Opposition parties promise “consequences” for MPs who supported government in censure vote

webfact

te3.jpg

By James Wilson

The opposition Move Forward and Pheu Thai parties told Thai Enquirer this week there will be consequences for members who voted in support of the government during a no-confidence poll at the weekend.

“There will be repercussions against MPs who voted against party lines,” said Pheu Thai deputy leader Pichai Naripthanphan.

Seven MPs from each party broke ranks in Saturday morning’s poll, which saw Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha comfortably survive the no-confidence vote along with five cabinet ministers.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/32267/opposition-parties-promise-consequences-for-mps-who-supported-government-in-censure-vote/

ti.jpg
  • Like 2

From the article...
The censure motion secured 208 votes against Prayut, falling short of the 242 needed to oust him. The premier received 264 supporting votes from the 482-vote parliament.

Isn't that how democracy works, just one vote majority is needed, and it seems like the senators didn't vote here...????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“There will be repercussions against MPs who voted against party lines,” said Pheu Thai deputy leader Pichai Naripthanphan

And there was me thinking a vote was a freedom of personal expression... silly me.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And there was me thinking a vote was a freedom of personal expression... silly me.

Democracy: Something people demand when they think it will get them what they want but suddenly fiercely oppose when things don't go their way.

Freedom of speech: Demanding the right to say whatever you want while silencing anyone who disagrees with you or says something you do not like.

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Democracy: Something people demand when they think it will get them what they want but suddenly fiercely oppose when things don't go their way.

Freedom of speech: Demanding the right to say whatever you want while silencing anyone who disagrees with you or says something you do not like.

And this is how it is throughout those lofty and deluded democratically configured places.