90 day report via mail

So did the report via mail to CW.

The usual 15 days prior. 

Still no receipt and it's 30+ days after my report due date. So 45+ days from posting it.

Planning a trip away. Just curious of current returns for postal reports.

Assumed with online back up it would be back to few weeks wait. Any updates appreciated.

Edited by DrJack54

There was a thread a few weeks ago...

report date 16 July 2021
mailed to CW 29 June, delivered at CW 30 June (EMS)
returned from CW 13 August, delivered at home 14 August (EMS)
46 days all in
Immigration replaced my EMS sticker with their own, so not possible to track.

Processed on 15 July, with next report date of 14 October, according to the slip.

My previous report took 50 days all in. Difference down to holidays probably.

• Thanks 2

Posted mine 25 July and received receipt in mail 30 August. Seems to vary since it was over 40 days last time. Sure is a shame Immigration can not update their databases so we can do online. CW seems to have a real issue with inputing extension data.

Edited by asiaexpat
add info
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Posted mine 25 July and received receipt in mail 30 August. Seems to vary since it was over 40 days last time. Sure is a shame Immigration can not update their databases so we can do online. CW seems to have a real issue with inputing extension data.

Thanks. So your already 10 days to the good of me.

Hope it comes in next few days.

1 hour ago, markus1971 said:

I posted mine off at the end of July and I'm still waiting for the receipt!  I'm hoping it comes in the next week or so because I need a 60 day 'COVID extension' before 13th September and I don't want any hiccups applying for it!

I just received mine back now. So it's been 46 days all up from when I posted it. Few public holidays (I think). If you send and return with B4 Envelopes then immigration return your photocopies and blank new TM47. 

For sure I would rather do via online but this is not too bad apart from nervous wait.

IMG_20210901_135543.jpg

4 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I've considered what to do if never returned. Prepare 90day paperwork to 90 days after the old expiry? And include the postal receipt?

I was fortunate in that I had to go to the IO (a seven hour drive) anyway. I handed them the postal receipt and said I had never received my report.

They never asked anything, never batted an eyelid, just gave me new one there and then.

The postal receipt will be your "passport" for sure.

I would send a copy, not the original!!!

Edited by Will B Good

On 8/31/2021 at 12:50 PM, mtls2005 said:

There was a thread a few weeks ago...

report date 16 July 2021
mailed to CW 29 June, delivered at CW 30 June (EMS)
returned from CW 13 August, delivered at home 14 August (EMS)
46 days all in
Immigration replaced my EMS sticker with their own, so not possible to track.

Processed on 15 July, with next report date of 14 October, according to the slip.

My previous report took 50 days all in. Difference down to holidays probably.

Yes they are very slow, this time tried to do online but no success. But dont worry you can leave the country without it just keep the PO receipt. 

My latest one was due 29 July.  I EMS mailed it on 14 July...rec'd at CW o 15 July....CW processed the new receipt on 29 July...I got the receipt back on 23 Aug via the self addressed envelope with 10 baht stamp on it.  That works out to around 6 weeks from me mailing it to CW and then getting a new receipt back.  Pretty much ditto for my previous 90 day report. 

For my last two 90 day reports the CW turned around time has been a lot longer.   Seems they don't process the report until the due date even when they receive it two weeks before....and then it takes around 3 to 4 or more weeks to be actually mailed back/received. 

I kinda doubt they mail a report back the day they process it....my gut tells me they do it in batches....maybe weekly (or longer) batches because I know it don't take 3 to 4 weeks for a piece of mail with a 10 baht stamp on it to get from CW to any other place in Bangkok.  

It getting to the point by the time you get your new receipt back it's durn-near time to mail in your new report.

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 2

Here I sit 55 days from mailing it, 53 from when they received it, and 43 days from when it was due, still no return by EMS.  I had included an envelope from the post office that was stamped for EMS and indicated so with a note across the top.  I called the number at CW 0829414389 a week ago Monday, and was told it had been processed and was given my new date of 18 October.  I asked where my receipt for my new 90 days was as I had included an EMS stamped envelope, and the IO lady I was speaking to said "Sorry but the post office has been closed because of Covid"  I know that's not true because many on here have received it back by mail, and my normal EMS packages I send out have been received as well as receiving them myself.  I have relegated myself to just showing up on the 18th of October with all of my copies and photos, including the receipt as well as the Thai Posts screen shot showing the delivery.  If they say I owe a fine, well they can pound sand.  My due date is again 2 days before my extension of stay, and like last year after my extension I was unable to use the on-line portal.  Good luck to all.  Frustration with and then the incompetence of immigration is the name of the game.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pib said:

My latest one was due 29 July.  I EMS mailed it on 14 July...rec'd at CW o 15 July....CW processed the new receipt on 29 July...I got the receipt back on 23 Aug via the self addressed envelope with 10 baht stamp on it.  That works out to around 6 weeks from me mailing it to CW and then getting a new receipt back.  Pretty much ditto for my previous 90 day report. 

