What you can and cannot legally do with Kratom, Thai Justice Minister explains

snoop1130

LINE_ALBUM_มิติทางสังคม_๒๑๐๙๐๗_3.jpg

Kratom leaves can be freely planted, used, possessed, sold, boiled raw (not mixed with any other ingredient) for drinks, and distributed but cooking as part of food and making herbal juice or drink concoctions for sale is still illegal, Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin clarified yesterday, September 9th.

Kratom was recently legalized in Thailand, notes TPN media, but that doesn’t mean one will see legal Kratom restaurants or cafes anytime in the immediate future.

“Leaf-chewing, cultivating, possessing, and selling of uncooked fresh leaves is not illegal. But, if the leaves are used for making herbal products that help relieve various symptoms one must apply for permission under the Medicinal Products Act of the Ministry of Public Health. Additionally, selling products with kratom that involve cooking, mixing, blending, shakes or similar processes are illegal.” he stressed.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/10/what-you-can-and-cannot-legally-do-with-kratom-thai-justice-minister-explains/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

selling products with kratom that involve cooking, mixing, blending, shakes or similar processes are illegal.” he stressed

Ah  well the  enterprising young woman doing a roaring trade selling kratom smoothies and battered leaves in her restaurant  on the news the other day will be quite miffed about that !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Where ?  And is it legal ?

From the OP

Kratom leaves can be freely planted.........

I went on Gardeners' Questiontime and asked Alan Titmarsh, who told me you need a SEED to grow anything from!

Edited by KannikaP

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

From the OP

Kratom leaves can be freely planted.........

I went on Gardeners' Questiontime and asked Alan Titmarsh, who told me you need a SEED to grow anything from!

Alan titmarsh is obviously an idiot, next time ask Alan Titchmarsh the gardener who will explain air rooting to you and other methods of propagation.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, toofarnorth said:
18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Has anyone tried planting a krathom leaf?

Where ?  And is it legal ?

Better to buy a sapling available from your local plant/garden shop, prices have risen since it is now legal 400B and 500b on Facebook. 

Edited by brianthainess

15 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Not sure how much is needed to feel anything.. 

Have been told start with 3 leaves, then increase to more next time if needed. You can either chew the raw leaves, or dry them and make tea. My friend made a mistake by storing them in the fridge to keep them fresh, they went black and rotted.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My friend made a mistake by storing them in the fridge to keep them fresh, they went black and rotted.

Have mine in the fridge for the last 3 days. No probs.

DO: Consider Freezing – Freezers are cool, dark, and dry, making them perfect for storing Kratom. You can easily carve out a corner in the family freezer or buy a small standalone to ensure you have plenty of dedicated Kratom space. You can even use vacuum sealed bags IN a freezer for the ultimate Kratom storage.

https://kratomspot.com/storing-your-kratom-dos-and-donts/

• 2 weeks later...

After planting my Kratom sapling all appeared bad. The leaves on the sapling turned brown and fell off. I thought the rumour to be true that they were a difficult plant to get established. Thankfully after about 2 weeks new leaves have begun to appear. Things are now looking up.