Expatvac for those who are below 60?

prettyawsm

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if similar was posted before, or much clearer info was given but anyone below 40 years old without health conditions were able to get a vaccine from expatvac? I'm outside of major cities and 31 years old and I haven't heard anything from expatvac. Hell, vax are hardly given to the locals here and it's astra + sino only for those who are above 60 yrs old or with serious health conditions. At this point I'm too afraid to ask what about foreigners here. 

Anyone else is similar situation? 

Cheers. 

I live in Nonthaburi (Dark Red) and am 50. I have heard nothing at all, but I am due to get Pfizer through the provincial network this week, so as others have mentioned, don't be shy in going to your local authority and seeing what they say.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if similar was posted before, or much clearer info was given but anyone below 40 years old without health conditions were able to get a vaccine from expatvac? I'm outside of major cities and 31 years old and I haven't heard anything from expatvac. 

I'm 32, staying in Bangkok and just today I recieved apointment confirmation for next week in MedPark. I registered in Expatvac on August 4th. Looks like for people under 40 without medical conditions we will be recieving Astrazeneca and I guess for those older 40 Pfizer.

Someone know if Astrazeneca produced in Thailand is already valid for travel in Europe?

Vaccine.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm under 60 and I've heard zero from the various registrations i did including expatvac, just as well i managed to get vaccinated via company route

Well, therein lies the corruption!  And that's why people who need it haven't got it!

6 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

A lot of bods under 60 who reg with expatvac haven't got their appointment yet, me included, so I wouldn't have a panic up just yet. They also stated that folk in dark red zones would get priority. So, if you're under 60 have no underlining medical issues and outside the dark red zones it might take a while.

This is what I was thinking too. As I stated in my post my gf called local hospitals and they said they can only do locals who are above 60 or with underlying health conditions and also its the Astra plus sino here only. 

4 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Yesterday in Thailand 98% of the 200 or so who died were over 60's.

Had they been vaccinated the figure would have been 20 say.

I don't know why Thailand is giving the limited vaccines to those younger fellas when Thai people who are 60 and above haven't go theirs yet. It boggles the mind.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/exclusive-thailands-elderly-lag-behind-covid-vaccination-drive-data-show-2021-08-31/

GUG5XUZ5XJI5DGBIBQTFAOLOAY.png

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm under 60 and I've heard zero from the various registrations i did including expatvac, just as well i managed to get vaccinated via company route

Same as me. I am 43 and have no health problems. I registered with several vaccine sites and was accepted by them, but have no news about when I can get an appointment.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Same as me. I am 43 and have no health problems. I registered with several vaccine sites and was accepted by them, but have no news about when I can get an appointment.

Are you in Pattaya, here's one for you, must go today, Tuesday 11-3

Screenshot_2021-09-06-19-43-13-433_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

15 hours ago, mommysboy said:

A lot of bods who are over 60 haven't got their appointment yet either. I think it depends on your locality.

Just received my first appointment date for next week through expatvac, I am 68 year old, living in Loei province

Edited by Expat68

To the OP, unfortunately your age and location may be against you at the moment.

This is my experience of vaccine registration:

Underlying health problems: No

Overweight: No

I successfully registered via [email protected] on Aug. 3rd, no contact since then.

After seeing a post yesterday about registration being opened for those over 40 I successfully registered via thailandintervac.com.

My chose hospital (Khon Kaen) was shown has only offering AZ or Sinovac, I clicked the link and saw that Pfizer was also available. There were 4 time slots available (which as of this morning are fully booked), both the vaccine type and vaccination dates were pre-filled.

However AZ vaccines are still available,although in limited numbers.

There is a function that allows you to check the status of your application by entering your pasport number.

Hope this information is useful for some.

Screenshot (12)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (13)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (11)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (10)_LI.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

A lot of bods under 60 who reg with expatvac haven't got their appointment yet, me included, so I wouldn't have a panic up just yet. They also stated that folk in dark red zones would get priority. So, if you're under 60 have no underlining medical issues and outside the dark red zones it might take a while.

A lot of bods over 60 who reg with expatvac haven't got their appointment yet, me included.

