covid-19 60 day extention bangkok (muang thani immigration)

Anyone have experience with their covid 60 day extension recentely?

Do you still need to go 3 days before your visa expires? I saw a post saying they changed it so you could go up to 45 days in advance of your visa expiring now.

I have TM7, STM2, TM30, passport photo, passport photocopy, TM6 (departure), 1900 baht, email from canadian embassy saying they don't issue letters about covid 60 day extensions

I came on a visa 45 day exemption, got the 30 day extension for tourism, and now im planning on going to request for a 60 day extension

The 45 days prior is for extensions to non O etc.

For covid extension go up to week or two prior. 

You have the requirements covered. There is photocopy service ground floor if you need.

Here is affidavit to sign.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54

Just to update, went today, only 10 or so people, figured I’d go a bit earlier than the last day for covid extensions, to avoid a huge line and give some time incase any complications arose. 

Easy as pie the 2nd time going. 

they had an extra form to fill out which was just an agreement for penalties if you overstay, I’m guessing some people are overstaying their visa 

Brought everything mentioned in the original post, they didn’t need the email from my embassy saying they don’t issue letters. 

was in and out within 30 minutes  

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pineappleglory said:

Anyone know if this will be the last extension?

No announcement about it yet.

But I think they will extend the order again. Until they open the country to more tourists by reducing the quarantine and/or the borders are open they will keep doing them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

I just used an agency to do this for me.Only needed my passport.After 2 days passport returned to my place of stay.Everything ok.

i was thinking of using an agent but was 10k, 

just had to print some forms, go for about 30 min, figured id save some money

On 9/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, pineappleglory said:

Anyone know if this will be the last extension? Or if they will keep issuing them? Kind of tough to plan for the 60 days money in the bank 400k afterwards if we don't know which one will be the last one.

Just to state the obvious, there is no penalty for having money in the bank longer than 60 days at the time you apply for a one-year extension. Why not go ahead and have the money deposited so it is there when needed?

Also just to update I was checking my passport today and noticed they extended my visa 60 days, they didn't just give me 60 days from the date I went 

Visa was expiring sept 20th and now it's extended to nov 19th, I went on sept 10th

12 minutes ago, pineappleglory said:

Because I don't have it yet. That's my problem..

If you do not have access to the money, I cannot see how knowing when this is going to be a major problem will help you. I guess you might be hoping to borrow the money when there is no other alternative, but in my experience only close family are likely to advance that kind of money to someone who cannot raise it any other way.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

No announcement about it yet.

But I think they will extend the order again. Until they open the country to more tourists by reducing the quarantine and/or the borders are open they will keep doing them.

Hi Joe do you know if an appointment is needed or is the system still down? Last time they trapped something to the front of my passport that said to make an appointment for my next visit. 

3 minutes ago, Phoenixsun said:

Sorry just to be clear, are you talking about muang thong thani or chang Watthana? 

Both of them are open on Saturdays.

4 minutes ago, Phoenixsun said:

I should still be going to mtt for covid extensions, correct? 

It depends upon the visa you used to enter the country. Tourist visas and others are done at CW. Visa exempt is done at MTT.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, stigar said:

I just used an agency to do this for me.Only needed my passport.After 2 days passport returned to my place of stay.Everything ok.

Which visa agency did you use?

Edited by mcmco