we really be worried about it?

Nothing strange about my comments.just the truth.

been coming 30 years lived here 21, ( for what it's  worth )

I  know who the bad boys and girls are, and its not the tourists.

Your just banging on now.

Good day.

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

Nothing strange about my comments.just the truth.

been coming 30 years lived here 21, ( for what it's  worth )

I  know who the bad boys and girls are, and its not the tourists.

Your just banging on now.

Good day.

Is there anything I've posted that isn't the truth?

Looks like two of my sunscreen products that I have contain some of the banned chemicals.  Banana Boat SPF 50 Sport contains both Oxybenzone and Octinoxate.  The other is a generic brand I got outside of Thailand.  I will need to make sure not to take those products into a National Park.  

Does that mean Thailand will not produce or import any sunscreen products with the banned chemicals?

Edited by Hanuman2547