Vaccine passport

EricTh

1 hour ago, falang1969 said:

Can someone put up a map of where to get these "passports", rather than some bookshop?

Would be appreciated.

The place just up and opposite Gekko Restaurant?

Good news  Thailand OFF the red list yes,

5 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Can someone put up a map of where to get these "passports", rather than some bookshop?

Would be appreciated.

Yes it is just up the road from Gekko.

Suriwong bookshop is one of the largest bookshops in CM and is easily found on Google maps.  Just start typing SUR and up comes the bookshop.

6 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Would be appreciated.

Nakornping Hospital - Outpatient Extension

Across the road from Suriwong Book Centre

Google maps

7 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Would be appreciated.

There is the main office near Chiang Mai university at the intersection of Nimman road and Suthep road. It is right at the corner, you can't miss it.

It is called Chiang Mai Public Health Office.

Edited by EricTh

I am not so sure you should count on the WHO vaccine book. At least for Norway this is not proof of covid vaccination at the current time. I would think it is the same for the whole EU. 

The reason is lack of security. It is too easy to falsify. 

4 hours ago, godonnet said:

I am not so sure you should count on the WHO vaccine book. At least for Norway this is not proof of covid vaccination at the current time. I would think it is the same for the whole EU. 

The reason is lack of security. It is too easy to falsify. 

Not looking to argue, just curious where you are getting this information?  Considering the info in the WHO vaccine booklet is the same as the Thai certificate (including the hospital stamp since the hospital is who fills it out) from the hospital here and frankly the certificate is much easier to fake.  Of course I have the original certificate from the hospital as well.

Edited by kurtmartens
more info

14 hours ago, falang1969 said:

A double Pfizer jab is NOW acceptable to the UK!

Pfizer has always been acceptable to the UK.  I think the issue was Thailand being a red list country - which I think Thailand just came off of?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Not looking to argue, just curious where you are getting this information?  Considering the info in the WHO vaccine booklet is the same as the Thai certificate (including the hospital stamp since the hospital is who fills it out) from the hospital here and frankly the certificate is much easier to fake.  Of course I have the original certificate from the hospital as well.

Think OP was referring to the present lack of reciprocal agreement to accept vaccine certificates between Norway and Thailand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

Are they doing the 2nd shots at the Promenade?  I had my 2nd at McCormick, because they were doing the 1st jabs at the mall.  

We got our second Pfizer shots at the Prom on Thursday 30 th. Sept.early...Afterwards went to NKP and registered for the PP.Was told only had 150 left so move..Came back to Promenada for a bucket of KFC (spicy) to take home to family and by that time the Vacs session was over with the final tally...count of 503. posted ..for said mornings session. Picked up ou 2 x yellow books yesterday at NKP.....then Thai lunch at Central Airport P...very quiet...some bank transfers..buy some medical equipment blood sugar test kits..etc...then home  to check with our builders working on friends house..small pickup repaired ..water circulation flush out and then to shop ....until 9.pm..With Thailand now on Green List ...all in all a good day..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Not open on Saturday/Sunday and public holidays, just like any other government office.
Be aware, actual lunchbreak is 11:30 until 13:00!
There is also no copyshop in the immediate vicinity, so do bring copies of everything with you.
There is an informal queueing system made out of handwritten numbers on a paper spike in place.
In case you are not able to pick up the finished passport by yourself, the collector needs to bring either your passport or a power of attorney (in Thai, filled out by you) with him.
It does sound a bit over the top, but these were the demands made by the officer during my visit.
The fee of 50Baht is collected on the day of passport retrieval.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 4:36 PM, chesterubi1 said:

Has anyone used these vaccination passports to leave the country. Or more importantly, has anyone left the country without one. Just want to clarify if this is a legal requirement when flying out of or in to Thailand.

wondering the same. going to USA next month and wondering if this yellow book is needed for it. 

This is layer upon layer of processing.

If you were vaccinated overseas you had to prove it to enter the country. If you were vaccinated locally they registered it.

Both events are in a computer somewhere that immigration could look at. Why add layers to that?

• Confused 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, tigerbeer said:

wondering the same. going to USA next month and wondering if this yellow book is needed for it. 

Nope.  Arrived 2 (?) weeks ago in Boston.  Had that book and the A4 page from McCormick.  They looked at the A4 page in Bangkok when I was checking in for the international flight with JAL and when I was in Japan I signed the CDC declaration and that was that.  Customs / Immigration at Logan stamped me home and didn't ask for anything else.  

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, kurtmartens said:

Nope.  Arrived 2 (?) weeks ago in Boston.  Had that book and the A4 page from McCormick.  They looked at the A4 page in Bangkok when I was checking in for the international flight with JAL and when I was in Japan I signed the CDC declaration and that was that.  Customs / Immigration at Logan stamped me home and didn't ask for anything else.  

So what's the use of this vaccine passport aside from giving revenue to the Thai government?

• Like 1

So EricTH, the fact that the Boston US immigration is dilatory in checking on the vaccination status of arrivals is no condemnation of the need for careful management of inbound people. If the US is you model for a well managed handling of the pandemic then you are very short sighted. No country should allow unchecked entry because it reduces the chances of further spread of the virus. Thailand maybe be overzealous in your view but this country is run by xenophobes and control freaks so we should not be surprised.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, chesterubi1 said:

So, left Thailand last week and no one even hinted that they wanted an International Vaccine Passport. I think something being touted by the Ministry of Public Health, but just a way to make money. 

Which country did you enter? Which paper did you show as vaccination proof?

• Like 1

There is a news article on Bangkok Post dated 26 Nov 2021 stating that we can download the vaccine passports in our Mor Prom in the future. 

The article is confusing readers because it mixed the two different terms together i.e vaccine passport and vaccine certificate.

We already can view our vaccine certificate in our Mor Prom app. So this should be called e-vaccine passport.

Edited by EricTh