Thailand to launch ‘Digital Health Pass’ for domestic flights

webfact

1 minute ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Did you have to make an appointment? Or just walk up with vaccine certificate/details?

Walk in. There is a car park to rear. Two desks open, you need the office directly facing the road. Think we only took passport and the bit of paper you get after second jab.

Incidentally if you scan the QR code you get on the paper after the second jab in to Line you also get a snazzy version of your vaccination records

1 minute ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Walk in. There is a car park to rear. Two desks open, you need the office directly facing the road. Think we only took passport and the bit of paper you get after second jab.

Incidentally if you scan the QR code you get on the paper after the second jab in to Line you also get a snazzy version of your vaccination records

Much appreciated for this information.

4 hours ago, samtam said:

I'm wondering about EXIT from Thailand. What do you have to show to the airline check-in for proof of vaccination?

That's up to the airline and/or your destination country and in some cases anywhere that your transit through - its not up to Thailand. Some countries will require you to be vaccinated or provide a negative PCR test within x hours of departure, some will only allow those who are fully vaccinated to enter.

As yet there is no internationally agreed 'Vaccine Passport' - hopefully things will get easier when one is introduced.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That's up to the airline and/or your destination country and in some cases anywhere that your transit through - its not up to Thailand. Some countries will require you to be vaccinated or provide a negative PCR test within x hours of departure, some will only allow those who are fully vaccinated to enter.

As yet there is no internationally agreed 'Vaccine Passport' - hopefully things will get easier when one is introduced.

So if the airline in Thailand accepts your proof of vaccination when you check in at BKK, and when you arrive at destination they reject your proof of vaccination, will they deport you? I think there must be co-ordination between the airline carrying you upon departure, and the country of destination.

4 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

You can be old school and get a vaccine passport for 50 Baht. Nice little paper book with name, passport number and vaccination details on it. As it is issued by the govt. should be good enough for domestic check in. Most of my jabbed ferang mates have them.

I just got my second jab and told to get a passport you required vaccination certificate. Passport and flight tickets and 50 baht

4 hours ago, samtam said:

What does a "Vaccination Certification" look like? I have dose 1 on my Mor Prom app, and after dose 2, I will get a digital certificate, (which if necessary, I could print out). Is that it?

Also, my understanding is that the COE is for ENTRY into Thailand. I'm wondering about EXIT from Thailand. What do you have to show to the airline check-in for proof of vaccination? Would it be the Mor Prom digital/hard copy certificate? What have travellers exiting Thailand had to show? (I'm assuming if what you show is accepted at check-in here, and you board the flight, you are not going to have an issue at your destination, upon arrival.)

just covid test

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adam1 said:

if both the vaxxed and unvaxxed can get and transmit covid, what is the point of a vax pass ? 

It would mean that if you did happen to contract Covid in a venue, the likelihood is that you will not need hospitalization. Important for venues.....

So for those of us having had just the first jab of AZ  for which you dont get a certificate and now waiting the 2 months for the second jab when you do get the certificate, we cant fly domestically in that waiting period, and if we dont have the Morprobs app etc etc we cant fly anyway... ludicrous.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, samtam said:

So if the airline in Thailand accepts your proof of vaccination when you check in at BKK, and when you arrive at destination they reject your proof of vaccination, will they deport you? I think there must be co-ordination between the airline carrying you upon departure, and the country of destination.

No, you will not be allowed to board if you don't meet the requirements of the airline, your destination country and any country you will transit through.

Its much the same as with other entry requirements - its the responsibility of the airline to check you meet the requirements.

I can't say what will happen if someone 'slips through the net' due to incorrect Covid documentation but in past cases where there has bee a visa irregularity, the airline has had to re-patriate the traveller and also faces a fine.

And yes, there is communication between the airlines and country authorities - from what I've seen so far, check in desks in Thailand are actually asking for more than is required.  For example: when Thailand was on the UK Amber List, the UK authorities required travellers to book their Day 2 and Day 8 PCR tests online and show a booking confirmation at check in.  Some airlines were reportedly also asking for the payment receipt for those tests.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, adam1 said:

if both the vaxxed and unvaxxed can get and transmit covid, what is the point of a vax pass ? 

The point is: comply pleb. 

Have you ever noticed for example when dealing with police officers, they will invariably give you some nonsensical directive to, “move ten feet back”, even though if you were standing ten feet back in the first place he would have said it anyway? Seriously this is a thing.

Thats what this <deleted> is. “Comply, we own you.” This breeds loyalty and does away with dissonance. 

