Dog Attack

Its always hard to find owner when something like this happen. If police investigate , nobody never say "yes was my dog"! Even you have evidence its hard to state who really is dog owner. Last year i hit dog whit motorpike and even i know who's dog it was , they deny right away "soi dog". Hopely justice win and this kind animal's put out of they misery! Even buddha way, should know whitch kind animals not belong together whit humans! Hope you friend get well soon and remember take rabies shots !

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

What's your friend waiting for? Forget any proactive police action (won't happen). Your friend needs to demand the police call the dog owner to come to the police station to sort out the problem. Your friend at the minimum needs to get something on record showing the owner of the dog admitting that he/she owns the dog and that his/her dog attacked your friend. Then if no compensation is forthcoming, your friend can make a fuss on social media and not be accused of defamation (or not so easily).

A neighbour of mine had a vicious mutt that used to get out of the compound and chase and bite people. No-one did anything about it. One day it bit a motorcycle delivery guy. Owner said to the guy "not my fault; you shouldn't have upset my dog". Two days later dog had been fed poisoned food and that was the end of it ... That's generally how locals deal with vicious dogs. I imagine they probably also check for CCTV before doing anything incriminating though.

"Two days later dog had been fed poisoned food and that was the end of it"

I've often thought of doing the same to the nine noisy abominations in next door's garden. I've suffered them for six years now. If it wasn't for the fact that the owners are quite nice people and friends of the missus, I would have done it long ago. Although not a dog lover (think God made a mistake when he gave them that obnoxious bark), I used to quite like them until living here.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, 2long said:

Why doesn't the OP tell us all where this happened, so that TV members and their family & friends can avoid the area? Someone on here might even know about it.

Could the whole story be made up? I've read many posts recently that appear this way. ???? Just saying, not accusing.

I'm a dog lover and very much in the 'owners are usually to blame more than dogs' brigade, but pitbulls are strong and trained as well as bred to be aggressive. They have no place in human society unless under control.

I hope the OP's buddy recovers, and the dog is dealt with before a child is hurt or worse.

May I ask where did this happen? Like an exact location... http://maps.google.com/ 

Pitbulls are a danger to everyone. The red Thai dogs are everywhere in my area. They roam the streets in packs but never have been a danger to me or anyone that lives here.

18 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Even in Thailand there is a thing called " Criminal " and Civil "  based on what you wrote you have a clear indication as to who the owner of the dog.  Some has the  belief that the police is completely in charge as " judge and jury " if one believe that then stop reading especially if one believe of retaliation if one takes it further.  I would get a good lawyer

( English speaking and comprehending )  file a Civil lawsuit with a injunction against owner that stops any movement of assets sadly one got to spend money to get money that would include anywhere in the world including Thailand. The Civil portion should put pressure on the police on criminal charges. 

Many cases you don't need to pay a lawyer to talk and get information... If you had to pay it would be minimal and well worth it.... Talk to your friend to seek out a lawyer... It could be a very good solution... Maybe talk to 2-3 different lawyers would be better....

1 minute ago, kensawadee said:

Many cases you don't need to pay a lawyer to talk and get information... If you had to pay it would be minimal and well worth it.... Talk to your friend to seek out a lawyer... It could be a very good solution... Maybe talk to 2-3 different lawyers would be better....

Correct, I will be the first to tell you how hard it is to find a really good lawyer even a Thai one, in the end you get what you pay for the lawyer I use now just happen to be a friend of the family Thai but raised, educated in the U.S. and based in Bangkok.  Yes any good lawyer will not charge you for just to hear you problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:40 AM, clivebaxter said:

The 'pittie' lovers will be here any moment to reassure us that their lucifer, fang or fury would never hurt a fly and baby sits the 6 month old kid and that there are no bad pitties only bad owners. These monsters are illegal in several countries for a reason- they kill people.! 

Generalizing again? All pitbulls kill people?

• Like 1

Get the police to move the file onto the court, where you can sue the dog owner for, say THB 20 million. This might need a little "on forwarding postage". Once at court, claim that anything exceeding the actual costs of the medical bills and legal expenses shall be donated to a royally sponsored orphanage or similar, you might be surprised, how speedy the file is getting processes as, after all, there is money for a worthy cause patronized by Thai royalty. It will also get the dog's owner moving fast like greased lightning! 

The only other solution I could recall would be called "Last Supper". It cannot be accepted that a loose cannon of a fighting dog carries on mauling as taught so by its owner(s)! That again you would have to get sanctioned by an official court ruling, i.e. the dog would have to be put down by a professional medic upon corresponding legal paperwork! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Correct, I will be the first to tell you how hard it is to find a really good lawyer even a Thai one, in the end you get what you pay for the lawyer I use now just happen to be a friend of the family Thai but raised, educated in the U.S. and based in Bangkok.  Yes any good lawyer will not charge you for just to hear you problem.

Would you be open to 'Personal Mail' from other posters, as this one in OP, for recommendations to your lawyer and his location....I don't think lawyers need to be in your same area to be helpful.....Lawyers in Thailand cost MUCH, MUCH, LESS, than in Most countries, and I have had good results with a Thai Attorney some 40 years ago...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2long said:

Anyone else notice that the OP started the topic and left?

I really do think that there's a few members in recent months who just make up a troll thread to draw attention.

#LockdownBoredom ?

Yes.... This is something to be considered also.... There are a few trolls around on this forum.... But the feedback I am reading is worth that possibility/risk... I still find most replies helpful in case this actually happens near you/me.....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bbko said:

My Thai BIL bought a pitbull, then after a short period he didn't want to take care of it anymore so he passed it off to his elderly parents, they keep it chained to a tree in minimally fenced yard 24/7.  Then after a year of this they asked my wife if we would be willing to keep the dog in our walled garden, I quickly said NO, it's like asking me to keep a lion or loaded gun in our yard, just waiting to go off and injure/kill someone. 

Yes of course I mean a dog that is raised like that has probably gone mad already. I think its really hard for a new owner to retrain such an animal unless your an experts on dogs.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, 2long said:

Why doesn't the OP tell us all where this happened, so that TV members and their family & friends can avoid the area? Someone on here might even know about it.

Why don't they tell us their full name and address?  If this is true, they should have no problem with that.  Otherwise they must be lying.  Nowt to hide = nowt to fear!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1