"Honest" Anutin defends himself and vax rollout especially Sinovac and relationship with Chinese

webfact

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Say no more.... 

18 dollars a dose, what a bargain, and look I bartered it down, doesn’t matter that the Chinese themselves are now saying , its not going to be effective against Delta, they are taking a good look at it at present. 
RNZ news said today a new variant has been detected on the border ,coming in from South Africa, worse than Delta , they are worried as today’s vaccines will probably not cope with this new variant.

The best news I heard today was Russia is at stage 2 testing for MIR 19 ,a drug said to be 10,000 times effective against COVID-19, and it can be delivered by inhaler.

Check it out just Google MIR 19 Russia Covid trials, it’s on U tube RT.

Thailands not the only fiasco with Covid, the USA is a train wreck, and it’s all you people that won’t get vaccinated, it’s your fault.

Fiji announced this evening that athletes will not be allowed to compete without a vaccine certification, RNZ news this evening.

Soon you won’t be able to travel anywhere, go to work,or school without a jab of a vaccine , that Nz have already said isn’t going to prevent you catching it or spreading it, and will not be able to stop the new South African strain, by the way they are now vaccinating 12yr olds.

So what happens if the new variant, which has already touched our borders gets loose and none off the present vaccine helps.

Then hopefully MIR 19 has passed trials and will stamp this madness out

Meanwhile line up for honest Annutins super bargain deals brought down from 18 dollars to 8 by the shear hard work between him and the Chinese in Thailand, and China, great work.

l wonder who those Chinese already in Thailand are???? Does it begin with C???

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

You assume they know  how to turn it  on

Oh Please. You know as well as they do, without a calculator they are like a ship without a rudder.

Go into most shops for an item @82Baht. hand over 102Baht and get told 'you give too much'. I have been given back the extra a few times in Big C and Robinsons, where the till does the calculation. Dumb and Dummer are alive and well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

What does he mean? I thought Thailand, through Siam Bioscience had agreed the the rights to produce AZ. Is there a time limit on that? Seems a very short one if cannot produce next year.

Local production largely remains committed to orders outside Thailand and the materials to produce are supplied from elsewhere which supply issues from both ends may be causing problems. The suggestion of banning the export of production seems to have been quickly abandoned I believe.

1 minute ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

"Honest" Anutin defends himself and vax rollout especially Sinovac and relationship with Chinese..................

Ha Ha Ha. Would you trust this man to sell you a used car.........NO!!!!

Honesty & Anutin ???? in the same sentence is incredulous...

Even at €8.90 the poor efficacy Sinovac is considerably more expensive than the highly effective AstraZeneca Vaccine. In fact, the European Union paid only €2.15 per dose as reported by the British Medical Journal (source: https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/view/the-price-tags-on-the-covid-19-vaccines)

Edited by Karlo

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

And than they are talking about fake news and make the Thai people feel uneasy and worried... They flip flop all the time.. That Sinovac is not working shows the Sanbox Phuket were the cases rise by the day.. They ordered Moderna but now suddenly it seems that in December there will be only 1,98 million doses available instead of the promised 5 million of which the Red Cross out of the blue were given 1,1 million... Why does everything take so much time and and why is Ministry of Health delaying everything that is NOT Sinovac??  

Follow the money 

8 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The Health Minister does not know his job.  Explain to me why we must wait 12 weeks to get our second shot of AstraZeneca instead of 4 to 8 weeks.  The longer we wait the better the chance we die from the virus.  He does not care.  Get rid of him.

Do you have voting rights in Thailand..?

• Haha 1

If he has to openly defend his relationship "with the Chinese" then that tells you there's a lot going on behind the scenes and he's up to his neck in it.

He's been quite open about how much he likes them, unlike the "dirty farangs who don't shower" despite all the stories showing the Chinese are no where near as "clean" as he thinks they are.
Not to mention, wasn't he one of the ones pushing to keep letting tourists from Wuhan arrive in Thailand after other countries had already started banning them ?

And wasn't he the one that came up with the wonderful health insurance scheme, er, "scam" that people with Non-O(A) visas have to pay for now (outrageous fees for poor coverage). (Basically half the coverage for twice the price that other plans had been offering at the time.)

And isn't he the same one that said that "foreigners" weren't paying their hospital bills resulting in Thailand losing a little over 300 million baht per year, so he added a tax to plane tickets to pay for it.
But instead of say, a 10 baht per ticket tax, which would have easily covered all those "unpaid bills" - he added a 300 baht tax ! (Or was it 400 baht ?) 30-40 times MORE than was needed.

Gee, I wonder where all that money goes........

You can bet if he and Prayut ever get tossed out of gov't, the DSI will be running a slew of investigations to see just how much richer they became after they took office.

• Thanks 1

What a marvelous job he's doing

Bhutan 2,596 cases

Laos 15,289 cases 

Cambodia 93,510 cases 

China 94,898 cases 

S.Korea 253,445 cases 

Myanmar 399,282 cases 

Vietnam 462,096 cases 

Nepal 762,649 cases

THAILAND 1,219,531 CASES

I believe he had AstraZeneca vaccine not the wonderful Chinese Sinevac

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I am no fan of Anutin but the generally recommended period of time between doses of AstraZeneca is 12 weeks, according to various sources.

So why did my wife and all her collegues get vaccinated with AZ, through the social security system, with only 8 weeks between?

9 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The Health Minister does not know his job.  Explain to me why we must wait 12 weeks to get our second shot of AstraZeneca instead of 4 to 8 weeks.  The longer we wait the better the chance we die from the virus.  He does not care.  Get rid of him.

We had to wait 12 weeks in the UK, seems standard practice. 

9 hours ago, Khun Yogi said:

Limited clinical trials have proven that Sinovac is not very effective against the Delta variant of Covid. So why is he still buying it? Also l believe it is one of the most expensive vaccines on the market being 2-3 times more expensive than other similar worldwide made products. Again l ask, why is he still buying it.???? Also it has been in the news that people who got two Sinovac shots will now need a third one. Why?????? Total incompetence.

I know of only one limited clinical trial of Sinovac's vaccine and it showed a very high degree of effectiveness, particularly against death: 100%. I believe that larger studies are currently being conducted.

But the point about cost is well-taken. Even at the alleged cheaper price of $8.90, Sinovac still costs more than twice as much as the AZ vaccine. Yet Thailand only ordered 3 million doses per month when it could have had 10 million. I'm not one to indiscriminately allege financial impropriety by the govt, but Sinovac actually has a track record of bribery and shady dealings.

Also, the Thai FDA delayed approval of the mRNA vaccines until months after they had been approved by the world's most economically and scientifically developed nations. 

And of course there was the refusal to join Covax when the opportunity first presented itself.

Apart from these minor considerations, Anutin's performance should be rated A+

• Like 1
  • Haha 1