Vaccine passport

EricTh

36 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I wonder if you can get this paper when vaccinated already in your home country.

I wonder whether it can be used for local flights within Thailand itself. It doesn't make sense to have two types of passport one for local and one for international.

The officer that I asked doesn't seem to be sure either.

Edited by EricTh

And i find it strange that you need prove for travelling abroad , why not just deliver the passport  anyway if vaccinated (unless specifics are needed about the kind of travelling ...?).

Should win time in case later traveling as already enough test certificates to obtain at that moment 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I wonder whether it can be used for local flights within Thailand itself. It doesn't make sense to have two types of passport one for local and one for international.

The officer that I asked doesn't seem to be sure either.

For local flights they are using the Mor Phrom app. Just download and enter your vacc' 13 digit  number.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

So the wife called the CDC and CPC numbers shown in the flyer for this thread.  You do not need any kind of travel information in order to get the Covid-19 Passport.  We are going tomorrow morning in person to see if can get it immediately and will report back.

From my experience over the last week you can bypass the travel details bit but not the 5 Working days if you have no details.

If you had travel details for an immediate departure that might be different  and maybe they would issue there and then but as I did not need it immediately myself I did not ask that question.

2 hours ago, fangless said:

Just got mine yesterday from the one opposite Suriwong Bookshop. 

Applied last Thursday, appointment/receipt of application said come back one week later, yesterday.  Had a struggle to get him to understand that I had no flight details at the moment as I needed the passport now in case of emergency.  Eventually another bloke with better English than my Thai came over, wrote some things in the travel details section and accepted my application.

Turned up yesterday to the same window, showed appointment/receipt told to go to window 6 to pay my 50 baht then to office 10 to get the passport.  It took over two hours in total as two people ahead of me had problems with their paperwork.  It took longer yesterday to get the passport than it took to get the two jabs.

Note the office is closed 1200-1300 for lunch.

My experience was different, I had to pay 50 baht first during the time of application. Maybe mine was done at the head office on Suthep Road.

Why didn't you speak English instead of Thai if he couldn't understand your Thai?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

My experience was different, I had to pay 50 baht first during the time of application. Maybe mine was done at the head office on Suthep Road.

I offered the 50Baht first time but he said no - pay next week.

If one has received the Pfizer vaccine at the Promenada recently, wouldn't one receive a "vaccine passport" or something resembling proof of vaccination after receiving the 2nd shot?  I'll be getting my 2nd shot in a couple of weeks and just wondering what documentation they will provide. 

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

It is better to apply early instead of applying when everybody wants to apply at the same time.

Since everyone is following your advice as usual it is now better to wait and signup later after the “Eric Rush”.  Crowds were terrible this morning

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

If one has received the Pfizer vaccine at the Promenada recently, wouldn't one receive a "vaccine passport" or something resembling proof of vaccination after receiving the 2nd shot?  I'll be getting my 2nd shot in a couple of weeks and just wondering what documentation they will provide. 

They will give you a vaccination certificate after your 2nd shot on the same day. 

However, if you need to travel outside Thailand (which most expats need), then you need to get another document called 'vaccine passport' from another place and not the hospital that gave you the jab.

These are two different documents, I know it's kinda confusing.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

"For those who want to travel outside Thailand and then come back into Thailand again, you need a vaccine passport."

Has this been printed in the official gazette? 

I've never heard this; the whole point of quarantining on arrival would be a farce if this were true. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"For those who want to travel outside Thailand and then come back into Thailand again, you need a vaccine passport."

Has this been printed in the official gazette? 

I've never heard this; the whole point of quarantining on arrival would be a farce if this were true. 

I think it's only for those who were vaccinated inside Thailand.

I would think that if one were fully vaccinated, there won't be a quarantine. 

Quarantine is only for those who are not vaccinated.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/thailand-backs-vaccine-certificate-proposal/

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Quarantine is only for those who are not vaccinated.

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/thailand-backs-vaccine-certificate-proposal/

Not true - as your link states. Only Phuket

On July 1st, travelers to Phuket could avoid quarantine if they could provide proof of full vaccination.

The third part of the plan is to allow visitors to the remaining 5 pilot provinces to forgo quarantine if fully vaccinated from October 2021.

It is still September

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Not true - as your link states. Only Phuket

On July 1st, travelers to Phuket could avoid quarantine if they could provide proof of full vaccination.

The third part of the plan is to allow visitors to the remaining 5 pilot provinces to forgo quarantine if fully vaccinated from October 2021.

It is still September

We are talking about the future, most of us only got vaccinated in Aug 2021

1 Oct is very near.

• Like 2

The process of getting the shots I will give kudos to Thai authorities for making it effective and somewhat efficient…

the process of obtaining the vaccine passport has become a circus…reverting back to old expectations 

lack of organizing and planning to make it customer friendly 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The process of getting the shots I will give kudos to Thai authorities for making it effective and somewhat efficient…

the process of obtaining the vaccine passport has become a circus…reverting back to old expectations 

lack of organizing and planning to make it customer friendly 

Why is it a lack of planning? It was quite easy and there's no queue.

• Like 2