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Anything digital for proof will be a no no for me, I'm old school, no one can hack my papers as proof of being vaccinated, take it or leave it.

Sorry, your details are already in the Mor Prom App database, just cause you don't use it, doesn't mean much. Your just as venerable to a data breach as the next guy. 

• Thanks 1

This selection has always been part of the Mor Prom + app.

Up until today mine just displayed a message like "coming soon", but today it does have some information: My name , passport field is blank. Vaccination Status: Vaccinated, Covid test result: Data not found (I've never had a Covid test). And a QR code which when scanned provides a link to my vaccination details on the MoPH site.

It (the Digital Health Pass screen) looks just like the rendering in the OP.

morpomplus.png

35 minutes ago, sapson said:

So for those of us having had just the first jab of AZ  for which you dont get a certificate and now waiting the 2 months for the second jab when you do get the certificate, we cant fly domestically in that waiting period

Have they actually said that yet? I think that at the moment its just your details being made available.

5 hours ago, samtam said:

What does a "Vaccination Certification" look like? I have dose 1 on my Mor Prom app, and after dose 2, I will get a digital certificate, (which if necessary, I could print out). Is that it?

You receive a paper certificate after the second shot - it is in english and Thai and contains your info (name, dob, passport number, etc.) and shot details (when, which jab, where jabbed).  The same certificate is uploaded to Mor Prom as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wabel said:

I just got my second jab and told to get a passport you required vaccination certificate. Passport and flight tickets and 50 baht

After jab 2 you get a piece of paper with a QR code on it. You need that and your passport. I only know where to go in Chiang Mai. If you say you are not travelling yet no flight details needed. Collect one week later and pay 50 Baht.

If you scan the same QR code in to line you will also get a digital copy of your jabs but not sure what this can be used for.

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

For domestic foreign passengers quite useless - 100% in Thai language, unless you can read and write Thai of course.

Ironic, it is actually your post that is quite useless - the digital health pass is in both english and thai.  Looking at it right now, after having received my 2nd jab only yesterday, and it is already updated.  

I have a farang Thai teacher who speaks, reads, and writes Thai fluently. Been in Thailand for 27 years now. She got vaccinated and was showing me this app. HOWEVER, it was not available in English. At all. So how will this work for farangs? She had a lot of difficulty using it as well. 

4 hours ago, adam1 said:

It’s never been about health but about control. Do what we say or you will be punished. So how many of the double jabbed people can travel to Israel?  They are rolling out shot number 4. I have yet to see any health minister come on and say lose some of the weight. After 1.5 years the fat people could be in amazing shape. 

https://bestlifeonline.com/news-covid-obesity/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I have a farang Thai teacher who speaks, reads, and writes Thai fluently. Been in Thailand for 27 years now. She got vaccinated and was showing me this app. HOWEVER, it was not available in English. At all. So how will this work for farangs? She had a lot of difficulty using it as well. 

The certificate is in both English and Thai. Installing the app is in Thai only. Once that's done, you can click on the certificate icon.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

With any luck this is going to another one of these things which after a great deal of fanfare, announcements and load of vinyl posters it all goes quiet and nothing is enforced. 

I already foresee and issue whereby those who are fully vaccinated overseas cannot get there vaccines approved locally with the 'digital health pass’ and we may see a situation where people who’ve entered Thailand via the Sandbox on the basis of being vaccinated being refused air-travel because they don’t have the ‘digital health pass’... 

This. I have an internal flight following ASQ in 8 weeks time. I won't have the digital health pass unless it is able to recognise Scottish NHS vaccine status QR code / letters. I'll leave off booking the flight and continue to monitor the position.

Plan B would be a 10 hour drive which is painful.

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

And those without a smartphone?????

Probably have to purchase one,I would assume!  They'll probably make that another requirement, just like tests ! Another covid revenue scheme imop

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This selection has always been part of the Mor Prom + app.

Up until today mine just displayed a message like "coming soon", but today it does have some information: My name , passport field is blank. Vaccination Status: Vaccinated, Covid test result: Data not found (I've never had a Covid test). And a QR code which when scanned provides a link to my vaccination details on the MoPH site.

It (the Digital Health Pass screen) looks just like the rendering in the OP.

morpomplus.png

Did you get your vax using your passport? (I registered using Thai ID, but somehow the hospital converged that registration with their own, using my passport, which resulted in me having to call the hospital to get the Vax ID); I've only had the first jab, so I can't get a certificate yet, but obviously it would be useful if it showed my passport number, when travelling internationally.

Edited by samtam