Thailand to launch ‘Digital Health Pass’ for domestic flights

webfact

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

That's going to be troublesome, in both directions. I'm in the process of getting vaccinated in Thailand, so the Thai certificate won't be a problem for me. But back home, the EU's version of a digital health pass is needed to visit restaurants and such, and it remains to be seen if/how I'll be able to get that when traveling there. 

Indeed, for instance, the Netherlands does not recognize the Siam Bioscience produced AZ vaccine as it has not (yet?) been registered at/approved by the EMA. Officially this applies to all EU countries but in the end they can decide to overrule this.

If you got an approved AZ vaccine outside the EU, for instance one produced in South Korea (SK-...... code) and a vaccine passport with the details, after arrival you can call a number in Utrecht, make an appointment. For this you have to be a Dutch national of live in The Netherlands. Then need to go there and they will enter you in the CoronaCheck app (a digital certificate with a QR code, part of the EU DCC set-up) than can be used both domestically and other EU countries (in Dutch: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-covid-19/coronabewijs/ vaccinatiebewijs/gevaccineerd-in-het-buitenland). I assume other countries have something similar.

If you have a non-valid vaccine passport/certificate (e.g. With Thai AZ shots)  you can still travel back to Europe (at the very least to your 'home' country) subject to pre-flights test, possible quarantine on arrival (home quarantine for 10 days in the Netherlands) etc. but you may not be able to enter various venues and travel to other countries may be difficult. A list of the officially approved vaccines is shown at  https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/coronavirus-covid-19/nederland-inreizen/eisen-vaccinatiebewijs-voor-reizigers-naar-nederland. Should be an English version somewhere. Interestingly, unlike AZ produced in Thailand, Malaysia and some other places, Sinovac and Sinopharm seem OK. 

Morale: check very carefully what rules are applicable for your destination country and if they have an Embassy/consulate in Thailand call them. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This should be interesting.  They can not even keep a simple immigration data base safe from hackers.... 

What about foreign residents who dont have Mor Phrom. How do we need to board?

3 minutes ago, Pabs said:

Is this going to be mandatory, does everyone need to have a vaccine passport? Was thinking of re-locating back to Thailand but seems like its just as tyrannical as Australia.

I'm with you in asking this. I live here, but can't have any vaccine again (as per doctor's orders). Am I screwed now? Looking at Mexico or South America now for our family. Sad. We've been here full time for 6 years now, and made a life here.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, adam1 said:

if both the vaxxed and unvaxxed can get and transmit covid, what is the point of a vax pass ? 

Vaccinated individuals are much less likely to be carriers, though certainly not impossible.

It is all a numbers game.

The passports also will have any test history, so "super spreaders" are less likely.

No guarantees.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm with you in asking this. I live here, but can't have any vaccine again (as per doctor's orders). Am I screwed now?

That depends on how sensible Thailand is in this regard.  In some other countries that have vaccine requirements for this and that, the fully vaccinated AND those with proof that they are medically unable to be vaccinated are allowed to participate. Don't panic this is all still relalatively new and I'd guess that Thailand will copy what other countries are doing.

4 hours ago, topt said:

Seems easy enough - if you live in Bangkok maybe..........:unsure:

How to get - taken at a vax centre earlier.........

1556746291_Covidpassport20210909.jpg.e6eb9b56b3f391898fe16484456c8644.jpg

Funny. They tell you where to get it but provide no addresses, or a floor or room number in the case of the airport. As always in Thailand, they have to add a layer (or more) of complication.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

That depends on how sensible Thailand is in this regard.  In some other countries that have vaccine requirements for this and that, the fully vaccinated AND those with proof that they are medically unable to be vaccinated are allowed to participate. Don't panic this is all still relalatively new and I'd guess that Thailand will copy what other countries are doing.

I sincerely hope so. Otherwise this is going to be a major hurdle, no matter where I go. Thanks for the positive words.

25 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm with you in asking this. I live here, but can't have any vaccine again (as per doctor's orders). Am I screwed now? Looking at Mexico or South America now for our family. Sad. We've been here full time for 6 years now, and made a life here.

Yes, you are.

Furthermore, not many countries (if any) will allow you to travel there without a double dose, full stop.  

In my country too, if you don't have a vaccine you don't fly, no matter what the cause.  The only exception is children under 12 with their parents, fully masked, etc.  

