Thailand’s Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat leaves his ministerial position, debate over if he resigned or was fired

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not personally, but his acolytes in the Pheu Thai Party are still very active and Thammanat is the main government fixer, who was keeping this coalition in line. 

Thammanat of course used to be Pheu Thai himself, until he jumped ship, and went to the same Police school as Thaksin.

Then there was this from back in June, shortly before all the commotion about Thammanat becoming PM started: https://thainewsroom.com/2021/06/30/thaksin-to-thammanat-dont-spend-money-on-elections/

I'm sure its nothing though. ????

Just shows how dirty Thai politics is again. Your hallowed PTP is as dirty as the junta as they use many of the same ministers and only attack them when on the other side. I mean how does that work no political allegiance just in it for the money. Shows that Thai politics is just that a business full of crooks.  

• Sad 1

. In May, the Constitutional Court ruled in his favour to maintain his status as an MP, saying the sentence was handed by an Australian court, not a Thai court.

I wonder if any foreigners with a criminal record in their home country could use that argument if rejected for a Thai visa. ????

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Not convicted in Thailand

Yea a weak excuse but the expected outcome as he had government support. I wonder if they will find some way to reverse it if he becomes opposition. But what i find stupid is that he worked for both sides. Shows that both sides have equally low morals. I mean so many have just switched sides and would switch back again. All for the money so to say that one government is more corrupt then the other is so hard as the faces are often much the same. What a disgrace.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he decided to resign due to internal rifts and different political ideologies with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha and the Palang Pracharat Party.

does it smells like trouble in "paradise" ..... more to come 555

14 hours ago, Caldera said:

Firing him when his Australian conviction became public knowledge would have shown strength. Firing him now, not so much. 

Correct; but Prayut and his fellow Gangsters in Parliament are not Men of Honour, there is no Honour among Thieves !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Not sure about that, its more that Thai laws are flexible and made in a way they can be explained in multiple ways so those in power can use them as they like harsh, or soft like in this case. Just look at the difference between how the protesters are treated and the torture policeman. The law is flexible to allow the government to misuse it.

Only when the government belongs to the same political network as the judiciary. The judiciary has an extensive record of protecting protesters when they are yellow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Only when the government belongs to the same political network as the judiciary. The judiciary has an extensive record of protecting protesters when they are yellow.

I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about recent events so the protesters are on a different side. But your right but i thought that was obvious. But its not as if when the Thaksin clones were in power they did not use the courts too. Less effective but still they used Tarit to do their dirty work. Its just that the ones in power always use it against the opposition in any way they can.

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

wonder how many of them have skeletons in their closets .... old saying says that " Everyone has skeletons in their closet. If you don’t – you haven’t been trying hard enough."

On 9/9/2021 at 9:01 AM, internationalism said:

he was conspiring together with prawit.

their plot was discovered and swiftly torpedoed with 5mln bananas at the office of the very PM, as alleged by an opposition MP and yet to be investigated by the house speaker.

It least 10 MP's, that includes some 5 from the future forward, turned cobras (bite back at their parties)

Prawit was in on the attempt to oust the PM too? I didn't see that coming, I assumed they were military buds on the same mission, but I hardly know a thing about the porky general

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Controversial Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao sacked

Thai-PBS-World-logo-23.jpg

Controversial Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao has been dismissed from the cabinet, effective yesterday (Wednesday), but only announced today, amid an internal conflict between him, on one side, and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda on the other. Also dismissed from the cabinet is Deputy Labour Minister Narumon Pinyosinwat.

The departures of the two ministers from office were published in the Royal Gazette today. Mr. Prayut gave an ambiguous answer to reporters when asked if both departures were a dismissal or a voluntary resignation, saying he has his reasons. But Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam confirmed they were sacked.

Thammanat, in a press conference to announce his resignation today, in an apparent move to snub the government narrative, said that his relationship with Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, also leader of the main coalition party, Palang Pracharat, remains intact, but he has parted ways with both the prime minister and General Anupong and he has decided to follow his own path, although he added that he has not fallen out with the two men.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/controversial-deputy-agriculture-minister-thammanat-prompao-sacked-dpm-wissanu/

Logo-top-.png

In a dictatorship, all ministers are corrupted

Edited by daejung

18 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

a strategic mistake by the PM, always keep your enemies closer ????

works in police structure, transfer to inactive duties at the HQ. They are still part of the gang, just out of public and media attention.

In politics there is a limited quantity of ministerial posts. Because in politics all important is done behind closed doors, not possible to control, it was too dangerous for Prayuth to keep him. Also a warning.

Still, Thammanat was a personal bodyguard to a certain person (as testified in an australian court), so he has a back up for his life.

Also thammanat was/and probably still is a connection between Thaksin and that certain person.