Thailand to launch ‘Digital Health Pass’ for domestic flights

webfact

13 hours ago, samtam said:

And for international flights? Has anyone been on an international flight and what did they use to prove their vaccination? Vaccine Passports are not recognised unless the destination country has joined the scheme, (Vaccine Passport Agreement), so not surprisingly, it seems to be a bit of a muddle.

I don't know why they need another health pass when the govt already issue a vaccine passport. 

What about those who doesn't have a smartphone or mobile internet? It really doesn't make sense.

A paper vaccine passport that can be used for both local and international flights would be more practical than a digital whatever.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I want everyone to imagine what’s going to happen the day they arrive for their flight and, for whatever reason …. And you know it’s going to happen, you can’t board because the scan somehow malfunctions. 

Tons of things can happen.... Malfunction, battery dead, no mobile internet, can't connect to govt server, forgot password to phone etc.

A more practical solution would be to use a paper vaccine passport for both local and international flights. The Thai govt is already issuing vaccine passport for international flights.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, digger70 said:

Thailand to launch ‘Digital Health Pass’ for domestic flights

Sounds pretty stupid .One gets a slip of  paper when they receive the Jabs that should be enough, why all the rigmarole .Isn't there enough BS if one wants to travel.

After some thought, i think there are those who don't want to get the vaccines or those who recovered from Covid who didn't get the jabs.

That's why the digital health pass is needed to show their status.

I could be wrong but 3 different certs are getting complex and confusing

1. Vaccination cert

2. Digital health pass

3. Covid passport

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Great for domestic flights.

I'm hoping to fly in a few months but the USA and Europe don't recognize Sinovac.

Another reason not to get anymore of this Chinese stuff.  Many countries don't recognize the swill.

I posted many times, some European countries do recognize Sinovac but not Astrazeneca produced in Thailand.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

• Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • Sweden

It is also good for 'visa runs' in the future to neighboring countries.

https://visaguide.world/news/45-world-countries-recognise-chinese-sinovac-vaccine-for-travel-amid-covid-19/

Cambodia

Laos

Malaysia

Indonesia

Philippines

Hong Kong

Singapore (Aug 10)

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Do they use the term vaccinated to describe folk with one or two shots. I can't keep up with their definition.

Vacinated = 2 shots ( or you are ,or know, somebody influential )

1 shot = small brown envelope

Zero shots = large jiffy bag.

Edited by joecoolfrog

13 hours ago, sapson said:

So for those of us having had just the first jab of AZ  for which you dont get a certificate and now waiting the 2 months for the second jab when you do get the certificate, we cant fly domestically in that waiting period, and if we dont have the Morprobs app etc etc we cant fly anyway... ludicrous.

Can't you fly with a negative Covid test too? 

21 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“It wasn’t clear what the introduction of the Digital Health Pass would mean for people who choose not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and their ability to beable to take domestic flights in Thailand.”

Proof of negative test?

Thais and apps. Given their record with immigration apps, can you imagine them trying to run this?

22 hours ago, webfact said:

It wasn’t clear what the introduction of the Digital Health Pass would mean for people who choose not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and their ability to be able to take domestic flights in Thailand. 

They never think things through...
Another project doomed to fail.

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

I posted many times, some European countries do recognize Sinovac but not Astrazeneca produced in Thailand.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

• Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • Sweden

It is also good for 'visa runs' in the future to neighboring countries.

https://visaguide.world/news/45-world-countries-recognise-chinese-sinovac-vaccine-for-travel-amid-covid-19/

Cambodia

Laos

Malaysia

Indonesia

Philippines

Hong Kong

Singapore (Aug 10)

Thats the problem.

Thats a very small sampling of countries, useless for me.

Trying to get my Thai wife vaccinated with a quality vaccine is proving difficult.

The government should have anticipated that people need quality vaccines recognized by other governments so that they could travel.

Just another hiccup in the governments thought processing of vaccine procurement

• Like 1

14 hours ago, samtam said:

Did you get your vax using your passport?

Yes.

My passport number shows up in all the other paper, app and web "certificates", including the Mor Prom + app.

I assume the passport field will populate with my passport number on the Digital Health Pass at some point?

