90 day report via mail

3 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

MY ROUND TRIP to imm is 4 kms.....i am usually in and out within 5 mins

Lucky you, many of us have a considerable trip through traffic at least here in BKK.  If I took MRT to BTS and then a Taxi it would take me about and Hour and a half to get their, same for the return, so it eats up half a day.  That is why I liked the appointment system.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

EMS just delivered my 90 day receipt.  In the envelope was everything I had sent minus the TM47 and the last 90 day report.  They included a new blank 90 day TM47 form for me to complete and send back next time I need to do it. 55 days from mailing to return.  Looks like they waited to process it until the day it was due which was the 19th of July.  Where it sat after that is a mystery to me.  It was mailed back EMS yesterday the 1st of September.  God knows what the issue is with returning it promptly.  I wont mail it this next time as my extension of stay will be renewed on the 20th of October, just 2 days after the 90 day is due on the 18th, and I do not want to take any chances with CW Immigration......

And just because it says it was processed on 19 July does not necessarily mean that's the day they did it.....they may have actually processed it in late August and just backdated it to 19 July.  OR, they may have actually processed it on 19 July (but I doubt it) and not mailed it for weeks and weeks    

My guess would be CW is batch processing mail-in reports only on certain days....maybe once a week (or longer).  And/or taking a long time to actually mail the receipt back.  

Yea...the problem is not the postal system; it's CW immigration.

Edited by Pib

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

And just because it says it was processed on 19 July does not necessarily mean that's the day they did it.....they may have actually processed it in late August and just backdated it to 19 July.  OR, they may have actually processed it on 19 July (but I doubt it) and not mailed it for weeks and weeks    

My guess would be CW is batch processing mail-in reports only on certain days....maybe once a week (or longer).  And/or taking a long time to actually mail the receipt back.  

Yea...the problem is not the postal system; it's CW immigration.

It shows it was processed on 19 July at 15:39 21, so at 3:39 and 21 seconds PM...lol

Edited by ThailandRyan

I'm over 70. We've been at home through this crisis. No way am I risking a four-hour round-trip on BTS, rot too, bus or taxi plus crowds at CW.

Sent July 19, due July 29. Received July 21.

Risk Covid crowds for this nonsense?!? I'll print out the receipt & postal info & estimate the date based on 90 days after July 21 or 29. They can lump it or fine me, up to them.

Edited by unblocktheplanet
correction

On 9/1/2021 at 7:52 PM, kennw said:
On 8/31/2021 at 12:50 PM, mtls2005 said:

There was a thread a few weeks ago...

report date 16 July 2021
mailed to CW 29 June, delivered at CW 30 June (EMS)
returned from CW 13 August, delivered at home 14 August (EMS)
46 days all in
Immigration replaced my EMS sticker with their own, so not possible to track.

Processed on 15 July, with next report date of 14 October, according to the slip.

My previous report took 50 days all in. Difference down to holidays probably.

Expand  

Yes they are very slow, this time tried to do online but no success. But dont worry you can leave the country without it just keep the PO receipt. 

You can leave the country with no problems without the receipt, no one's interested in your 90-day status when you're leaving Thailand.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I always report mail. It usually takes around 2-3 weeks to get the receipt back (EMS). My last one took nearly 8 weeks! 

IB doesn't return the notice by EMS, a B10 stamp on your SAE is not the EMS charge!    It's not necessary to send it to IB using EMS, registered letter is enough.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't understand the long-winded hoo-hah that so many are making of the delays, as long as you have your registered letter receipt you've got no problem.

If for some reason your receipt is not returned you need to report to immigration.

With your tracking 'proof' of sending it you will not be fined 2000baht, however it would require trip to immigration office.

For some that's very inconvenient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1