Acceptance and Recognition Of Astrazeneca(Thailand) By The UK

12 hours ago, treetops said:

It's not the vaccine going into arms that doesn't pass muster it's the vaccine program, which encompasses all stages including the actual jab.  The medical infrastructure is only part of that program and there are lots of areas where Thailand could well fall short.

Looks as though you were mostly right and I was mostly wrong.See BBC's Jonathan Head's tweet.

Jonathan Head

@pakhead

Question for

@AstraZeneca

and Siam Bioscience. The European Medical Agency says Thai SBS vaccine is not approved because it has never been asked to inspect the SBS plant. Also AFAIK no clinical trials were run on locally-made AZ vaccine. So, harder for it to be accepted overseas.

• Thanks 1

thai govt vax certs have QR codes linked to vax  centres, vax batches and passport data on thai govt health ministry data base. near impossible / uneconomic to forge a cert that would survive such passport level encryption, assuming foreign immigration seek & have such access……..

problem is that foreign govts dont trust thailand to comply western -style with vax mfr. program ……

17 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

thai govt vax certs have QR codes linked to vax  centres, vax batches and passport data on thai govt health ministry data base. near impossible / uneconomic to forge a cert that would survive such passport level encryption, assuming foreign immigration seek & have such access……..

problem is that foreign govts dont trust thailand to comply western -style with vax mfr. program ……

i agree with you 120%.   However, sooner or  later the UK will have to accept or declare their mistrust of the the whole vaccine progress of many countries around the world, in which it then becomes a political situation and either they reach a compromise with the affected countries, or I foresee diplomatic relationships built up over many decades down the drain.   I just don't think that even Boris (The Clown) Johnson is that stupid, or maybe he is!

On 10/2/2021 at 3:02 AM, Havenstreet1940 said:

Until I see your assertion in a written statement from the UK Government i.e Thailands vaccination programme is not approved, I will wait for an official response from The Attorney General who is the Member of Parliament for my home loction in UK..   If you have incontrivertible evidence of your assertions, please share, otherwise they are just your opinion

The proof is on the UK Government website where they list the approved programs.  All others are non-approved.  This may not meet your personal requirement of a written statement, but you don't prove a negative like this except by confirming the positive.

It's not my opinion, it's the governments policy (rightly or wrongly).

On 10/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

I agree that other governments don't trust Thailand, but generating a false certificate would be so easy.  Knock one up using publishing software, put a copied/edited certificate on Google docs and create a QR code on the certificate you carry that points to what you want to see on Google docs.

Here's a QR code I just created that points you to the list of semi commercial flights on google.  Instead of the flights info you would point it to your fake vaccine certificate and you're there.  Scan it with your phone and see.

frame.png.ced2163e44dd851a9ba08142f7e76e75.png

Edited by treetops

35 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

would not link to MOPH data base though……

But would not need to if the link directs you to the forged document stored elsewhere (the example of Google docs could be any storage accessible to all).

Scammers misdirect people all the time to website lookalikes that'll get past a quick inspection, so as long as the forged document looks like what they're expecting to see, the chances are good (IMO) that they'll get away with it.

16 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

yeah but we’re talking about govt.agencies ( Imm.) digitally checking vax certs with other govts. ( moph). same activity for validating passports. they are not going to be fooled by an indian scammer site.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I think it could be an open house for scammers if there was a market, however I imagine that market will be small.

yes, market would be incredibly small, taking us back to my original “uneconomic” judgement……….so much simpler to just get a cerified vax !

avoid jail,time if caught at border with fake covid cert…. they would throw the book at you in prevailing covid terror climate !

• 2 weeks later...
Thailand..UK Added to this list of countries and territories with Approved proof of Vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrived in England before then, you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a Vaccine Certificate to prove your Vaccination status.........Yellow C 19 Thailand Ministry of Health.Vaccination "Passport"...????

33 minutes ago, Rinrada said:
Thailand..UK Added to this list of countries and territories with Approved proof of Vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrived in England before then, you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a Vaccine Certificate to prove your Vaccination status.........Yellow C 19 Thailand Ministry of Health.Vaccination "Passport"...????
'et nomina patrus'
non potui melius me.  I think thats correct?

Tanee Sangrat, spokesman for the Foreign Affairs Ministry,said that the UK has Not imposed conditions on vaccine production locations, which means those who received two shots of Astra Zeneca vaccines made in Thailand can also enter the UK without the need for quarantine.

He said that the delisting is the result of joint efforts by several agencies including the Thai embassy in London, the Foreign Ministry and the Public Health Ministry.

• Like 1

Heading for UK..

News

UK Secretary of State for Transport Grant Shapps confirms Sunday October 24th is the date for switch to Lateral Flow Tests instead of more expensive PCR tests..for travellers returning to England ..????

Fully vaccinated travellers will be able to take a photo of their test and Upload for Verification.