COE with NON-O Volunteer Re-entry permit?

Is this possible? My COE application was just rejected by the Thai Embassy in Manila. I was not told why exactly.. i got the following message:

"Due to Upload relevant documents for your visa also your health insurance certificate. "

I uploaded what was asked for: Passport front page, Visa and/or re-entry permit.

And the 100K USD covid insurance certificate i just got for this purpose. I made sure it was covering all days remaining of my extension of stay permit++

I could switch and apply for COE with visa exemption instead.. I assume I will then also need onward ticket within 45 days?

This non-o extension will expire soon anyway so it does not matter much which option i go for. Just thought I would use the re-entry permit since i had it.

Unless you have a work permit for volunteer work you do not qualify for entry.

The info on the Manila embassy is very clear. See: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/images/stories/2021/CONSULAR/VisaCOEinfoasof25Jan2021.pdf

This page is better on the embassy in the US. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/01/13/nonovolunteers/

You could enter visa exempt but the valid re-entry permit may cause problems when entering the country. 

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

This non-o extension will expire soon anyway so it does not matter much which option i go for

Wait till your reentry permit expires and enter visa exempt.

Yes you will require an onward flight to anywhere. Or book return with flexible date.

How long wish to stay in Thailand.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have a work permit for volunteer work you do not qualify for entry.

The info on the Manila embassy is very clear. See: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/images/stories/2021/CONSULAR/VisaCOEinfoasof25Jan2021.pdf

This page is better on the embassy in the US. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/01/13/nonovolunteers/

You could enter visa exempt but the valid re-entry permit may cause problems when entering the country. 

I'm not claiming you are wrong, but i have read both links a couple of times and if its clear on anything: The Manila link does NOT require a WP.. It mentions "work permit holders/retirees/volunteers/spouses/children/witness for the judicial process etc. in the same group (O). Not combining WP with any of these.

The DC one does not mention anything about a no WP situation.

I does say however if you already have a re-entry permit you are good to go..

2 hours ago, MajorTom said:

"Due to Upload relevant documents for your visa also your health insurance certificate. "

Dumb question but has to be asked due to it catching so many people ... did you in fact upload the docs? There is a second button to complete the upload prior to lodging application.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Dumb question but has to be asked due to it catching so many people ... did you in fact upload the docs? There is a second button to complete the upload prior to lodging application.

Yeah, its easy to miss that button. (I did on the travel insurance, but the website would not let me continue)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update: COE not approved for RE-Entry without work permit.

I tried explaining WP is not necessarily required to have this type of extension, but got nowhere.

Re-applied using Visa Exempt: Approved. (They were strict on ONWARD ticket for this)

Strangely, when you get your COE, it does not mention anything about visa-class.

Immigration also stamped me back in on the RE-entry permit, no questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1