Dope Fiends Caught On Walking Street, Pattaya........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: May 29th 2007

Marijuana Found on Two Suspects in Walking Street

A lady Police Sergeant Major from the Pattaya Tourist Police who was on duty at Walking Street informed the Pattaya Police at 11.50 pm on 28th May that two Thai men on a motorbike tried to ride through

Walking Street when the road was still not open to vehicles. The men looked drunk but there was no smell of alcohol – they were probably taking drugs.

When the Pattaya Police arrived they found the two men being detained so took the men and bike back to the station for questioning.

At the station the Police searched the men and the bike and found a pack of marijuana hidden under the motorbike seat.

Ophat, aged 24 and Athit, aged 20 confessed that they had just smoked marijuana. They bought it from a man in Pattaya Soi 2 for 100 Baht.

Further proceedings will now be made on these two men.

Its funny haow things have changed here over the years.

I always associated DRUGS and THAILAND = DEATH PENALTY

but I cant get over how druggs are peddled along the Beach Road

here at night - in full view of Tourist Police volunteers !

Wouldnt they be better pouring in a few more rescources

into these drug pushers than trying to nab tourists without

their passports on them ?

to me it's more of the misconception and ideology of these idiots that believe in reefer maniacs, what the hel_l is pot compared to cigs and liquor, NOTHING, you get killed or kill more people using these drugs than pot.

Its funny haow things have changed here over the years.

I always associated DRUGS and THAILAND = DEATH PENALTY

but I cant get over how druggs are peddled along the Beach Road

here at night - in full view of Tourist Police volunteers !

Wouldnt they be better pouring in a few more rescources

into these drug pushers than trying to nab tourists without

their passports on them ?

Totally agree - there should be a dedicated (in every sense of the word) drugs police unit that works to eradicate all forms of illegal drugs - including the moonshine and so on.

But there is (or was, under TS) a heavy vested interest in this industry from the authorities that are supposed to stamp it out. Even when 2,500 drug dealers were shot - they were mainly small fry. Not the big barons.

Seal the Burmese border - persuade India and China to withdraw their support for the current Burmese regime, maybe this will help.

to me it's more of the misconception and ideology of these idiots that believe in reefer maniacs, what the hel_l is pot compared to cigs and liquor, NOTHING, you get killed or kill more people using these drugs than pot.
ohh this is a subject i entirely agree with you, i dont think i have ever seen a headline " man on marijuana goes mad and wants to fight everyone " ,.i do find that in cases of people mentioning headlines like this that they are totally out of touch, ,what about "police arrested a man on walking st because his breath smelt of alchchol." .i dont know anyone that wants to fight after a joint, i know ,and have had the unfortunate mispleasure of meeting scores of people that lose the plot on booze, but that ok, its legal ( to purchase at any quantity and consume )! Edited by mikethevigoman

Firstly, how is this even considered to be news? A real non-story if ever I read one. Secondly, why did you write "Dope Fiend" in the headline? A small bag of ganja found under a motorbike seat hardly constitutes being a "Dope Fiend"...

Firstly, how is this even considered to be news? A real non-story if ever I read one. Secondly, why did you write "Dope Fiend" in the headline? A small bag of ganja found under a motorbike seat hardly constitutes being a "Dope Fiend"...
Think it was a misprint ?" dope find " :o