Acceptance and Recognition Of Astrazeneca(Thailand) By The UK

Why not check the UK government website. Surely that is more reliable than a bunch of opinions on an internet forum?

Last time I checked 3 days ago, it said something like "must be vaccinated in the US or EU" to be classed as 'fully vaccinated'. This is for quarantine/isolation purposes. It did NOT say anything about the brand of vaccine....only about WHERE you were vaccinated.

Will theatres, etc have the same definition of fully vaccinated as UK immigration? Who knows

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Not asking 'a  bunch of opinions on the internet' but the Consular Team at the British Embassy!  

Comprehension not your strong point?

Of course you are asking opinions on the internet - as proven by the fact you just got some opinions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No news from the new British Ambassador yet, this same question was put to him just yesterday:

One of the main vaccines in Thailand is AstraZeneca. Although this has links to a British company, it is believed that the locally produced version is not recognized by the UK government. Is this true and will that situation change in the future?

The UK is taking a phased approach to opening up travel. For now, only those vaccinated in the UK, US and EU have their vaccines recognized for the purposes of being exempt from self isolation when arriving from an amber list country. We appreciate that this is frustrating and recognise that this needs to be expanded to include travellers from other locations. Work is under way in the UK to do this (including on the key issue of vaccine certification, on which there is no global standard), and I hope that things will move forward soon. 

https://expatlifeinthailand.com/expat-life/richard-barrow-interviews-h-e-mark-gooding-obe-the-british-ambassador-for-expat-life-in-thailand/

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No news from the new British Ambassador yet, this same question was put to him just yesterday:

One of the main vaccines in Thailand is AstraZeneca. Although this has links to a British company, it is believed that the locally produced version is not recognized by the UK government. Is this true and will that situation change in the future?

The UK is taking a phased approach to opening up travel. For now, only those vaccinated in the UK, US and EU have their vaccines recognized for the purposes of being exempt from self isolation when arriving from an amber list country. We appreciate that this is frustrating and recognise that this needs to be expanded to include travellers from other locations. Work is under way in the UK to do this (including on the key issue of vaccine certification, on which there is no global standard), and I hope that things will move forward soon. 

https://expatlifeinthailand.com/expat-life/richard-barrow-interviews-h-e-mark-gooding-obe-the-british-ambassador-for-expat-life-in-thailand/

Thank you for the above.  Nice to know there are mature and sensible people on this forum unlike some!

• Like 1

facebook.png twitter.png linkedin.png email.png

Picked up this Statement from Nadhim Zahawi..fio..Hope its true with usual question...WHEN? UK Patients who received their Covid vaccine Overseas will soon be asked to approach their GP to have it registered, the vaccines minister has said.

Speaking in the House of Commons  recently Nadhim Zahawi said that UK nationals vaccinated abroad will be able to ask their GP to Verify that their jab is ‘approved’ in the UK 

The vaccination will then be Registered with the NHS, enabling patients to travel to amber list countries and avoid quarantine like UK citizens who have been vaccinated by the NHS, he added.

He told MPs:  UK nationals who have been vaccinated overseas will be able to talk to their GP, go through what vaccine they have had, and have it registered with the NHS that they have been vaccinated. 

‘The reason for the conversation with the GP is to make sure that whatever vaccine they have had is approved in the United Kingdom.’

Mr Zahawi also indicated that non-British travellers who have been fully-vaccinated with a jab authorised in the UK could eventually have the same privileges.

He said: ‘Ultimately, there will be a Coordination between the World Health Organisation, ourselves, the European regulator, the US regulator and other regulators around the world.....and so...?

14 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

What a joke.

1) Many like myself no longer have a GP. I very much doubt that registration with a GP can be done from overseas.

2) The newspaper I read has been full of complaints almost daily recently of patients who have had the utmost difficulty in getting to talk to a GP by phone, never mind actually see one.

