Leave Phuket by car (after sandbox)

fcbkk

Does anyone know the requirements for onward travel by car right after the 14 days sandbox end?.

e.g.

is a Test required max 72h prior travel?

is an advance permission required to drive through provinces to Bangkok?

If anyone knows an official site for such info then please post a link.

Many thanks

39 minutes ago, Otto2910 said:

i was in the sandbox too, but i flew. As far as I know, you just have to indicate your trip and show the QR code at a check. Here the link https://covid-19.in.th/

Thank you. The form and link look like they should cover the overall trip across all provinces. But is there a night curfew or not?

But i also heard a test is required at the bridge checkpoint upon leaving the island, not sure whether PCR or quick test is sufficient?

1 hour ago, fcbkk said:

i also heard a test is required at the bridge checkpoint upon leaving the island, not sure whether PCR or quick test is sufficient?

When you check out at your SHA+ hotel after 14 days sandbox, you get a sandbox certificate.

With that document your are free to leave the island on day 14th.

If you stay longer, you may need a new test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fcbkk said:

Thank you. The form and link look like they should cover the overall trip across all provinces. But is there a night curfew or not?

But i also heard a test is required at the bridge checkpoint upon leaving the island, not sure whether PCR or quick test is sufficient?

You do an RT-PCV test on the 12th or 13th day, if you drive immediately after the 14 days that's enough, otherwise you may have to do an antigen or PCV test again. Traveling by land transport through the Tha Chatchai checkpoint CANNOT be done during the hours of 23.00-04.00 Hrs. In Bangkok (as far as I know, there is curfew from 9 p.m. in the dark red zone). The best thing to do is to ask your hotel manager again. You have to register on the day of the trip. If you can't do it in one day, you stay the night and register again the next day. After registration you will receive the QR code directly.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Espanol said:

When you check out at your SHA+ hotel after 14 days sandbox, you get a sandbox certificate.

With that document your are free to leave the island on day 14th.

If you stay longer, you may need a new test.

16 hours ago, Otto2910 said:

You do an RT-PCV test on the 12th or 13th day, if you drive immediately after the 14 days that's enough, otherwise you may have to do an antigen or PCV test again. Traveling by land transport through the Tha Chatchai checkpoint CANNOT be done during the hours of 23.00-04.00 Hrs. In Bangkok (as far as I know, there is curfew from 9 p.m. in the dark red zone). The best thing to do is to ask your hotel manager again. You have to register on the day of the trip. If you can't do it in one day, you stay the night and register again the next day. After registration you will receive the QR code directly.

Thank you all much appreciated.

Hotel info is Sandbox related i.e. they know little about how to leave and onward travel, the manager is checking to confirm all again. New Phuket regulations for the first 2 weeks in September were published on Tuesday, but these only amend details for domestic tourism and day excursions to neighbouring provinces for Sandbox participants.