Unidentified man and woman die after a suspected drunk driver crashes his truck into a motorbike in the Pattaya area

webfact

tpn1.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – Two people have been pronounced deceased at the scene after a suspected drunk driver crashed his truck into a motorbike in Banglamung District yesterday (August 29th).

The Banglamung Police were notified of the accident at 11:00 A.M. on Sukhumvit Road in Baan Thung Grad.

They and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a container truck on the side of the road. The truck driver, Mr. Songkran Roadwong, 50, was at the scene speaking to authorities.

A damaged motorbike was found on the road. Bodies of an unidentified man and a woman aged around 50 were found nearby.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/unidentified-man-and-woman-die-after-a-suspected-drunk-driver-crashes-his-truck-into-a-motorbike-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 5

I remember seening a cement truck go off the road at 2pm from my baloncy in tara court pratamnak actuall went down to look new truck sunny day I could not c any reason good nobody injuried but <deleted> would not happen in my country here, people crash for no reason and its forgoten the next day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

An active police force would help bring down the cases of Death by Drunk Driving. Pattaya Plod only ever go out on the roads AFTER an accident.

They were quite active checking people for drunk driving pre-Covid. Great money-spinner. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Banglamung Police planned to test Songkran for his blood alcohol content at the local police station,

Why did the police take him directly for a blood test or better still do a first test on the spot ...!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

It is not just better policing, but a whole cultural shift is require towards drink driving.... So many people simply do not have any grasp whatsoever of how serious drinking and driving / riding is. 

The apathy is nationwide... 

Example: A Well know major transport company (provides minivans and busses for Schools in Bangkok) - when my son was going on a school trip I asked about seatbelts in the vans etc... 

The school informed me they outsourced the transport to Montri, my queries were forwarded to them who replied with their safety policy... 

I was alarmed to read: Drivers will be breathalysed for alcohol every morning (which don’t believe anyway), IF found positive, IF a driver tests positive for Alcohol they will be suspended for the day !!! 

I was left incredulous at the utter absence of any meaningful penalty for such a serious crime of drivers being drunk in control of a van / bus full of children... The mind utterly boggles, but the policy does shine an insight into the attitudes and tolerance towards a criminally negligent behaviour. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2