Vaccine passport

EricTh

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Office opposite Suriwong Bookshop.

Anyone have opening times?

Thank you.

Government office time at around 8:30 am. They close for 1 hour lunch at around 12 pm or 12:30 pm ,Can't remember the exact time.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, fangless said:

From my experience over the last week you can bypass the travel details bit but not the 5 Working days if you have no details.

If you had travel details for an immediate departure that might be different  and maybe they would issue there and then but as I did not need it immediately myself I did not ask that question.

Got mine within 24 hours with no travel details.

1 minute ago, Rinrada said:

We have our second Pfizer shots on Thursday (day after tomorrow) at 9.am so will head down there afterwards...Thanks guys for all of the information...good stuff...

Which hospital are you taking the Pfizer shot at?

Edited by EricTh

On 9/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, DrPhibes said:

As promised, report back from signing up for COVID passport:

Wife called the local CDC here in Chiang Mai yesterday and they are not requiring travel docs to get the vaccine passport, just bring your passport and your vaccine certificate a signed copy of your passport and vaccine certificate and they will then set an appt a week later to come pick up and pay your 50 baht.  Was the only one there at 10:15am, took all of 15 min. to fill out the paperwork and such.  Location is the Nankornping Hospital Tuberculosis Center across from Suriwong bookstore Sridonchai Rd.

Interesting.  When my wife called they told her I would need to show proof of traveling and it would take a week, etc.  Rather than be "that Farang", I ended up just ordering a yellow vaccine passport from the WHO and having McCormick stamp the inside with my 2 Pfizer shots.  (My wife also asked the guys at the Thai CDC is they would accept the WHO yellow vaccine passport and they told her you can only put yellow fever vaccine information in it, which is of course not the case.  But, I've learned not to have these arguments.)

I assume you managed in getting the Thai vaccine passport?  Which is the same as the WHO vaccine passport?

33 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Interesting.  When my wife called they told her I would need to show proof of traveling and it would take a week, etc.  Rather than be "that Farang", I ended up just ordering a yellow vaccine passport from the WHO and having McCormick stamp the inside with my 2 Pfizer shots.  (My wife also asked the guys at the Thai CDC is they would accept the WHO yellow vaccine passport and they told her you can only put yellow fever vaccine information in it, which is of course not the case.  But, I've learned not to have these arguments.)

I assume you managed in getting the Thai vaccine passport?  Which is the same as the WHO vaccine passport?

What is this WHO vaccine passport?

Edited by EricTh

19 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What is this WHO vaccine passport?

The WHO vaccine passport has been around for years.  It is yellow (which is sometimes it is referred as a yellow vaccine passport) and sometimes has the country emblem that you live in or got it in on the front and sometimes just the WHO information.  It must be in French and English.  And was originally created (I believe) as proof of yellow fever vaccinations for traveling to Africa.  

https://www.who.int/ihr/IVC200_06_26.pdf

I had one originally for yellow fever, but lost it with all the traveling I've done.  I simply bought a new one online and when it got here had the hospital stamp my Covid vaccines in it.  They were happy to do so, and I wasn't the only Farang with one.

I don't know why the Thai CDC told my wife you can only put yellow fever vaccines in it, it has pages in it clearly marked for any other vaccines.  Miscommunication or misunderstanding, I don't know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

The WHO vaccine passport has been around for years.  It is yellow (which is sometimes it is referred as a yellow vaccine passport) and sometimes has the country emblem that you live in or got it in on the front and sometimes just the WHO information.  It must be in French and English.  And was originally created (I believe) as proof of yellow fever vaccinations for traveling to Africa.  

https://www.who.int/ihr/IVC200_06_26.pdf

I had one originally for yellow fever, but lost it with all the traveling I've done.  I simply bought a new one online and when it got here had the hospital stamp my Covid vaccines in it.  They were happy to do so, and I wasn't the only Farang with one.

I don't know why the Thai CDC told my wife you can only put yellow fever vaccines in it, it has pages in it clearly marked for any other vaccines.  Miscommunication or misunderstanding, I don't know.

Picking up my Thai vax Passport this Thursday from Travel Offiice at NKP..just up from Pantip Plaza.Like what you say about your WHO yellow book since I found an old one I got when entering Australia...long Time ago...Might try and get it stamped at NKP...You never know..

A THAI 202020210812_10510031.jpg

49 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What use is the Passport if a double Pfizer jab is unacceptable to enter UK, and to return to Thailand without quarantining?

