Drunk fisherman drowns in Kathu pond

webfact

1630639407_1-org.jpg

Police and rescue workers at the scene. Photo: Kathu Police

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A man was discovered drowned yesterday (Sept 2) after he had gone to retrieve his fishing nets in a pond in Soi Kathu 6, Kathu while under the influence of alcohol.

Kathu Police Deputy Chief Lt Col Chao Pomna was called to the scene at about 3:50pm. He was joined by Kusoldharm rescue workers at the pond near Sabai Village 2 housing estate where they were informed 33-year-old Prakob Sima was missing.

A friend, 18-year-old Panupong Thanakarn, told police that he and Prakob had been drinking alcohol together and then Prakob said he was going to collect his fishing nets from the pond.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/drunk-fisherman-drowns-in-kathu-pond-81275.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-03

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Just because had been drinking alcohol doesn't mean he was drunk.

I feel that the headline is disrespectful, although it is possible it's correct.

Try reading the link that details the statements of two witnesses to show exactly how wrong you are!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading the link that details the statements of two witnesses to show exactly how wrong you are!

Thanks. I rarely open and read links, as this forum has most experts. ????

Can I ask you to point out which "two witnesses" because now having read it I can only see one, but it IS Friday afternoon and the first beer has yet to be cracked.

15 minutes ago, 2long said:
23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can I ask you to point out which "two witnesses" because now having read it I can only see one, but it IS Friday afternoon and the first beer has yet to be cracked.

His wife, who described him as very drunk. and his drinking mate who couldn't swim.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2long said:

Opened mine just 2 minutes ago. But no Heinecken...