They also stated that folk in dark red zones would get priority - and we do live in a dark red zone, no priority here, local hospitals are using "Thai first" mode.

I've been with a person trying to contact people to let them know their vaccine date.

The main problem is a lot of people put incorrect phone numbers or just don't answer when called. Some didn't give a number. 

Others think its flash or Kerry calling about a delivery while others just cancel the call.

Theyre are even searching local expat Facebook pages in an attempt to make contact.

I can only suggest anyone waiting to be called check email junk folders, Facebook messages and answer phone calls from unrecognised numbers.

18 hours ago, prettyawsm said:

At this point I'm too afraid to ask what about foreigners here. 

Anyone else is similar situation? 

It would really help id people asking/inquiring about anything would put what area they are from---

Edited by sanuk711

1 hour ago, jim hayes said:

After seeing a post yesterday about registration being opened for those over 40 I successfully registered via thailandintervac.com.

My chose hospital (Khon Kaen)

Underlying health problems: No

Overweight: Slightly

I successfully registered via [email protected] on Aug. 2rd, no contact since then.

After seeing a post about registration being opened for those over 40 I successfully registered via thailandintervac.com for 5th Sept with Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen for AstraZenica, no contact since - all the status check says is "Application Received on processing for verification".

In my 30s and have been fully vaccinated for over a months now. 

The main tip that I can give you, be proactive (like many above me said). Don't wait until your name pops up on some semi-working registration site. Walk into the vaccination sites, take your passport and be polite. In my experience, the people doing the shots don't really care as long as they meet their shot quota. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Really depends on the province. Lamphun was offering Pfizer through Expatvac to 12 years olds and up last week. Surat Thani is offering it to teens now as well. Here in Chiang Mai they've started 55 and up and 40 and up is supposed to come possibly later this week. Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket have been 40 and up for weeks and possibly lower now. 

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

A lot of bods over 60 who reg with expatvac haven't got their appointment yet, me included.

They also stated that folk in dark red zones would get priority - and we do live in a dark red zone, no priority here, local hospitals are using "Thai first" mode.

It's just a case of being patient. I'm in no hurry as no plans to travel in this mess of a world right now.

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

It's just a case of being patient. I'm in no hurry as no plans to travel in this mess of a world right now.

I've no plans to travel either, but with the government putting restrictions on unvaccinated people visiting places (I know currently only restaurants - can you believe it will remain the same) the earlier you get your first jab the earlier the stupid restrictions will not apply to you.

14 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I understand that you're in Chiang Mai province.  The Facebook group "Chiang Mai News In English" is a good source of vaccine distribution information.  Ben Svasti Thomson is leading the efforts on getting foreigners vaccinated in the province and he contributes to that group.  I believe the latest info is that they will open up availability of Pfizer to the over 40 age group sometime later this week or next at Promenada.  You may not get a confirmed appointment, but once you see that they are vaccinating that age group, you can go to Promenada (around 8 am) with your passport and 13 digit registration number from the Wall of Chiang Mai registration; that's the number that starts with 600.  

I know, I know there are so many registration websites and some are totally useless, but the Wall of Chiang Mai site is the one that the provincial health dept is using to keep track of everyone and if you show up at Prom. without the Wall of CM number, it will just slow down the process for everyone.  

53 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I understand that you're in Chiang Mai province.  The Facebook group "Chiang Mai News In English" is a good source of vaccine distribution information.  Ben Svasti Thomson is leading the efforts on getting foreigners vaccinated in the province and he contributes to that group.  I believe the latest info is that they will open up availability of Pfizer to the over 40 age group sometime later this week or next at Promenada.  You may not get a confirmed appointment, but once you see that they are vaccinating that age group, you can go to Promenada (around 8 am) with your passport and 13 digit registration number from the Wall of Chiang Mai registration; that's the number that starts with 600.  

I know, I know there are so many registration websites and some are totally useless, but the Wall of Chiang Mai site is the one that the provincial health dept is using to keep track of everyone and if you show up at Prom. without the Wall of CM number, it will just slow down the process for everyone.  

Thank you for that information.

I will keep my eye out this week. I dont have Facebook...but my friends do so they will let me know.