What??  Pfizer has always been an accepted vaccine for the UK.  The issue is that Thailand is still listed as a red country even though they now have the Pfizer vaccine, so the UK still requires 10 days of quarantine.  Which I personally think is silly, but I'm not from the UK so ...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-list-of-countries-and-territories

The purpose of the WHO vaccine passport is that is should be internationally recognized as valid as it is issued by the WHO (UN).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

Picking up my Thai vax Passport this Thursday from Travel Offiice at NKP..just up from Pantip Plaza.Like what you say about your WHO yellow book since I found an old one I got when entering Australia...long Time ago...Might try and get it stamped at NKP...You never know..

A THAI 202020210812_10510031.jpg

WOW!  That just looks old and well travelled!  LOL

1 minute ago, kurtmartens said:

WOW!  That just looks old and well travelled!  LOL

Darwin..1st March 1970...I have had others over the years since I worked mostly in Middle East,Africa and SE Asia and even have/had one when I got a Vax in the British Embassy in from memory Jeddah..Saudi. (UK now say they dont do that ).JFI ...that was around the time of the Helen Smith situation...look it up...sad...and observed a lot of Embassy staff looking "concerned"..in fact nervous...But another story..for another day..yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

The purpose of the WHO vaccine passport is that is should be internationally recognized as valid as it is issued by the WHO (UN).  

I don't think all countries (except maybe the English and French speaking countries) actually recognize the WHO vaccine passport because it's only in two languages

It's just like even though some Covid vaccines were approved by WHO, but they were not accepted by some countries.

Edited by EricTh

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I don't think all countries (except maybe the English and French speaking countries) actually recognize the WHO vaccine passport because it's only in two languages

It's just like even though some Covid vaccines were approved by WHO, but they were not accepted by some countries.

It is a UN document, so any country that is a member of the UN technically needs to accept it.  It is in English and French because as I said earlier it was developed originally for use with yellow fever vaccines in Africa and French is the predominant language in those countries other than English.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

It was accepted in every country I visited in the 70's when virtually every country insisted on it.  I had to get one before I joined the navy, not after, if I remember correctly. Nowadays not many countries require it.  

From the NHS website;

"

Some countries require a certificate showing you have been vaccinated before you're allowed entry.

This is known as an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP).

All vaccination certificates are now valid for life, including older ones with an expiry date on them. You'll be given a certificate when you're vaccinated at a yellow fever vaccination centre.

Check the country information on the TravelHealthPro website or with a yellow fever vaccination centre to see if you need a certificate for the area you're visiting.

A certificate is not needed for entry into the UK.

Keep your certificate safe and make a copy for your records."

From WiKi;

"The ICVP's nickname Yellow Card or its French equivalent Carte Jaune derives from the yellow colour of the document. The fact that yellow fever is a commonly required vaccination for travel has contributed to the document's association with the colour yellow, even though the ICVP can cover a wide range of vaccinations and booster shots, not just yellow fever

Edited by fangless
WiKi quote added
  • Like 1

One day maybe someone at a higher level will get their feces together and insist on only one type of vaccination certificate for the world again, instead we have each country doing their own thing and then those not accepted by others.  What a fluster cluck

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

Wow, I just said I will have to travel in the future to the US and that was all that was asked at the window about travel.  Location is the Nankornping Hospital Tuberculosis Center across from Suriwong bookstore Sridonchai Rd.  Came back a week later for the yellow Thai vaccine book and pay my 50 baht, easy peasey.

Does anyone know  if this has to be done in person?  Can Mr K take his and my certificate and passport.

Expecting important documents mailed from overseas so one of us has to stay home in case it comes.  For some reason Australia doesn't use the standard tracking that the rest of the world does;  I have a tracking number, and it's in the correct format (two letters, eight numbers, country code) but as always when I enter it there's no such number in the tracking system.

6 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Wow, I just said I will have to travel in the future to the US and that was all that was asked at the window about travel.  Location is the Nankornping Hospital Tuberculosis Center across from Suriwong bookstore Sridonchai Rd.  Came back a week later for the yellow Thai vaccine book and pay my 50 baht, easy peasey.

What is the inside of the book like?  It is similar to the WHO book?  Or is it just for the covid vaccines?

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

One day maybe someone at a higher level will get their feces together and insist on only one type of vaccination certificate for the world again, instead we have each country doing their own thing and then those not accepted by others.  What a fluster cluck

Totally agree.  And while I am not a UN fan (having worked for them), I think the WHO vaccine book is the closest we have to universal.  

4 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

Totally agree.  And while I am not a UN fan (having worked for them), I think the WHO vaccine book is the closest we have to universal.  

(having worked for them),...yes hang on to everything...you never know Still got my UNV ID card and Driving License from UNTAC...

On 10/5/2021 at 3:23 PM, KannikaP said:

What use is the Passport if a double Pfizer jab is unacceptable to enter UK, and to return to Thailand without quarantining?

A double Pfizer jab is NOW acceptable to the UK!

Edited by falang1969