Thailand to launch ‘Digital Health Pass’ for domestic flights

webfact

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Last week - part of the CoE process was to submit the Vaccination Certification. 

The Vaccine Certification along with all other documents were required at Check-In.

IATA have a ‘Travel Pass’ which they are trying to push - It would make sense for every country to adopt an internationally recognised ‘format’ or App, but each country is still going to want its ‘own version’.

What does a "Vaccination Certification" look like? I have dose 1 on my Mor Prom app, and after dose 2, I will get a digital certificate, (which if necessary, I could print out). Is that it?

Also, my understanding is that the COE is for ENTRY into Thailand. I'm wondering about EXIT from Thailand. What do you have to show to the airline check-in for proof of vaccination? Would it be the Mor Prom digital/hard copy certificate? What have travellers exiting Thailand had to show? (I'm assuming if what you show is accepted at check-in here, and you board the flight, you are not going to have an issue at your destination, upon arrival.)

Edited by samtam

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I already foresee and issue whereby those who are fully vaccinated overseas cannot get there vaccines approved locally with the 'digital health pass’ and we may see a situation where people who’ve entered Thailand via the Sandbox on the basis of being vaccinated being refused air-travel because they don’t have the ‘digital health pass’... 

That's going to be troublesome, in both directions. I'm in the process of getting vaccinated in Thailand, so the Thai certificate won't be a problem for me. But back home, the EU's version of a digital health pass is needed to visit restaurants and such, and it remains to be seen if/how I'll be able to get that when traveling there. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Launching soon! 

Actually properly functioning and reliable...NEVER. ????

If it's anything like the up and down, works for you but not for me 90 day IM report solution it will be hell on earth trying to board domestic flights. 

2 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

You can be old school and get a vaccine passport for 50 Baht.

Seems easy enough - if you live in Bangkok maybe..........:unsure:

How to get - taken at a vax centre earlier.........

1556746291_Covidpassport20210909.jpg.e6eb9b56b3f391898fe16484456c8644.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Mor Prom app will be expanded to include the vaccination data and COVID-19 status of passengers who take domestic flights.

Hope the security system is up to scratch, if this ever gets hacked or crashes there's gonna be a lot of disgruntled people out there.

3 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Got ours in Chiang Mai. You do not need a flight ticket, just say you live here and want it for a later date.

Thanks - but where did you get it from as I think all the listed locations (from my picture) are in Bangkok or close to?

4 minutes ago, topt said:

Thanks - but where did you get it from as I think all the listed locations (from my picture) are in Bangkok or close to?

I understand that their are others but we went to the health clinic directly opposite the Suriwong Book centre on Sridonchai Road. SE corner of the moat.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would make sense for every country to adopt an internationally recognised ‘format’ or App, but each country is still going to want its ‘own version’.

F the App solution. Loose your phone, dead battery, or what every then you are lost in space. & "NO COE" should be the battle cry.

• Like 2

I’m on a retirement extension and was vaccinated with Pfizer in the US before returning to Phuket as a sandboxer. I uploaded my CDC card for my COE and that was fine. 

Even though Thailand has proof of my vaccination, I’m confident the designers of this new app will not factor in these kinds of situations when developing the app. 

• Like 1