Assume you still have an NHS number so can re-register on return to UK. I have had my present GP/practice..(North London) for last 40 years and he/they know I travel a lot..and never had a problem when requesting a consultation....in person..As with bank accounts...insurance tax offices..DWP...etc...Dont burn bridges...Cheapest one way ticket from Bangkok to Blighty recently quoted by KLM...@ 150 quid..Roll on second jab...next week then ...Travel passport... Visa extension..stamp...multi re-entry and maybe..... Edinburgh for New Year..aye...

1 minute ago, Rinrada said:

Assume you still have an NHS number

I assume I don't, because I searched for it on the NHS app and it didn't recognise me. I have become a non-person as far as the NHS is concerned, just one of the ways you become a second-class citizen if you decide to live abroad.

By the way, I'm just curious, what does "et nomina patrus" signify?

18 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I assume I don't, because I searched for it on the NHS app and it didn't recognise me. I have become a non-person as far as the NHS is concerned, just one of the ways you become a second-class citizen if you decide to live abroad.

By the way, I'm just curious, what does "et nomina patrus" signify?

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti" is Latin for "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost/Spirit"... to which one would reply "Amen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti" is Latin for "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost/Spirit"... to which one would reply "Amen.

I'm well familiar with the Latin Mass, but I wondered if 'in nomin patrus' meant something else.

5 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I'm well familiar with the Latin Mass, but I wondered if 'in nomin patrus' meant something else.

Other than  the following, I cannot help,sorry;  In Nomine is a role-playing game designed by Derek Pearcy and published in 1997 by Steve Jackson Games, based on the French game In Nomine Satanis/Magna ...  

15 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

opere et omissione...yes

4 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Verbo, opere et omissione, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I am sure we could pass the day exchnging quotes,but 'she who must be obeyed wants to go shoping and needs her ATM with her!'

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

In 20 years on Thai Visa....you are only the second person to have spotted it...No nothing else..Very well done...jfio...used to be an altar boy way back when it was still in Latin...good fun but religion is not for me although enjoyed my stint as a monk in our local Wat.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I am sure we could pass the day exchnging quotes,but 'she who must be obeyed wants to go shoping and needs her ATM with her!'

I learnt many things from one paticular 'Brother' when at Boarding School.   He eventually gave up on me!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry a bit long...From the horses mouths 3 months ago....Picked up from Hansard...House of Commons Library I’ve been Vaccinated in a Foreign Country. Can I skip quarantine when entering England from an Amber country?    Answer.........For other Countries,the Transport Secretary has said Extending quarantine Free entry to Other Countries is the next ‘phase’ of the Government’s plan. When asked in the Commons chamber about Ensuring that Overseas visitors will be able to enter the United Kingdom relatively easily, he said: We are working on that as Phase 2; there are some further Complications with how to Accept different Proofs of Vaccine, but I absolutely agree with the idea that we should Accept vaccines that have been Approved by the World Health Organisation. For inbound travellers who have Not been vaccinated in the UK, Europe or the USA, the UK Government will have to Identify ways to Recognise other countries’ own Certification systems (digital or other). This might be a more Universal scheme, such as the International Air Transport Association (IATA)’s ‘TravelPass’, or individual Certifications from different countries. Michael Gove MP, told the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (PACAC) that, just as the NHS app is Based on the World Health Organisation (WHO)’s data standards for Covid Vaccination certificates, Mutual recognition of vaccination certification (digital or otherwise) by other States will likely depend on them also following WHO Data Standards.

Here are the updated requirements for vaccination to enter the UK (England);

Travel from the rest of the world if you are fully vaccinated

From 4am Monday 4 October, if you have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days:

• under an approved vaccination program in the UK, Europe, US or UK vaccine programme overseas
  • with a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea or Taiwan – mixing between two-dose vaccines (Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna) in this list is also recognised
  • under a formally approved COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial in the US, Canada and Australia and have a proof of participation (digital or paper-based) from a public health body

You must:

• book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test – to be taken after arrival in England
  • complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
  • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England

You do not need to:

• take a pre-departure test
  • take a day 8 COVID-19 test
  • quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days after you arrive in England

You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:

• forename and surname(s)
  • date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

If your document from a public health body does not include all of these, you must follow the non-vaccinated rules. If not, you may be denied boarding.

