Very Strong Evidence That Vaccinations Drastically Reduce Transmission of Infections

placeholder

And in the short run at least, according to an early Israeli study booster vaccinations do drastically reduce the rate of transmission. But it's early days and no one knows how long the effect will last.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-finds-covid-19-vaccine-booster-significantly-lowers-infection-risk-2021-08-22/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Placeholder, Jeffr2

And the usuals; Jeffr2, Placeholder, Chomper Higgot acting and posting as if it is etheir mssion to educated every body and that nobody else knows anything and continues to try and flame others.    Vaccines are not the only way out of this mess.  They are just the only way that Jeffr2 believes.  Vaccines will most likely just delay the inevitable while making the parmacy companies billions.  Now the booster shots, and new variants and other things. Heck the Mu variant is now one of the largest versians in new cases in Columbia.  Vaccine breakthroughs, children carrying and transmitting the virus and other things are a long way from being wrapped up.  Countries that did lockdowns, and countries that did not are all tending towards about the same final results.   The mass psychosis and push and political influence of the pharmacy companies may very well induce, coerce or even mandate constant artificial and temporary immunity vaccinations for as long as the companies find it profitable. 

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Youy opinion is 100% opposite of what the scientists say. And this is not about profit. Wow.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, Jeffr2 said:

Just wait for the anti vaxxers to show up here. They just don't get it.

This is pretty much what we've known for some time. Vaccines are our only way out of this mess.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting evidence around. This study claims that being vaccinated significantly reduces the spread, but then other studies show similar viral loads in vaccinated people compared to unvaccinated people. 

We know that the vaccines do a good job of preventing symptoms, so how can we know how many breakthrough infections are really happening, unless we start doing mass testing of vaccinated people?

I don’t buy the story that infections among the vaccinated are “extremely rare” (this article is saying 1 in 5000), since I personally know two fully vaccinated people who have had breakthrough infections, confirmed by tests, as they both had mild symptoms. 

I’ve heard a few people claim that a vaccinated person who is asymptomatic would be extremely unlikely to spread the virus, but after being told for the past year and a half that asymptomatic spread is what is driving this pandemic, I don’t buy that either. 

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

There seems to be a lot of conflicting evidence around. This study claims that being vaccinated significantly reduces the spread, but then other studies show similar viral loads in vaccinated people compared to unvaccinated people. 

We know that the vaccines do a good job of preventing symptoms, so how can we know how many breakthrough infections are really happening, unless we start doing mass testing of vaccinated people?

I don’t buy the story that infections among the vaccinated are “extremely rare” (this article is saying 1 in 5000), since I personally know two fully vaccinated people who have had breakthrough infections, confirmed by tests, as they both had mild symptoms. 

I’ve heard a few people claim that a vaccinated person who is asymptomatic would be extremely unlikely to spread the virus, but after being told for the past year and a half that asymptomatic spread is what is driving this pandemic, I don’t buy that either. 

I suggest you read the Lancet article.

The study doesn’t claim anything, it’s findings are demonstrated.

I’m quite certain you’ve heard lots of things but the report in Lancet is not hearsay, it’s a report on peer reviewed science.

• Like 1