Vaccine passport

EricTh

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I am talking about obtaining the passport vaccine…not getting the shot 

there is no reason in today’s world of technology that one has to physically go to the office to initiate a process to wait 5 days…

the PP vaccine should be available on line to  download to your phone and also be able to print out a hard copy all from home…

there is no office visit, waiting 5 days   another office visit etc

it should be available on line and immediately after you get 2nd shot as they record it into their system…

we don’t live in the 20th century anymore…

I was referring to the vaccine passport and not getting the shot. The trouble with downloading and printing is it can be forged by others using your identity.

I have yet to get mine so I don't know what security features are there to prevent forging. Is it a book with pages or just a one page thing?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Here is your problem with your issue with downloading and printing…

that is how the world works today (if you decide to live in it) with airline tickets, taxes, entertainment admission, visa applications, tax documents, your personal investment documents, personal health results from doctors, social security information, car license renewals, personal estate and Will documents, an array of legal documents etc

somehow this passport vaccine document in your mind trumps any other document known to mankind…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, EricTh said:

I was referring to the vaccine passport and not getting the shot. The trouble with downloading and printing is it can be forged by others using your identity.

I have yet to get mine so I don't know what security features are there to prevent forging. Is it a book with pages or just a one page thing?

If you are talking about the yellow vaccine passport from MOH in CM then the only inbuilt security features that I can see is a Thai language watermark on every page and one embossed stamp.  It is a passport sized booklet with a yellow cover and two pages stitched into it.  I am sure the boys on KSR could have nocked one up in an hour or less during their heydays but not quite a simple photoshop job.

Edited by fangless

5 hours ago, fangless said:

If you are talking about the yellow vaccine passport from MOH in CM then the only inbuilt security features that I can see is a Thai language watermark on every page and one embossed stamp.  It is a passport sized booklet with a yellow cover and two pages stitched into it.  I am sure the boys on KSR could have nocked one up in an hour or less during their heydays but not quite a simple photoshop job.

I got my vaccine passport today. It is actually a nine pages booklet with official red stamps and signature which serve as the security features.

All the pages have green Thai scripts/watermarks embossed in the background to prevent forging. So it can't be downloaded and just printed.

I wonder at which point do we need to show our vaccine passport? at the airport immigration?

Edited by EricTh

25 minutes ago, kimincm said:

Thanks for all the info. I downloaded the Application Form,says copies must be certified,

Nobody mentions this here.Is this being enforced?

Thanks, Kim

There are application forms at the office so there's no need to download.

Photocopies of vaccination cert & passport must be certified means that it must be signed by you.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, kimincm said:

Thanks for all the info. I downloaded the Application Form,says copies must be certified,

Nobody mentions this here.Is this being enforced?

Thanks, Kim

I did not get anything "certified".

On 9/16/2021 at 1:37 PM, CNX171 said:

Most helpful fangless. 

The ramp was located. But that also the attached phone waiting for visitors. This form in English requires itinerary details.

I don't like banging on the table farangStyle.  Is there any official document in Thai which says vaccination passports can or must be given to farang upon request without travel details?

IMG-20210917-WA0000.jpg

17 minutes ago, poohy said:

It can also be obtained from your vaccinating hospital

I got mind from my local hospital(not in BKK) where i had my jabs 

How convenient! I guess it is different for different provinces. Which province did you get it from?

The hospital that I got my vacc. jab told me to go to the Health Ministry instead. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 6:49 PM, EricTh said:

We are talking about the future, most of us only got vaccinated in Aug 2021

1 Oct is very near.

I got my first jab on 09 Aug 21, not scheduled to get second one till 01 Nov 21, then have to wait 2 weeks for it to be fully effective, so if they start to open up I'll stay home but also won't be able to go to any restaurants until I have the 2nd one, buggar. ???? 

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I got my first jab on 09 Aug 21, not scheduled to get second one till 01 Nov 21, then have to wait 2 weeks for it to be fully effective, so if they start to open up I'll stay home but also won't be able to go to any restaurants until I have the 2nd one, buggar. ???? 

Why do you have to wait so long for the second jab? Most of us only have to wait 3 weeks.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why do you have to wait so long for the second jab? Most of us only have to wait 3 weeks.

It's AZ, that apparently is the reccomended vaccine interval, although the hospital I went to has called people forward earlier than the date they were given, so ????????

Also, I tried to download the Mor Prom app on my Line thingy, that was bloody hard work, couldn't access it as I didn't have the 13 digit ID number and don't get it until I've had the 2nd jab. Oh well ????

37 minutes ago, EricTh said:

How convenient! I guess it is different for different provinces. Which province did you get it from?

The hospital that I got my vacc. jab told me to go to the Health Ministry instead. 

Prachuap Khiri Khan province and PKK local hospital

On the other hand re vaccination Hua hin seems a bit of a night mare (well shall we much harder work than here so yes things differ)

I suppose it pays to live in the governing town complete with it army n airforce bases

On 9/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, DrPhibes said:

As promised, report back from signing up for COVID passport:

Wife called the local CDC here in Chiang Mai yesterday and they are not requiring travel docs to get the vaccine passport, just bring your passport and your vaccine certificate a signed copy of your passport and vaccine certificate and they will then set an appt a week later to come pick up and pay your 50 baht.  Was the only one there at 10:15am, took all of 15 min. to fill out the paperwork and such.  Location is the Nankornping Hospital Tuberculosis Center across from Suriwong bookstore Sridonchai Rd.

