Dog Attack

6 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

thanks digbeth: you are the first to suggest media involvement.

TVF Reporter already contacted me on this

Maybe if your friend is willing to tell his story, including with photos, to a media outlet (I guess this includes TVF), or even post on social media, the story might get some traction. There is even a good hook - repeated attacks and deaths caused by this breed mean that Thailand should place bans or controls on this breed.

Maybe this would help get some traction on the issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You thought I was being serious about giving out their full name and address?

That's correct. When you've been on this forum for a while you'll find that people routinely post things that are way more silly that what you posted and they really mean it.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

trying unsuccessfully to limit comments here to positive / useful. I did ask for that in OP, more from hope than expectation of course…….

Yep fair enough.

My angle was more that first hand always has more direct advice.

Moving along, I hope that he has pictures etc. Phone video of aftermath would have been gold but most likely given the circumstances not taken.

Thai media including social media love this stuff. 

My direction (after police report) would have been media outlets.

Edited by DrJack54

50 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

thanks digbeth: you are the first to suggest media involvement.

TVF Reporter already contacted me on this

The first part of my post on Page 1 of this thread, with the relevant sentence now highlighted:

"What's your friend waiting for? Forget any proactive police action (won't happen). Your friend needs to demand the police call the dog owner to come to the police station to sort out the problem. Your friend at the minimum needs to get something on record showing the owner of the dog admitting that he/she owns the dog and that his/her dog attacked your friend. Then if no compensation is forthcoming, your friend can make a fuss on social media and not be accused of defamation (or not so easily)."

No-one gives a rat's a55 about a "dog bites man" story without details of who owns the dog etc. Have you got those details? A photo of the dog inside the compound of the house where it is kept doesn't prove anything unless you have a photo or video of that dog actually attacking your friend. Knowing how people are these days with their phone obsessions, however I won't be surprised to hear that the witness thoughtfully videoed your friend being savaged by a pitbull before helping him (a video would make better news as well) ...

If your friend can't PROVE exactly which dog attacked him, he should think carefully before saying "it was this one". 

Edited by BKKBike09
spelling
  • Sad 1

I've owned many dogs.

I'm very anti killing a healthy dog.

It's true that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.  This dog needed training and its owner failed it.

But.

When a dog does this repeatedly without it's master intervening, it has learned that this behaviour is acceptable to the only person who matters to it; its master.

This dog is beyond saving, it WILL do this again.  Even if given professional training now, it can never be trusted near people again; it has to die.

Before anyone says that I don't know what I'm talking about, I had a German Shepherd bitch who was a lovely friendly dog until she had pups, then she turned.  She went for anything not family; people, dogs, cats, farm animals, birds, anything.  I kept her under strict control until the pups were weaned and homed, then had her put down.  I don't mind admitting that I cried, and I'm tearing up reading this and remembering, but it had to be done.  This one needs to go too.

• Like 2

bkkbike: not here to “prove” anything. “social media” different to “reporting” ( journalism).

your aggressive trolling in violation of forum rules so reported. nobody here except vile trolls “ gives a rats “ about your “opinions”. your idea of video proof is pure comedy. back to your meds now……

Status: Police have visited Owner. Victim in process of settling out of court with Owner.

Victim holding in reserve the offered Journalist Press Article intervention.

1st derisible Owner offer 20k baht …. Victim / Witness now again at Police Station to discuss Police Proceedings Report issue to Court. Victim stable & recovering but unable to be active much as arm understandably stiff & sensitive.

Moderators: please CLOSE this OP. Useful Comments have been Great…..but now dried up.

but thanks again to those ( majority) positively or even neutrally commenting.

all you pathetic trolls can eat waste & shuffle off to your next meds. overdose…..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kensawadee said:

Would you be open to 'Personal Mail' from other posters, as this one in OP, for recommendations to your lawyer and his location....I don't think lawyers need to be in your same area to be helpful.....Lawyers in Thailand cost MUCH, MUCH, LESS, than in Most countries, and I have had good results with a Thai Attorney some 40 years ago...

Have no problem with PM here to help if I can.

• Like 1