For my last two 90 day reports the CW turned around time has been a lot longer.   Seems they don't process the report until the due date even when they receive it two weeks before....and then it takes around 3 to 4 or more weeks to be actually mailed back/received. 

I kinda doubt they mail a report back the day they process it....my gut tells me they do it in batches....maybe weekly (or longer) batches because I know it don't take 3 to 4 weeks for a piece of mail with a 10 baht stamp on it to get from CW to any other place in Bangkok.  

It getting to the point by the time you get your new receipt back it's durn-near time to mail in your new report.

Prior to this 1st time mailing, I had always showed up in person at MTT using the now unavailable appointment system, as it takes over an hour to drive through traffic from my location, and then wait through the que and fight traffic back (ends up taking the entire morning).  Prior to this year I had always been able to do it on-line, but after my last extension, which was the day after my last 90 day, the system has been unavailable to me, both on the computer and then by using the app.  The app shows my extension date listed still as 2020, but then the overstay says Normal, totally bizarre.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

IO lady I was speaking to said "Sorry but the post office has been closed because of Covid"  I know that's not true because many on here have received it back by mail,

FWIW, there is a large mail processing facility in Laksi, presumably to service all of the government organizations with facilities there. This facility was hit hard by COVID in July - it may have been closed for a while - so this excuse may not be totally untrue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, there is a large mail processing facility in Laksi, presumably to service all of the government organizations with facilities there. This facility was hit hard by COVID in July - it may have been closed for a while - so this excuse may not be totally untrue?

My last EMS package received from Australia in early August was processed at Laksi according to the Thailand Post tracking app. 

Maybe they had all recovered !

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

When I EMS mail my 90 day report Laksi gets it delivered to the CW govt complex within 1 day of them receiving it according to my tracking.  I would assume Laksi also quickly processes all mail (EMS or regular) that the CW immigration mails back to the individual. 

As I mentioned earlier my gut tells me that CW immigration is dragging their feet in processing and return mailing reports....maybe only processing reports in weekly (or longer) batches vs daily.   I really don't think the postal system is causing the delay....I think it's how CW immigration is now processing mail 90 day reports.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pib said:

I really don't think the postal system is causing the delay....I think it's how CW immigration is now processing mail 90 day reports.

For sure 100%.

My dates were basically exactly same as yours and returned Sept 1.

BTW a reminder to others use B4 envelopes and CW will return all your photocopies along with new TM47. 

I've always used regular envelopes for my self addressed return envelope...that is, the white ones where you must fold a page in thirds to get it to fit in....and CW "usually" includes the copies of docs I mailed in with the report.   They have for the last 3 or 4 reports I'm pretty sure....and I'm definitely 100% sure for the last 2 reports.   

For the many years I've been reporting my mail there are times when CW does not return my photocopies....they only include the new receipt and a blank. TM47.   This may go on of several reports an then they start including my photocopies again.   

I've always associated this off and on, cyclic type thing (i.e., whether photocopies are returned) to whoever happens to be processing my report.   I'm expect 90 day report processing is probably not a highly prized job (kinda like being on a peeling potatoes work detail), mostly done by trainees/temporarily workers, etc., and it sure appears CW is not giving it a lot of attention right now.

• Like 1

EMS just delivered my 90 day receipt.  In the envelope was everything I had sent minus the TM47 and the last 90 day report.  They included a new blank 90 day TM47 form for me to complete and send back next time I need to do it. 55 days from mailing to return.  Looks like they waited to process it until the day it was due which was the 19th of July.  Where it sat after that is a mystery to me.  It was mailed back EMS yesterday the 1st of September.  God knows what the issue is with returning it promptly.  I wont mail it this next time as my extension of stay will be renewed on the 20th of October, just 2 days after the 90 day is due on the 18th, and I do not want to take any chances with CW Immigration......