Chonburi hospital recommendation for minor (I hope) procedure.

davidhen

Hi folks,

I have a chronic nasal problem which compels me to breathe through my mouth most of the time, which in turn, severely disrupts my sleep. I have had 3 polypectomies back home (UK), the last of which having been carried out decades ago. The problem has recurred badly and I've endured it for about 4 months now, having tried rather unsuccessfully, to treat it with antibiotics, sprays and other drugs/methods.

I'm guessing that I'm going to need it (the polypectomy) again, or similar in order to be able to breathe/eat/sleep properly again. I'm also guessing, medicine having advanced greatly over the years, that any procedure could probably be carried out with minimal invasion, and as a day patient. 

One option would be to go home, and throw myself at the mercy of the NHS waiting list, not something that instills me with a lot of hope. The other option (if deemed safe, re Covid, and I've had my 2 jabs by the way) would be to pay to have it done here. I am currently living in Jomtien and do not have any health insurance.

Any suggestions as to a hospital recommendation/approximation of cost for such a procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

David.

Impossible to talk about costs when it is not yet known what type of procedure, if any, is recommended.

First things first, you need a consultation with a good ENT. Emphasis on good, they are not all equal (to put it mildly) especially in Thailand.

With your history I recommend going into Bangkok and seeing this doctor, he is at St Louis which is a non-profit private hospital so less expensive than most private hospitals (though of course still more than a govt hospital would be)

https://zeekdoc.com/en/doctor/assoc-prof-songklot-aeumjaturapat-127?clinic_id=24

Here is the hospital website, the appointment function seems not to work i nthe English version (at least nto on my ocmputer) but you can call. Actually at St Louis usually do nto need an appointment, first come-first serve but should call to verify the doctor will be there

https://en.saintlouis.or.th/