The whole world is going this way.  This is a like it or not scenario.  It may change once the pandemic eases but we've got a long long long ways to go before that.  The WHO is recommending against all booster shots until sometime in 2022 and that's when 40 percent of the population of the world will have one dose.  So wrapping my head around this, we have years and years to go yet.

I hope that you will be cleared to get a vaccine soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I have a farang Thai teacher who speaks, reads, and writes Thai fluently. Been in Thailand for 27 years now. She got vaccinated and was showing me this app. HOWEVER, it was not available in English. At all. So how will this work for farangs? She had a lot of difficulty using it as well. 

For setup just use google translate.  Data uploaded to the app is in both Thai and English - see attached.  08CF005C-C1F9-48F4-9C35-FC15B17170D6.thumb.jpeg.a6016696a3b8896ba8c248684cb213ad.jpegIt is really not that difficult at all, don’t make a mountain out of a molehill

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Means empty planes. ~ 15% fully vaccinated in Thailand.

I know it's just incredible how much further there is to go.  And with three doses sounding like being a requirement, it'll be a long time yet.  Maybe another year till things settle down?  I hope that the next variant is less virulent and a sense of normalcy will happen soon.

2 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Yes, you are.

Furthermore, not many countries (if any) will allow you to travel there without a double dose, full stop.  

In my country too, if you don't have a vaccine you don't fly, no matter what the cause.  The only exception is children under 12 with their parents, fully masked, etc.  

The whole world is going this way.  This is a like it or not scenario.  It may change once the pandemic eases but we've got a long long long ways to go before that.  The WHO is recommending against all booster shots until sometime in 2022 and that's when 40 percent of the population of the world will have one dose.  So wrapping my head around this, we have years and years to go yet.

I hope that you will be cleared to get a vaccine soon.

Thanks. But I will never be cleared. Every vaccine I've had causes anaphylaxis, or paralysis, or seizures or all. No vaccine will be approved for me. My daughter is the same. She almost died after HPV shot. I almost died after a flu shot. Cannot take the chance. There needs to be consideration for people like us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Thanks. But I will never be cleared. Every vaccine I've had causes anaphylaxis, or paralysis, or seizures or all. No vaccine will be approved for me. My daughter is the same. She almost died after HPV shot. I almost died after a flu shot. Cannot take the chance. There needs to be consideration for people like us.

There are moves to allow positive anti-body certificates.......the slight draw back being you have to contract the disease!!!

22 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Yes, you are.

That is simply not true.  As I said in an earlier reply, this is all new and countries are still working out their strategies.  There may be some countries that will only allow the fully vaccinated to enter but others have a requirement to EITHER be fully vaccinated or prove you are medically unable to be.  There are also some that have an option - either fully vaccinated or a negative PCR test.

In the UK for example, those who are medically exempt can also participate in some activities that would otherwise require proof of vaccination.

As well as showing vaccination status, the NHS app can also be used to show negative PCR or lateral flow test results (which will be valid for up to 48 hours after the result), and positive PCR test results (which will be valid for up to 180
days after the result). This will enable those who cannot receive a vaccination to still use the app to demonstrate a reduced risk of transmission. This feature – showing negative or positive test results – is only available through the app and not through the paper version of the NHS Covid pass.

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-9203/CBP-9203.pdf

Doom and gloom is not the way to go - give it time.

Edited by KhaoYai

7 hours ago, samtam said:

What does a "Vaccination Certification" look like? I have dose 1 on my Mor Prom app, and after dose 2, I will get a digital certificate, (which if necessary, I could print out). Is that it?

When I got my second shot earlier this week at Phyathai II hospital in BKK via an original Intervac site registration, I was given a single sheet piece of paper titled Vaccination Certificate with all my personal info including passport number and the dates, locations and type of vaccines I'd received.

Up in the top right corner of that sheet is a big QR code symbol that when anyone scans it, it pulls up your vaccination history/info direct from the MoPH database all on a nice little single screen view with all the essential details... So anyone can use that QR code to confirm that the certificate paper you're showing them, or even a scan of it, is legit.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, samtam said:

So if the airline in Thailand accepts your proof of vaccination when you check in at BKK, and when you arrive at destination they reject your proof of vaccination, will they deport you? I think there must be co-ordination between the airline carrying you upon departure, and the country of destination.

The common sense thing to do is to let things iron out before you plan to travel internationally ! I think the airlines will sort it all out before you fly . Making sure you have the correct papers before they let you fly

Edited by riclag

7 hours ago, samtam said:

What does a "Vaccination Certification" look like? I have dose 1 on my Mor Prom app, and after dose 2, I will get a digital certificate, (which if necessary, I could print out). Is that it?

