How much is a new key card at your condo?

ronjomtien

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

So if you get keys to a condo they are yours ? I would say a keycard like keys will not become your property and will have to be returned. About the 500bt no idea. 

Not comparing appel with lemmons ....i had to pay for my key card seperate .not for my condo  keys ......a difference .....what i have to buy is mine ..or not ?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Not comparing appel with lemmons ....i had to pay for my key card seperate .not for my condo  keys ......a difference .....what i have to buy is mine ..or not ?

No you paid a deposit. Your assuming your not getting it back. Works that way all over the world. Now if you don't get your deposit back then you claim it as yours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

Sounds great. Condo living is not for everyone, but there are important factors to consider when choosing which one, (as with your house location), but also management, maintenance (24/7), security (24/7) and facilities. I enjoy it because I value the views from my 35th floor, which is a boon, living as we do in a flat delta area. As I'm on the committee I have been lucky enough to influence, (and indeed instigate policy) regarding the factors aforementioned.

GF her company is paying for this normally i would not stay here far too expensive. But there is 24/7 security and maintenance is all done included in the rent.

Its like two houses 4 stories on a single plot of land with a guard on duty 24/7 and when something breaks the owner sends people to fix it. It also has a pool that is shared between us and the neighbors.

Can't complain but I would not pay for it if i had to pay it myself. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

No you paid a deposit. Your assuming your not getting it back. Works that way all over the world. Now if you don't get your deposit back then you claim it as yours.

You are right .... but only if a get my 500 baht back  when giving.... "the by you called" their property ....or else it is stealing 500 baht 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

You are right .... but only if a get my 500 baht back  when giving.... "the by you called" their property ....or else it is stealing 500 baht 

Yes it would be and normally you would get it back its an incentive to turn in the card. Otherwise security gets compromised. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes it would be and normally you would get it back its an incentive to turn in the card. Otherwise security gets compromised. 

at last we agree,.....but the solution to buy such a Aliexpress key copier stop all possible condo key cards  problems ...????

Edited by david555

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

at last we agree,.....but the solution to buy such a Aliexpress key copier stop all possible condo key cards  problems ...????

Hmmm personally i would not do that as it opens a can of worms legally. But hell not everyone thinks the same. I break laws at times too. 

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

GF her company is paying for this normally i would not stay here far too expensive. But there is 24/7 security and maintenance is all done included in the rent.

Its like two houses 4 stories on a single plot of land with a guard on duty 24/7 and when something breaks the owner sends people to fix it. It also has a pool that is shared between us and the neighbors.

Can't complain but I would not pay for it if i had to pay it myself. 

Detached or semi detached? As long as the neighbours are quiet and friendly. I find a condo can be much more anonymous: anything I want addressed I get the manager to deal with it.

Just now, robblok said:

Hmmm personally i would not do that as it opens a can of worms legally. But hell not everyone thinks the same. I break laws at times too. 

Oh...!???? thx for he warning ???? ....., but i would use that for only my own key card , just like anybody may copy his movie dvd for personal use ....

But are you sure those juristic office are not using the same gadget for their own " private 500 baht business " ?????

Just now, david555 said:

Oh...!???? thx for he warning ???? ....., but i would use that for only my own key card , just like anybody may copy his movie dvd for personal use ....

But are you sure those juristic office are not using the same gadget for their own " private 500 baht business " ?????

But you dont OWN the keycard. You are using their keycard and will be refunded a 500bt fee. As long as you havent checked out it stays their property. Different from a DVD you own and copy.

And for the other part, no idea it might happen.

7 minutes ago, samtam said:

Detached or semi detached? As long as the neighbours are quiet and friendly. I find a condo can be much more anonymous: anything I want addressed I get the manager to deal with it.

Dethatched and the neighbors i hardly see them they are Swedish we help each other at times.  Like i said anything i want gets adressed by the owner so far really good. I tell them what is broken next day they fix it. (i dont pay) This owner has multiple houses and her own service staff.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

But you dont OWN the keycard. You are using their keycard and will be refunded a 500bt fee. As long as you havent checked out it stays their property. Different from a DVD you own and copy.

And for the other part, no idea it might happen.

yeah same thing for all the users of VPN or setup boxes to see programs with property rights .... are we really so good in respecting digital property rights ...? So very honest ..?

4 minutes ago, clearance said:

For my condo it is in rent contract, 500thb, try to argue with your signature under it. Now the condo switched to fingerprint scanners, hope not to lose my fingers

If it was in Europe you could trouble them very hard with implicating them on the good care of privacy data ....., having some regular control on it . 

Not in Thailand , as here i got regulars  some other people i.d. credentials on the back side of 90 day slip i received .....

Edited by david555

Just now, david555 said:

If it was in Europe you could trouble them very hard with implicating them on the good care of privacy data ....., having some regular control on it . 