If you are fully vaccinated in the US, will also need to prove that you are a resident of the US.

If you are fully vaccinated, but do not qualify under these fully vaccinated rules, you must follow the non-vaccinated rules.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Here are the updated requirements for vaccination to enter the UK (England);

Travel from the rest of the world if you are fully vaccinated

From 4am Monday 4 October, if you have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days:

• under an approved vaccination program in the UK, Europe, US or UK vaccine programme overseas
  • with a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea or Taiwan – mixing between two-dose vaccines (Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna) in this list is also recognised
  • under a formally approved COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial in the US, Canada and Australia and have a proof of participation (digital or paper-based) from a public health body

You must:

• book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test – to be taken after arrival in England
  • complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
  • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England

You do not need to:

• take a pre-departure test
  • take a day 8 COVID-19 test
  • quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days after you arrive in England

You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:

• forename and surname(s)
  • date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

If your document from a public health body does not include all of these, you must follow the non-vaccinated rules. If not, you may be denied boarding.

If you are fully vaccinated in the US, will also need to prove that you are a resident of the US.

If you are fully vaccinated, but do not qualify under these fully vaccinated rules, you must follow the non-vaccinated rules.

This instruction applies only to countries on the Green List.   8 Countries have been moved to the Green List but Thailand is not one of them and remains on the Red List and consequently requires a stay of 11 nights in a quarntine hotel in the UK at a cost of 2250 pounds forone person plus two tests.

6 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

This instruction applies only to countries on the Green List.   8 Countries have been moved to the Green List but Thailand is not one of them and remains on the Red List and consequently requires a stay of 11 nights in a quarntine hotel in the UK at a cost of 2250 pounds forone person plus two tests.

Indeed.  But the purpose of my post was in response to the topic of this thread.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, Upnotover said:
  • full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea or Taiwan – mixing between two-dose vaccines (Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna) in this list is also recognised

My understanding from Astra Zeneca in Bangkok is that France and Germany both recognize AZ vaccinations performed in Thailand ( these countries' approval remove the possibility of any quality control difficulty.)The UK at present does not recognize AZ vaccinations performed in Thailand for reasons which are unknown.The new British Ambassador is aware of the problem but has not explained why there is an issue here nor given any kind of estimate when the issue will be resolved.

It is crazy that vaccines given in Thailand are not recognized for travel to the UK or other areas.  How do you know where the vaccine you were injected with was made and how can you verify such an item.  How do we know if the AZ vaccine we were vaccinated with was made elsewhere and not here in Thailand and even though jabbed here in Thailand does it mean that if it originated and was shipped from the UK it is still not good enough.  Boggles the mind actually. 

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is crazy that vaccines given in Thailand are not recognized for travel to the UK or other areas.  How do you know where the vaccine you were injected with was made and how can you verify such an item.  How do we know if the AZ vaccine we were vaccinated with was made elsewhere and not here in Thailand and even though jabbed here in Thailand does it mean that if it originated and was shipped from the UK it is still not good enough.  Boggles the mind actually. 

Why does it boggle the mind? It is not about the vaccine. It is because Thailand has been known for decades as the land of scams and forgeries....how easy do you think it would be to get a forged vaccination certificate?? Very easy I guess. So, from UK immigration perspective, anyone that says they were vaccinated in Thailand might have a forged certificate.

33 minutes ago, danferguson said:

Why does it boggle the mind? It is not about the vaccine. It is because Thailand has been known for decades as the land of scams and forgeries....how easy do you think it would be to get a forged vaccination certificate?? Very easy I guess. So, from UK immigration perspective, anyone that says they were vaccinated in Thailand might have a forged certificate.

So your saying that the AZ vaccines sent to Thailand Via Australia, Japan and even the UK were toyed with and changed once they arrived in Thailand is that what your trying to say?  No sure your on the same playing field with that train of thought.