23 hours ago, samtam said:

And for international flights? Has anyone been on an international flight and what did they use to prove their vaccination? Vaccine Passports are not recognised unless the destination country has joined the scheme, (Vaccine Passport Agreement), so not surprisingly, it seems to be a bit of a muddle.

Domestic is the key word!????

• Like 1

I just checked my Mor Prom.... My digital health cert is there, it just state 'vaccinated'.

I wish they would let people download our certificate to show because we can't be online all the time.

Not everyone pay for the mobile internet.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, bougnat said:

Since when people with a double vaccine do not transmit covid ????? While we are already talking about the third and fourth dose because the first two DO NOT WORK> ALWAYS LATE FOR A TUB !

Yes they work by keeping you out of the hospital.  Yes you can still get covid after being vaccinated.  No one ever said the vaccine will keep you from getting the virus.  Duh, where have you been for the last 9 months? 

Authorities want cake and eat it too in my estimation. Which is the norm.

1. Nobody will take responsibility for future ills possibly manifesting as a result of vaccine.

2. You are compelled to take it if you want to do basically everyday things.

Those two don’t work together. Either take responsibility it gtfo. You dontget to have both. 

54 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yes they work by keeping you out of the hospital.  Yes you can still get covid after being vaccinated.  No one ever said the vaccine will keep you from getting the virus.  Duh, where have you been for the last 9 months? 

Keeping you out of a hospital has nothing to do with transmitting it on a plane was obviously his point. 

He is probably right. If you agree with governments I am sorry but gonna have to bet against you. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, topt said:

Seems easy enough - if you live in Bangkok maybe..........:unsure:

How to get - taken at a vax centre earlier.........

1556746291_Covidpassport20210909.jpg.e6eb9b56b3f391898fe16484456c8644.jpg

"certificate from a hospital" 

My experience with BHN hospital is that it enters your covid 19 vaccinations and/or vaccination appointment dates via the Mor Prom app. After you download the app and register (ID provided by hospital) you have the same data that the so-called vaccine passport has which likely comes from the Ministry's Mor Prom's data base. I'd think the hospital would just tell you to get the Mor Prom app rather than issue a separate certificate.

The passport becomes redundant albeit with travel inconvenience to Central Bangkok and cost when traveling domestically.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:10 PM, cormanr7 said:

Indeed, for instance, the Netherlands does not recognize the Siam Bioscience produced AZ vaccine as it has not (yet?) been registered at/approved by the EMA. Officially this applies to all EU countries but in the end they can decide to overrule this.

If you got an approved AZ vaccine outside the EU, for instance one produced in South Korea (SK-...... code) and a vaccine passport with the details, after arrival you can call a number in Utrecht, make an appointment. For this you have to be a Dutch national of live in The Netherlands. Then need to go there and they will enter you in the CoronaCheck app (a digital certificate with a QR code, part of the EU DCC set-up) than can be used both domestically and other EU countries (in Dutch: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-covid-19/coronabewijs/ vaccinatiebewijs/gevaccineerd-in-het-buitenland). I assume other countries have something similar.

If you have a non-valid vaccine passport/certificate (e.g. With Thai AZ shots)  you can still travel back to Europe (at the very least to your 'home' country) subject to pre-flights test, possible quarantine on arrival (home quarantine for 10 days in the Netherlands) etc. but you may not be able to enter various venues and travel to other countries may be difficult. A list of the officially approved vaccines is shown at  https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-covid-19/nederland-inreizen/eisen-vaccinatiebewijs-voor-reizigers-naar-nederland. Should be an English version somewhere. Interestingly, unlike AZ produced in Thailand, Malaysia and some other places, Sinovac and Sinopharm seem OK. 

Morale: check very carefully what rules are applicable for your destination country and if they have an Embassy/consulate in Thailand call them. 

looks like a travellers minefield !!

On 9/9/2021 at 3:07 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

I understand that their are others but we went to the health clinic directly opposite the Suriwong Book centre on Sridonchai Road. SE corner of the moat.

Location is the Nankornping Hospital Tuberculosis Center across from Suriwong bookstore Sridonchai Rd. a bit  more descriptive.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:43 AM, mtls2005 said:

Yes.

My passport number shows up in all the other paper, app and web "certificates", including the Mor Prom + app.

I assume the passport field will populate with my passport number on the Digital Health Pass at some point?

My passport number now shows up in my Mor Prom+ Digital Health Pass