Yellow vaccination passport picked up easy peasy.  Had to go to 3 different windows but only one doing it at 2pm so maybe 10min total.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:22 PM, DrPhibes said:

Yellow vaccination passport picked up easy peasy.  Had to go to 3 different windows but only one doing it at 2pm so maybe 10min total.

I only had to go to 1 window at the main HQ office to collect my vaccine passport.

Not sure how it's going to be used at this moment.. I guess it is only going to be used for those countries that recognise Thailand's vaccine passport.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

I only had to go to 1 window at the main HQ office to collect my vaccine passport.

Not sure how it's going to be used at this moment.. I guess it is only going to be used for those countries that recognise Thailand's vaccine passport.

At the MOH opposite Suriwong Bookshop it is a five day 3 window/office set up. 

Day one go to signposted window near ramp submit docs (Vaccine cert and passport copy)  explain no travel itinerary as want for possible future emergency use, get receipt. 

Seven days later return to window and deposit receipt.  Receive some papers go to window 6 and deposit said papers and pay 50Baht receive some papers and go to office 10 receive vaccine passport (little yellow book) sign for return of copy of passport page and all done. 

• Like 2

Must admit, the document terminology isn't that great.   Here in southern Phuket, Expats have mainly been vaccinated either at a hotel in Karon, or the Jung Ceylon shopping mall in Patong.   I was assigned to the latter, and had my second AZ dose yesterday (18th).   Now, reading in the Phuket forum, where most of the contributors had been to Karon, and mentioning that a subsequent trip to Chalong hospital was required to get a Vaccination Certificate.   So, I've got it in my mind that I too am going to need to go that route to get a certificate.   Yesterday, after my jab, a second stamp was put in my passport and I received a document.   I asked if I needed to go to Chalong hospital to get a certificate/passport and was told no, Patong Hospital.   So, I go straight there and gave the document that I'd just been given, and a copy of my passport.

Now, I have no plans to travel internationally, and only wanted whatever it is that will allow me free movement within Thailand.   Turns out that the document that I'd been given was exactly that, the Vaccination Certificate, issued in Jung Ceylon.   So, at Patong Hospital I was given a receipt (see photo), and I need to go back on the 23rd to collect my 'International' document.

Meanwhile this morning, installed the Mor Prom app, inserted the 13 digit number from the sticker on my passport, and bingo, recognised me (full name/passport number/DOB etc) as well as showing the Vaccination Certificate (screen shot attached).   

Bit of a long post, but if anyone else can glean some information or insight from this, that's fine.

20210918_171944.jpg

Screenshot_20210919-080854.jpeg

Edit:   Apologies, I hadn't realised that this thread was in the Chiang Mai forum. 

Edited by pagallim
Forum.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Must admit, the document terminology isn't that great.   Here in southern Phuket, Expats have mainly been vaccinated either at a hotel in Karon, or the Jung Ceylon shopping mall in Patong.   I was assigned to the latter, and had my second AZ dose yesterday (18th).   Now, reading in the Phuket forum, where most of the contributors had been to Karon, and mentioning that a subsequent trip to Chalong hospital was required to get a Vaccination Certificate.   So, I've got it in my mind that I too am going to need to go that route to get a certificate.   Yesterday, after my jab, a second stamp was put in my passport and I received a document.   I asked if I needed to go to Chalong hospital to get a certificate/passport and was told no, Patong Hospital.   So, I go straight there and gave the document that I'd just been given, and a copy of my passport.

Now, I have no plans to travel internationally, and only wanted whatever it is that will allow me free movement within Thailand.   Turns out that the document that I'd been given was exactly that, the Vaccination Certificate, issued in Jung Ceylon.   So, at Patong Hospital I was given a receipt (see photo), and I need to go back on the 23rd to collect my 'International' document.

Meanwhile this morning, installed the Mor Prom app, inserted the 13 digit number from the sticker on my passport, and bingo, recognised me (full name/passport number/DOB etc) as well as showing the Vaccination Certificate (screen shot attached).   

Bit of a long post, but if anyone else can glean some information or insight from this, that's fine.

20210918_171944.jpg

Screenshot_20210919-080854.jpeg

Edit:   Apologies, I hadn't realised that this thread was in the Chiang Mai forum. 

It seems there are 3 different documents here.

1. Vaccination certificate - to apply for vaccination passport

2. Vaccine passport slip - appointment to get vaccination passport

3. Vaccination passport - for international travel to countries that recognize Thailand's vaccines

Edited by EricTh

18 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The question becomes upon re entry to thailand, it will the yellow vaccine passport….what about folks who didn’t get it and only have the vaccine certificate? 

That's why it is a grey area. The government really didn't tell us what's the difference between vaccine passport and vaccine cert in terms of usage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

That's why it is a grey area. The government really didn't tell us what's the difference between vaccine passport and vaccine cert in terms of usage.

So if you really must travel you should have them both then whatever the government chooses at the moment you have what they require.

3 hours ago, Mahseer said:

And don't forget there is also a government app that has details of your Covid vaccines. It's called Mor Prom. Take a look.

Mor Prom is for local usage and not international usage.