Travelling with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca made in Thailand

snoop1130

Q: Can I travel with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that has been manufactured in Thailand?

A: COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that is made in Thailand is of the same quality as AstraZeneca’s vaccine made in Europe, Korea, Japan, Australia, and elsewhere. All manufacturing around the world is conducted using the same stringent manufacturing process and each batch passes over 60 quality tests as part of our global robust quality assurance process.

Many governments, including France (TH/FR) and Germany (EN/DE), consider people vaccinated with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca made in Thailand as ‘fully vaccinated’. Please contact the government of your destination country with questions.

To make it easier for more governments to recognize, for travel purposes, vaccines that are manufactured across AstraZeneca’s worldwide network, we aim to secure World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) for manufacturing sites, including Siam Bioscience.

We are also registering the brand name for the vaccine, Vaxzevria, around the world to provide additional clarity. The brand name Vaxzevria is already approved by the European Medicines Agency and many other countries.

For media inquiries please contact:

Pucharapan Holim, Communications Manager, [email protected], +66 (0) 86 999 8587

Source: https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html

42 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

Astrazenica seems just fine, whereas only 45 countries in the world recognize Sinovac as an acceptable vaccine to allow you in. Notable, are the countries not on the list.

https://visaguide.world/news/45-world-countries-recognise-chinese-sinovac-vaccine-for-travel-amid-covid-19/

What has that got to do with AZ?

7 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

What has that got to do with AZ?

The point is approximately 119 countries accept Astrazenica at the moment, whereas only 45 accept Sinovac:

https://blog.wego.com/astrazeneca-approved-countries/

Countries that have approved the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine

The following countries have given the Oxford-AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield vaccine the go-ahead categorized by region.

Some countries may only approve or administer AstraZeneca under specific brand name, so it’s best to conduct further research before making any decision.

Europe

Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Africa

Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Eswatini, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.

Asia and Oceania

Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nauru, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Vanuatu.

The Americas

Argentina, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gold Star said:

The point is approximately 119 countries accept Astrazenica at the moment, whereas only 45 accept Sinovac:

The following countries have given the Oxford-AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield vaccine the go-ahead categorized by region.

Some countries may only approve or administer AstraZeneca under specific brand name, so it’s best to conduct further research before making any decision.

Europe

Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Africa

Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Eswatini, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.

Asia and Oceania

Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nauru, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Vanuatu.

The Americas

Argentina, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay.

Right: but what has that got to do with Sinovac? 

2 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Right: but what has that got to do with Sinovac? 

Because a lot of people, including me got innoculated with one dose of Sinovac and one dose of Astrazenaca.  We probably will have to get additional vaccines in order to enter some countries or to be considered fully vaccinated?

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Astrazenica seems just fine, whereas only 45 countries in the world recognize Sinovac as an acceptable vaccine to allow you in. Notable, are the countries not on the list.

https://visaguide.world/news/45-world-countries-recognise-chinese-sinovac-vaccine-for-travel-amid-covid-19/

And this annoys the <deleted> out of me. So much denigration of this and other vaccines. 

Only 45 countries have approved it for emergency use of recognise it as an acceptable vaccine. 

Ridiculous politicking. 

In my view, vaccines approved by WHO should be accepted and recognise used by all countries that are party to the WHO. Vaccines approve by a member state should be accepted and approved by all member states.

Stop all these shenanigans and political horse <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

In my view, vaccines approved by WHO should be accepted and recognise used by all countries that are party to the WHO.

There was recently a very long feature in the London Sunday(?) Times detailing how the Chinese have infiltrated the WHO to wield enormous influence. It has been known and commented on for very many months that the WHO has pussy-footed around China, and that is why. Politically, there is no way that the WHO could talk down Sinovac.

That has been just part of the Chinese policy of extending their influence in many areas of the world, noticeably so in Africa for its rare minerals and also in places such as Cambodia. China has slowly taken over many other areas by granting financial incentives, while the world has just looked on and been left miles behind, so much so that it is possibly too late to stop the Chinese juggernaut.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, grandpa said:

And indeed as a vaccine it is, however, AZ produced in Thailand is not accepted by UK as being vaccinated!

Do you have a link that says that? The link above of countries that approve AZ includes the UK and it does not specify that the Thai-produced version is unacceptable. Do you dispute what the very first sentence of this post says, that it is the same quality as manufactured elsewhere, and then why that is so?

I'm resigned to the fact that after my local hospital Sinovac jab last month and my AZ second jab on the 15th, I'll later have to have a second AZ jab later in order to travel to the UAE. I took the Sinovac as it was available and I had no choice without having to travel a long distance to get an alternative, but I consider it was actually largely a waste of time, except to travel domestically.

35 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you have a link that says that? The link above of countries that approve AZ includes the UK and it does not specify that the Thai-produced version is unacceptable. Do you dispute what the very first sentence of this post says, that it is the same quality as manufactured elsewhere, and then why that is so?

Of course as travellers from Thailand, and other red listed countries, are currently required to pay for a hotel quarantinne on arrival in the UK, providing they're allowed to enter, the fact that you're vaccinated is of little consequence, but that wasn't your question.

This is the relevant current requrements regarding vaccinations.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list-rules

If you are fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2.

This applies if you’re fully vaccinated under either:

• the UK vaccination programme
  • the UK vaccine programme overseas
  • an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA - not all are recognised in England

Find out how to prove you are fully vaccinated, which European countries this applies to and approved vaccination programmes for Europe and the USA.

It also applies if you are:

• taking part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial in the UK or the USA
  • under 18 and resident in the UK, a UK Overseas Territory, the USA or one of the specified European countries
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Europe

Africa

Asia and Oceania

The Americas

That's not true is it? I thought the Thai made AZ jab was not recognised by the UK vaccination programme?

Can anyone confirm / deny?

7 hours ago, brommers said:

Well FridgeMagnet, in case you had not noticed Thailand has been forcing people to accept Sinovac as a first dose and AZ as a second. So anyone who has been forced into this mass experiment will not be accepted in countries other than the 45 that recognise Sinovac. 

You were not forced to take any vaccine. That’s a total lie 

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm resigned to the fact that after my local hospital Sinovac jab last month and my AZ second jab on the 15th, I'll later have to have a second AZ jab later in order to travel to the UAE. I took the Sinovac as it was available and I had no choice without having to travel a long distance to get an alternative, but I consider it was actually largely a waste of time, except to travel domestically.

Vaccines do not exist to facilitate travel. They are to stop you getting ill and dying from COVID

”waste of time” indeed

7 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Because a lot of people, including me got innoculated with one dose of Sinovac and one dose of Astrazenaca.  We probably will have to get additional vaccines in order to enter some countries or to be considered fully vaccinated?

Vaccines don’t exist to facilitate travel. They are to stop people getting ill and dying from Covid 

10 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Vaccines do not exist to facilitate travel. They are to stop you getting ill and dying from COVID

”waste of time” indeed

Vaccines exist to stop you getting ill and dying from Covid (and to stop you infecting others - you forgot that), and then to allow you to travel if you wish to - conditions apply. So vaccines also ultimately do facilitate travel.

• Like 1