How much is a new key card at your condo?

ronjomtien

7 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

The cards don't cost much despite being custom printed. But they need to go and wipe your old card number out of all gate access systems, etc. and register new ones. So most of the fee is for this activity. not card itself.

Really, laborers make 300 for a day and these people spend 10 minutes on a computer and send someone up with you for 10 minutes and they want 500 baht. Give me a  break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

Really, laborers make 300 for a day and these people spend 10 minutes on a computer and send someone up with you for 10 minutes and they want 500 baht. Give me a  break.

I doubt the job is done by rice planters, so bringing their income into it is rather irrelevant. 

• Like 2

Another small nail in the coffin of condos, one of many.  I know that I bang on a lot about how <deleted> condo living is, but living in a house is so much less hassle than the rabbit hutch condos that so many choose to exist in, run ragged by management committees, who decide how you will live, security people with a God complex, paying for parking your vehicle, government and local authorities deciding how and when  you can use pools and gyms that you are paying for,  next door people living so close that you can hear them talking in a whisper. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Don't lose their property then.

their property ?  sorry i paid from beginning for the card....unless if i return it by end contract ?....you think they go give me 500bht? :whistling:

4 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

That's what you think of the staff that is working for you? Do you dare to tell them that in their faces?

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Another small nail in the coffin of condos, one of many.  I know that I bang on a lot about how <deleted> condo living is, but living in a house is so much less hassle than the rabbit hutch condos that so many choose to exist in, run ragged by management committees, who decide how you will live, security people with a God complex, paying for parking your vehicle, government and local authorities deciding how and when  you can use pools and gyms that you are paying for,  next door people living so close that you can hear them talking in a whisper. 

A house in Bangkok is unlikely to afford you noise abatement unfortunately, even if you have several acres of grounds.

28 minutes ago, david555 said:

their property ?  sorry i paid from beginning for the card....unless if i return it by end contract ?....you think they go give me 500bht? :whistling:

So if you get keys to a condo they are yours ? I would say a keycard like keys will not become your property and will have to be returned. About the 500bt no idea. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, samtam said:

A house in Bangkok is unlikely to afford you noise abatement unfortunately, even if you have several acres of grounds.

Living in a house in BKK now in Thonglor, quiet street almost no noise. We don't have several acres of ground. Location is key, not everywhere in BKK its loud. 

4 hours ago, tonray said:

500 baht at condo I used to stay at. Next time try to keep it in your pants..always avoids trouble later (????)

I thought it was, I think it was a ghost took it just to make me sweat. I tried to take this lady from Pattaya back to Jomtien at 8:30 to my condo before I took her home, I wanted to help her out with some pills for a cough. When I got to the condo I couldn't find the key and it was 8:40 before the curfew. I looked all over the car and then had to drive her back down the beach before the curfew. I made it back at 8:59 and I could see 2 police cars warning people on the beach to go home. Gave her the pills this morning.

And it only took 10 minutes to program the card and 10 to go upstairs and redo the door. The bonus is that they gave me the secret door code so I can open it myself if I lose the card again or forget it inside. No condo eve gave me the secret code, it's only for owners they said. Thanks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Living in a house in BKK now in Thonglor, quiet street almost no noise. We don't have several acres of ground. Location is key, not everywhere in BKK its loud. 

Sounds great. Condo living is not for everyone, but there are important factors to consider when choosing which one, (as with your house location), but also management, maintenance (24/7), security (24/7) and facilities. I enjoy it because I value the views from my 35th floor, which is a boon, living as we do in a flat delta area. As I'm on the committee I have been lucky enough to influence, (and indeed instigate policy) regarding the factors aforementioned.