Sidewalks are becoming a cycle lane.

Mark17AA

Agree. More and more cyclists, mainly farangs using the pavement.

Not a solution but we walk along the "sky walk" now from near Nana all the way to Asoke and back. Usually empty, although with the parks being closed a few runners now use it as their exercise route

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

Avoiding all those deadly manhole covers wasn’t challenging enough. This is just another ‘wrinkle’ thrown into the mix. 

Try to look at it as if you’re simply playing a game of ‘Frogger’, ‘Pac-Man’ or ‘Super Mario’. 

• Haha 2

On 9/4/2021 at 9:04 PM, clivebaxter said:

Quick push as they come along side usually works ????????

also found that a strong elbow good for breaking off the side mirror of a  car going opposite direction on single lane oneway road, also having half the car on the footpath... ( Soi 7 pattaya) 

- anyhow by the time the mirror hit the ground, the driver was finally sort of reacting by jumping on his brakes to obviously intend to outwardly   react 'negatively' 

- but I was lucky he was being herded along by the cars behind him doing the same thing - couldn't actually Stop 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2021 at 6:04 PM, clivebaxter said:

Quick push as they come along side usually works ????????

I'll keep that in mind, back in Glasgow, in fact the last time I was in Glasgow exactly two years ago, I sent a cyclist flying when he was riding straight towards me on the pavement. He wasn't very happy. ????

• Like 1

He's gone now it seems, but there was somebody rollerblading along lower Sukhumvit pavement at speed. His solution to not being able to stop was to push people out of the way. Perhaps some locals took exception to this and he got a nasty kicking and that is why I don't see him anymore.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

every time, the driver would always speed way too fast on the highway

I brought that up with Jack himself, pointing out how dangerously fast the driving was - his response was sorry, we have to drive that fast to get there before the Russian bus from Pattaya as if they get there first our processing is delayed by 2 hours.

20 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If you reading this article makes you comment like this , next time better don't comment anymore . 

You beat me to it.. its people like that that make these forums somwhat uninteresting, its like you have no right to make a comment or voice an opinion.

• Like 1