24 people and bar owner arrested at rooftop bar for allegedly drinking alcohol in Chiang Mai, violating Thai Emergency Decree

webfact

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yes we do, but not before they will slog trough a mountain of documents, permits, fees, insurance and multiple PCR tests AND 2 weeks quarantine in some far far island...

forgot to add... for no fun, lock up and no alcohol at meals, or when you like

• Confused 1

Is Thailand a dry country now?

I thought all restrictions were lifted and Thailand was opening up again.

But I do notice, earlier on, that a man who was riding his motorbike and died after colliding with a shipping container in Bangkok, was dobbed in by his friend for drinking before driving.

Was his friend arrested for drinking?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

At the raid, 24 alleged party-goers and a bar owner were spotted, according to police, drinking alcohol and dancing along with their own music band without wearing face masks and socially distancing, ignoring provincial Covid-19 control measures and the Emergency Decree.

Sheer lunacy.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

You can have all the alcohol you want... just not in a bar

Is that so hard to understand?

Not being able to understand you can't drink in a bar is extremely difficult to understand. Maybe similar to not being able to eat in a restaurant or workout in a gym.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You can have all the alcohol you want... just not in a bar

Is that so hard to understand?

You are not a tourist apparently. I think a tourist like to go out, sit in a bar, on the beach, in a restaurant and have a drink....Tourists like to enjoy and I think you don't understand what tourists want

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Whether the violation of the law was horrendous or not makes no difference, it was still a violation of the law.

Just because you don't like the law doesn't mean that you don't have to follow it.

You cannot select to only follow the the laws that you think are relevant to you.

As for the old argument of priorities of the law, if these idiots could curb their alcoholic urges then the police could then concentrate their efforts on  'important cases'.

I really think you got it all wrong. This is not the ordinary law. It is something taken out of an emergency decree. Also something that is made up in a couple of minutes regarding how many people can be in the same place at the same time. Sometimes they say 3 other times 5 to 10. Last thing we heard was that they are going to lower the restrictions and accept gatherings of up to 25 persons. How bad is this then, really?

Maybe you are just a little extra kinky today. No problem! It will pass. ???? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

You are not a tourist apparently. I think a tourist like to go out, sit in a bar, on the beach, in a restaurant and have a drink....Tourists like to enjoy and I think you don't understand what tourists want

Then Thailand is not the place to come visit at the moment... especially if you want a beer in a bar or looking for a beach in Chiang  Mai.

I don't think you or tourists understand what they mean when they say bars are closed.

Come here for what?

Just to see if they're joking?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Then Thailand is not the place to come visit at the moment... especially if you want a beer in a bar or looking for a beach in Chiang  Mai.

I don't think you or tourists understand what they mean when they say bars are closed.

Come here for what?

Just to see if they're joking?

You are totally right... This is not the place for tourists now.... But why is the Government putting so much effort in it to attrack tourists???? If you don't know how to handle with tourist, go and investigate in other countries and than try to make it your own... But what Thailand is doing now is far from being attractive for tourists 

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

I really think you got it all wrong. This is not the ordinary law. It is something taken out of an emergency decree. Also something that is made up in a couple of minutes regarding how many people can be in the same place at the same time. Sometimes they say 3 other times 5 to 10. Last thing we heard was that they are going to lower the restrictions and accept gatherings of up to 25 persons. How bad is this then, really?

Maybe you are just a little extra kinky today. No problem! It will pass. ???? 

IT IS STILL THE LAW!!!

You cannot simply chose which laws to follow, is that too hard for you to understand?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

YES! Sincerely hope you got it now? Or, more questions?

You replied 'yes' to my post but the only question that I asked was 'is that too hard for you to understand?'.

You then want on to state that you hope that I 'got it' now but you did not include any points on your post to 'get'.

Have I gotten what?

Your post doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Bert got kinky

6 hours ago, chrissables said:

Go bang your head.

You seem to think your view is more important than mine, it is not.

No, I just think that my view is more adult and makes more sense.

I am not talking about of personal views here I'm talking about the law and how some fools believe that selective laws should not apply to them.

Emergency laws hav been thrown up in many countries, this is not just a Thai thing.

The laws are in place to protect the public and to try to control the outbreak, selfish <deleted> who do not want to follow these laws are extending the damage and havoc that this virus is causing, as well as putting innocent lives at risk.

I could try to explain this so that even you could understand this but I have neither the time nor the crayons.

Edited by Bert got kinky