You could if you were a sad, pathetic loser with nothing else better going on in your life.

I have never understood how some people have so much trouble with condo living and management of them.

You enter condo, up the elevator into unit and close door......so many people seem to get into a tizzy about things...

• Like 1

Just now, smutcakes said:

You could if you were a sad, pathetic loser with nothing else better going on in your life.

I have never understood how some people have so much trouble with condo living and management of them.

You enter condo, up the elevator into unit and close door......so many people seem to get into a tizzy about things...

it proves we are just boring ourselves  because all the fun taken away because that nasty virus....????

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

yeah same thing for all the users of VPN or setup boxes to see programs with property rights .... are we really so good in respecting digital property rights ...? So very honest ..?

I am not that is a fact. I use netflix but download other stuff too. So as I said im not without sins. But i find cloning a keycard goes a bit further then that. A guard might notice the card looks different and causes trouble. With downloading you can protect yourself with a VPN but with your cloned card it might catch attention.

But like i said not judging you just saying what i would do. But everyone puts their following of rules and regulations at a different level. I don't mind breaking the law if I don't hurt others and the chance of getting caught is low ???? (talking about small stuff )

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

it proves we are just boring ourselves  because all the fun taken away because that nasty virus....????

I agree a lot of fun has been taken away. I can still entertain myself but would love to see things go back to normal.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a scam as they cost around 10 baht, i know I bought a fob for my front door. At my condo i paid 700 baht, agreed by committee, i complained, eventually lowered to 300 baht, still too high

There is nothing in the OP's rental contract that says he can deduct monies from monthly rent payments in protest of a condo board ratified policy he disagrees with. I'd say move house if I were the landlord I would not extend a rental contract with such anyway. 

My condo here has a 300 baht replacement policy.  It has the condo name and room numbers imprinted on it if it was dropped on a street somebody could enter the building and find you. This subject has come up at the owners meeting as a security issue the board position is 300 baht is a reminder to be careful with it and a motion was tabled.

I had an experience of losing a key card from a hotel they wanted 200 baht fine. I have a key card lock, for my own door on a condo overseas. The shop that sells the lock about 425 for a replacement. I found I can use a key card a Hilton or Sheraton hotel.  Probably close to 10 baht or less cost for Sheraton

Edited by Captain Monday

You need to loose your card every day! Why anybody care the price 200 or 500 bth! I understand that txt here if price is 50000 bth then we maybe have some conversation. Same than asking where i get toilet papers 25 bth coz now cost 26 bth! Walk 3 kilometer south and save 1 bth. Sorry there is ocean but idea was good if you like wet paper.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

The cards don't cost much despite being custom printed. But they need to go and wipe your old card number out of all gate access systems, etc. and register new ones. So most of the fee is for this activity. not card itself.

Don't know if your hotelroom keycard ever didn't work and you had to walk to reception to get another one , but the activity you are talking about to change the card is actually just a few buttons on the keyboard of a computer and then swiping the new keycard on a cardreader so if most money goes that way they sure charge a lot for nothing . It's not like they have to change all the locks everywhere . 

I copy existed keycards for 100 baht. This is not again a law. Someone like more then one card. We have 4 cards in use. 1 car, 2 motorbikes, and for the fitness room. If you have for your private door a card lock, I duplicate this for you to. You get this also in tukcom. 

• Like 1

I think the price reflects a certain punitive charge so people don't think the card is disposable.

Then there is the cost of purchasing and maintaining the machine to encode and the cost to employ someone to be there when you demand anew one cuz you cant find the old one.

11 minutes ago, bwanajohn said:

I think the price reflects a certain punitive charge so people don't think the card is disposable.

Then there is the cost of purchasing and maintaining the machine to encode and the cost to employ someone to be there when you demand anew one cuz you cant find the old one.

"I think the price reflects a certain punitive charge ".....

you are right a farang punitive tax ....  in other words a side earner for juristic personal ????

"The machine" is costing on A-Express only 1022bht , instruction video online how to handle , the reader has a screen with explaining  how step to step handling it. Simple handling not even 10 minutes 

Can click for short video  and see how it is done on the A-express link's page 

English 10 IC/ID Frequency RFID Access Control Card Reader NFC Encryption Card Writer UID Chip Duplicator Smart Key Copier|Control Card Readers| - AliExpress

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, robblok said:

there is an other reason, if it was to cheap people would become careless and it could lead to security problems. Personally I think your a cheap skate (sorry) because you lose something and then moan about the price. Its only 500bt plus you caused this and nobody else. 

Take some responsibility drink a few beers less and you will be good. Maybe next time your more careful. Now you learn your lesson.

don't talk garbage, these things cost around 10 baht, so 500 baht is just too much, it's not as if people are trying to lose their fob

• Like 1