Vaccine certificate

malthebluff

19 hours ago, sirineou said:

Or the US.

I have asked many, some well connected ,and no one has an answer.

It seems they haven't  got this far in their thinking yet.  If there was any thinking involved. 

This is a huge problem. BBC showed a 5-hour queue at Heathrow last week due to Covid checking. I have been thinking about this for a year and posted on ThaiVisa, but nobody responded! This comment appears on page 41:

What we really need is a digital WHO card that could record all vaccinations or just Covid (at the option of individual countries). With more and more vaccines being approved, it will be increasingly difficult and time consuming to determine whose vaccination is still effective. That had better be done before boarding an aircraft. Still, doing a rapid antigen test, at least on borderline cases, would make sense before check-in.

5 hours ago, fangless said:

My understanding is the yellow "Passport" is required for travel.  The document in my post above is required to get the "Passport".  In CM it takes a week and 50Baht for standard issue without any planned travel itinerary although it took me a while to convince them I needed it now in case of emergency.  There are reports in the CM forum of people getting a same day "Passport" with a proven immediate itinerary.

How long is that yellow card valid? Can it be updated if we get a booster somewhere?

4 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Once tourists arrive in droves on 1 Oct, there vaccination certs may be in a variety of languages. Who, at the restaurants, will be availanle to translate from English, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese, etc? I am sure the govt has thought this out

Who cares? Is this a problem for you personally? Let them work it out. 

20 minutes ago, placnx said:

How long is that yellow card valid? Can it be updated if we get a booster somewhere?

Yes it can be updated.  There is no end date shown.  Suspect the validity will be dependent on the Vaccination type and lot number and subject to "announcements" by the MOH.

• Like 1

Just now, placnx said:

This is a huge problem. BBC showed a 5-hour queue at Heathrow last week due to Covid checking. I have been thinking about this for a year and posted on ThaiVisa, but nobody responded! This comment appears on page 41:

What we really need is a digital WHO card that could record all vaccinations or just Covid (at the option of individual countries). With more and more vaccines being approved, it will be increasingly difficult and time consuming to determine whose vaccination is still effective. That had better be done before boarding an aircraft. Still, doing a rapid antigen test, at least on borderline cases, would make sense before check-in.

Has to be simplified. For example, any vaccine, in any combo, wherever manufactured and wherever administered is acceptable providing you have received two jabs within the previous 12 months. The original concept of 'one of three' to avoid quarantine i.e. vaccinated, negative test or had it and recovered within the last 90 days sounded just too good to be true!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

Here we go.

No photo description available.

It would appear travel docs./tickets are needed first before this is issued.i can see this being a problem if someone needs to travel in a hurry for a funeral for example and there are problems obtaining it before your flight.Surely better to waive this requirement and let all apply in case it is needed later.

10 hours ago, chang50 said:

It would appear travel docs./tickets are needed first before this is issued.i can see this being a problem if someone needs to travel in a hurry for a funeral for example and there are problems obtaining it before your flight.Surely better to waive this requirement and let all apply in case it is needed later.

I wonder if a due to expire passport stamp and exiting at a land border are acceptable to Somchai at the local Public Health Dept. Office. This could be issued on the spot. I don't see the reason for the 7 day wait/delay in Chiang Mai (?) I read about.

• Like 1

with the certificate of vaccination from McCormick, it has the QR code for one to put the identifying vaccine, date, etc for both jabs.  It also provides a code for any agency I guess that would be able to provide the identity of the person.  I too will follow this "vaccination passport" in ASEANnow forum as I will be returning to the US but not anytime soon.

BANG SUE RAILWAY STATION

Has anybody received a vaccine passport or other paperwork with a 13 digit code etc. from BANG SUE Railway Station Vaccine Centre.

After our first Az jab we got a A4 paper with our next appointment date on it,   a friend who just got the second Jab there did not receive a certificate and has only the stamped appointment slips.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:39 PM, The Fugitive said:

Has to be simplified. For example, any vaccine, in any combo, wherever manufactured and wherever administered is acceptable providing you have received two jabs within the previous 12 months. The original concept of 'one of three' to avoid quarantine i.e. vaccinated, negative test or had it and recovered within the last 90 days sounded just too good to be true!

It's extremely complicated since each vaccine performs differently, overall as well as in individuals with risk factors. So for now each passenger's Covid credentials need to be scrutinized.

A digital WHO card would solution be the best except that Chinese vaccines are not trusted, so it would be difficult for WHO to put out a card that will enable countries to systematically deny entry to people only jabbed with Sinovac. On the other hand, there would be a capacity to deal with people who had heterologous vaccinations, such as 2 Sinovac + Pfizer.