Also, my understanding is that the COE is for ENTRY into Thailand. I'm wondering about EXIT from Thailand. What do you have to show to the airline check-in for proof of vaccination? Would it be the Mor Prom digital/hard copy certificate? What have travellers exiting Thailand had to show? (I'm assuming if what you show is accepted at check-in here, and you board the flight, you are not going to have an issue at your destination, upon arrival.)

You show the vaccination pass/ certificate from whatever country you were vaccinated in. Digital, but I always have a print out with me. If you fly , just do a PCR test too. Much safer.    Certain countries like the UK, you also have to do a PCR test , ordered and paid for online before you land. Then on the second day of your stay you self test at home and send off the swab box.( even if you’re British!).              

And yes, when you are fully vaccinated you’ll get it digitally or , and paper form. In EU we need it all the time for shopping malls, restaurants, bars, anywhere where there’s public.

45 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I got my second shot earlier this week at Phyathai II hospital in BKK via an original Intervac site registration, I was given a single sheet piece of paper titled Vaccination Certificate with all my personal info including passport number and the dates, locations and type of vaccines I'd received.

Up in the top right corner of that sheet is a big QR code symbol that when anyone scans it, it pulls up your vaccination history/info direct from the MoPH database all on a nice little single screen view with all the essential details... So anyone can use that QR code to confirm that the certificate paper you're showing them, or even a scan of it, is legit.

Sounds promising, so I hope it works that way.

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

The common sense thing to do is to let things iron out before you plan to travel internationally ! I think the airlines will sort it all out before you fly . Making sure you have the correct papers before they let you fly

Yes, of course I would prefer not to travel for another year (it's 2 1/2 since I last left Bangkok), but I do have a a time related issue which I need to sort out before the end of the year, which requires me to travel internationally. The opportunities to do so have gone from good to better to worse, and may become impossible again. Believe me, I would prefer to wait until things sort themselves out, as the hassle is immense, and the cost huge, (USD25k to Hong Kong and back with the 5 week's of quarantine).

28 minutes ago, geisha said:

You show the vaccination pass/ certificate from whatever country you were vaccinated in. Digital, but I always have a print out with me. If you fly , just do a PCR test too. Much safer.    Certain countries like the UK, you also have to do a PCR test , ordered and paid for online before you land. Then on the second day of your stay you self test at home and send off the swab box.( even if you’re British!).              

And yes, when you are fully vaccinated you’ll get it digitally or , and paper form. In EU we need it all the time for shopping malls, restaurants, bars, anywhere where there’s public.

I'm not sure whether the Thai digital record is internationally accepted yet. 

7 hours ago, adam1 said:

if both the vaxxed and unvaxxed can get and transmit covid, what is the point of a vax pass ? 

Exactly !!   It does not show if you prove positive for Covid-19 for boarding an aircraft or any means of travel !  Only thing that would indicate being positive is Rapid Antigen Test .  

10 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Exactly !!   It does not show if you prove positive for Covid-19 for boarding an aircraft or any means of travel !  Only thing that would indicate being positive is Rapid Antigen Test .  

It is called minimizing risk since it is impossible to eliminate risk.

22 minutes ago, samtam said:

Sounds promising, so I hope it works that way.

Yes, of course I would prefer not to travel for another year (it's 2 1/2 since I last left Bangkok), but I do have a a time related issue which I need to sort out before the end of the year, which requires me to travel internationally. The opportunities to do so have gone from good to better to worse, and may become impossible again. Believe me, I would prefer to wait until things sort themselves out, as the hassle is immense, and the cost huge, (USD25k to Hong Kong and back with the 5 week's of quarantine).

I'm not sure whether the Thai digital record is internationally accepted yet. 

There are no universal digital records yet… for any country. Each country has their own except the EU where some member countries are sharing with each other. It is still a work in progress.

Great for domestic flights.

I'm hoping to fly in a few months but the USA and Europe don't recognize Sinovac.

Another reason not to get anymore of this Chinese stuff.  Many countries don't recognize the swill.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, samtam said:

And for international flights? Has anyone been on an international flight and what did they use to prove their vaccination? Vaccine Passports are not recognised unless the destination country has joined the scheme, (Vaccine Passport Agreement), so not surprisingly, it seems to be a bit of a muddle.

You are given a vaccination record card. Simple and it has your hospital number so no one can hack it

• Like 1